The Official Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United FC Match Thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: Bellamy's freekick, Krul shouts for Simpson to come back, but the kick is taken before he gets into position so they both panic and fuck up. The rest of the game Simpson played well.

Simpson at fault for the third goal as well though. Don't complain about there not being anywhere there to pass it short to when you're near your goal - just kick it up the field or even out of play.

Wonder if anything will be said about Bellamy's "Fuck off you Dutch Cunt" to Krul - apart from the inevitible ban for Collocini.

Guttierez has been dull lately, Obertan was shit as usual and the Vucic thing was stupid.

Judging by his cameo I can see why Ben Arfa isn't getting picked - good teams will know they just have to crowd him as he dwells on the ball through trying too hard.

My John Terry "would love to see the cunt crippled" award goes of course to Gerrard.

Utterly terrible. They were very, very average and we let them play their own game, plus crippled ourselves by starting Vuckic.

Was Best not fit or something? Why change a winning team by taking him out, and if we had to, why not for HBA? Vuckic wasn't even playing a position for the 60 minutes he was on!

Obertan was SO shit it was unbelievable. He can't start another game for us tbh, he's beyond awful. It's literally like 10 men. He's just a bumper: as soon as anyone passes to him, the ball bounces off him backwards to whoever made the pass. He's not interested in playing, getting the ball, attacking, anything. When he's not on the ball, he stands off and makes no move to challenge anyone at any time.

Jesus Christ, I could write a dissertation on how terrible Gabriel Obertan is.

Liv are a very average side imo and we gave them way too much respect and that has to be a question at Pards door.

Spot on there. We didnt make it anywhere near difficult enough for them.

No corners at all. Not surprising though considering fucking squidward won't even attempt to beat his man. Sameobi did more in five minutes than he dud the whole game!

I don't think Williamson did too badly (I may be wrong), Ba didn't have much service and I'm not sure if Krul could have done better, but the rest were dreadful.

What I hate most is that we made Liverpool's players look a class above ours - and they still aren't and weren't that good. We looked completely over-awed and couldn't cope with the pressure. We're better than that.

Whilst Ben Arfa did absolutely nothing, starting with Vuckic was a diabolical decision by Pardew. You don't throw a teenager into a game against Liverpool at Anfield for his second start. Now he's no doubt angered Ben Arfa (who'll feel that contributing to the team with goals etc is worthless in terms of getting him more games) and damaged Vuckic's confidence. An experiment that did not need to be made.

Ben Arfa - he dwells on the ball through trying too hard.

And why might that be?

We all know why but it has to be said he's done it when he's started games as well. If that's his base style then he needs to change it quick.

Ah well, hard luck.

Scored first, were still in it going into the second half, brought our attacking threat on then (all the basics you've got to do to get anything away at the 'top' teams)...we had a game plan and that's all I'm looking at tbh. Never a free kick for their second, we nearly equalised when it was cleared off the line and their third was lucky going through Krul's legs.

We're complete pussies at places like this (seven losses on the belt, first time we've scored since '04, never won since our first season up 17 years ago) so you've got to have a system and that's my main concern and I'm content that we did. Commentators talking the usual shit about us 'maybe should be more adventurous'/'Liverpool have only drawn most of their home games' but really all that is is code for saying they'd love another 4-3 (which they never fucking shut up about). Go fuck yourselves tbh, our job isnt to come and entertain the neutral and then roll over, we're here for what we can get.

Telling comment was in the first half from Smith commentating "Newcastle with a great work ethic thise season". Yes we have and I'm proud of it tbh but I'll tell you what it's disgusting it's so comment worthy to start with. It is comment worthy because we don't normally have that, we go to these places and others and shit ourselves and roll over.

Balls, it was ok for me, we'd have had a point another day.

Utterly terrible. They were very, very average and we let them play their own game, plus crippled ourselves by starting Vuckic.

Was Best not fit or something? Why change a winning team by taking him out, and if we had to, why not for HBA? Vuckic wasn't even playing a position for the 60 minutes he was on!

Obertan was SO shit it was unbelievable. He can't start another game for us tbh, he's beyond awful. It's literally like 10 men. He's just a bumper: as soon as anyone passes to him, the ball bounces off him backwards to whoever made the pass. He's not interested in playing, getting the ball, attacking, anything. When he's not on the ball, he stands off and makes no move to challenge anyone at any time.

Jesus Christ, I could write a dissertation on how terrible Gabriel Obertan is.

Yeah, I feel that this was the last straw. Yes he's young, he needs time bla bla bla but at the moment he simply mustn't play because he's a liability if I ever saw one.

Their central defenders played well, in fact their defense in total was very good. Johnson back in form and Enrique of course solid as a rock.

For us Obertan was back to his worst. Cabaye and Tiote also had poor games often giving the ball away with no pressure on them. Vuckic starting obviously didn't work, sadly he looks to be extremely slow to get moving. Ba's almost goal was class, as was the clearance off the line.

They clearly deserved to win, we created bugger all.

Ah well, hard luck.

Scored first, were still in it going into the second half, brought our attacking threat on then (all the basics you've got to do to get anything away at the 'top' teams)...we had a game plan and that's all I'm looking at tbh. Never a free kick for their second, we nearly equalised when it was cleared off the line and their third was lucky going through Krul's legs.

We're complete pussies at places like this (seven losses on the belt, first time we've scored since '04, never won since our first season up 17 years ago) so you've got to have a system and that's my main concern and I'm content that we did. Commentators talking the usual shit about us 'maybe should be more adventurous'/'Liverpool have only drawn most of their home games' but really all that is is code for saying they'd love another 4-3 (which they never fucking shut up about). Go fuck yourselves tbh, our job isnt to come and entertain the neutral and then roll over, we're here for what we can get.

Telling comment was in the first half from Smith commentating "Newcastle with a great work ethic thise season". Yes we have and I'm proud of it tbh but I'll tell you what it's disgusting it's so comment worthy to start with. It is comment worthy because we don't normally have that, we go to these places and others and shit ourselves and roll over.

Yep.

In addition the Sky coverage was cringeworthy as fuck from the start.

They may aswell have called it ''The Liverpool show'' rather than entertain the illusion that they were concerned with another club.

For the record I don't think Colocinni's elbow was at all deliberate as he couldn't see that Bellamy was there. Nice of sky to highlight it for the F.A though

Ah well, hard luck.

Yep.

In addition the Sky coverage was cringeworthy as fuck from the start.

They may aswell have called it ''The Liverpool show'' rather than entertain the illusion that they were concerned with another club.

For the record I don't think Colocinni's elbow was at all deliberate as he couldn't see that Bellamy was there. Nice of sky to highlight it for the F.A though

Not seen it from all angles but for me it wasn't raised in the offensive way, it was as much to do with their relative height discrepancies as anything, exacerbated by their starting positions in going for the ball. Not got a massively strong opinion on it til I've seen it more comprehensively though.

Anyone thinking this is somewhere we usually go and pick up an easy 3 points is tripping tbh. We get dicked here almost every season because we go and play naive football and then shit ourselves. Unless you're Brazil 1970 or Man C 2011 it's all about not having pissed it up the wall within 5 minutes of the first whistle and still being in it as a contest going into the 2nd half and. We did that and another day we'd have had something. That's largely how we've got our points this season away from home.