The mug that is Paul Merson

McFaul

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's Merson added to the list of anti-NUFC wrongun pundits.

Fine company in Lawrenson and Crooks.

Merson was the Preston North End, a founder member and the champion of the inaugural wrongun pundit award scheme.

I wouldn't let him wind you up Stevie, as he's clearly got some kind of an agenda against us and only said it to get a reaction out of people.

Actually on that note, why is Craig Burley so biased against us? Whenever he's commentating on our games, he seems loathe to give us any form of praise.

Thick as fuck and as has been said, can't take him seriously. Ever.

A couple of years back before one of our games with the mackems, he did a preview on it for sky. He started by saying it wasn't a proper derby and then abruptly took it back in his review of the game.

He probably hates us anyway, I remember once while he was at Villa, he was warming up next to the away end and he was getting dogs abuse about his 'issues' from our lot, to the point where he fucked off to the other side of the pitch to get away from it. I don't doubt the dopey prick gets flashbacks every time he hears Newcastle mentioned.

Also, not to pass up the oppurtunity to abuse Villa.. Can't stand the bastards. Never met a nice Villa fan, always hated it as an away day too. Celebrated our relegation like they'd won the league which was hard to take. Read a proper bitter match preview once from one of thier fanzine websites, just before we promptly beat them on thier own turf against the odds. That was good. Were under Roeder at the time I think.

Will also never get the image out of my head of a few ethnic gentleman in Villa shirts doing suicide bomber impressions at our coach a few years back. With any luck they've been deported. Would explain thier gates anyway. Wankers.

I wouldn't let him wind you up Stevie, as he's clearly got some kind of an agenda against us and only said it to get a reaction out of people.

Actually on that note, why is Craig Burley so biased against us? Whenever he's commentating on our games, he seems loathe to give us any form of praise.

Craig Burley is probably the worst, and I think it boils down to our game against Derby in 2002, I can't remember who did it, but he was injured by one of our players so bad he had to retire. Regarding Merson you're right, he said The Tyne Wear derby was a nothing game and no one in Southampton was interested in it. Funny how in 2009 it got Sky's largest viewing audience of any game that year.

I was sat next to two Villa fans for the 6-0, they had clearly got tickets in the home end.

I got cracking on to them and I was hungover and forgot to get any water and it was so, so hot that day so I basically poured scorn over everything Aston Villa, totally belittled the club and slagged it off saying their fans were cunts for the way they went on in our relegation season - it was Spursesque abuse Stevie.

Anyway they left before half time and never came back, the best bit I was sat about 2 rows back to the right of the goal in the leazes end, where the first 3 goals went in! :lol:

I was sat next to two Villa fans for the 6-0, they had clearly got tickets in the home end.

I got cracking on to them and I was hungover and forgot to get any water and it was so, so hot that day so I basically poured scorn over everything Aston Villa, totally belittled the club and slagged it off saying their fans were cunts for the way they went on in our relegation season - it was Spursesque abuse Stevie.

Anyway they left before half time and never came back, the best bit I was sat about 2 rows back to the right of the goal in the leazes end, where the first 3 goals went in! :lol:

What a great day that was. My mate was playing a local festival the night before, so we all camped over. Ended up having shit loads of pills, so by the time the match started I'd barely had any sleep and the comedown had started to kick in. I was an emotional wreck by the end of it all.

Thick as fuck and as has been said, can't take him seriously. Ever.

A couple of years back before one of our games with the mackems, he did a preview on it for sky. He started by saying it wasn't a proper derby and then abruptly took it back in his review of the game.

He probably hates us anyway, I remember once while he was at Villa, he was warming up next to the away end and he was getting dogs abuse about his 'issues' from our lot, to the point where he fucked off to the other side of the pitch to get away from it. I don't doubt the dopey prick gets flashbacks every time he hears Newcastle mentioned.

Also, not to pass up the oppurtunity to abuse Villa.. Can't stand the bastards. Never met a nice Villa fan, always hated it as an away day too. Celebrated our relegation like they'd won the league which was hard to take. Read a proper bitter match preview once from one of thier fanzine websites, just before we promptly beat them on thier own turf against the odds. That was good. Were under Roeder at the time I think.

Will also never get the image out of my head of a few ethnic gentleman in Villa shirts doing suicide bomber impressions at our coach a few years back. With any luck they've been deported. Would explain thier gates anyway. Wankers.

Good post. Regarding that day at Villa you mention, it was one of the worst of my life, they were so fucking happy we were relegated. Prior to May 24 2009, I reckon if we relegated them, we'd walk out the ground shake their hands and go "poor cunts". I don't condone football violence, but I hope Newcastle is never a friendly place for those bunch of arseholes to come to and it wasn't one or two people ye naa it was almost everyone, was like they'd won a trophy, in fact I've never seen them as passionate about anything.

Robbie Savage didn't get a mention here, should be in the same "cunt" category as Merson & Burley.

Remember him talking about our chances of surviving after our return from the Championship - he was like "they're basically the same team that went down, blahblah, they will go straight back down". He then went on to say how poor we were when he played us with Derby and won 3-0.

Funnily enough he covered the 6-0 v Villa on MOTD 2 shortly afterwards, his face was gold "I probably have to reverse my opinion" fucking long-haired cunt.

Mersons done waaaaaaay too much coke to ever be taken seriously again. [/allegedly] :lol:

On a serious note the way he blubbed for the cameras and used his so called charity funded story of his addiction in the The Sun to get away with any kind of ban for being a junkie was one of the most cynical pisstakes out of the the FA ever. Because of that the story of him being bankrupt (largely due to being thick as shit) was heart-warming.

Edited by NJS

Guest CabayeAye

Where I currently live, Villa are the nearest PL team. I have NEVER seen a Villa shirt, heard anyone talk about Villa or know anyone who supports them. In fact the midlands in general is shite for football. No, wait, it's shite in general. Birmingham is in the top 5 biggest shitholes in the UK and Nuneaton, well, it has reached m*ckem levels of mutantness. The locals are inbred, benefit scumming, retarded fucktards of the highest order.

Robbie Savage didn't get a mention here, should be in the same "cunt" category as Merson & Burley.

Remember him talking about our chances of surviving after our return from the Championship - he was like "they're basically the same team that went down, blahblah, they will go straight back down". He then went on to say how poor we were when he played us with Derby and won 3-0.

Funnily enough he covered the 6-0 v Villa on MOTD 2 shortly afterwards, his face was gold "I probably have to reverse my opinion" fucking long-haired cunt.

I prefer to pretend he doesn't exist, one of the biggest arseholes in the history of football. The youtube videos of him singing in the car before driving to games say nee more.

Where I currently live, Villa are the nearest PL team. I have NEVER seen a Villa shirt, heard anyone talk about Villa or know anyone who supports them. In fact the midlands in general is shite for football. No, wait, it's shite in general. Birmingham is in the top 5 biggest shitholes in the UK and Nuneaton, well, it has reached m*ckem levels of mutantness. The locals are inbred, benefit scumming, retarded fucktards of the highest order.

Cheers mate!