FA Cup 3rd round: Newcastle Utd - Blackburn Rovers 2-1

Aeris

Pardew hates Ben Arfa like, you can just tell.

I'm sure he doesn't. He took overran off yesterday and left hba on.

So? Obertan will still play more minutes in the next 5 games than HBA.

Both will play more than Sammy too. He doesn't hate Sammy.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt make it yesterday, family stuff going on, was round the outlaws when the winner went in, think I scared them a bit....

So me and the missus went out for a meal to celebrate and so I could explain the phrase "our names on the cup this season am tellin ye"....which led to me drinking loads of some lovely imported Peruvian beer, which led to me saying that I'd marry her if Newcastle win the cup this season :icon_lol:

After I explained we last bothered the scorers 5 months before I was born she was a bit crestfallen, but she's suddenly taking a real interest in football for a change...not sure if thats a good thing either, shes on about coming to the next round now <_<

Pardew hates Ben Arfa like, you can just tell.

I'm sure he doesn't. He took overran off yesterday and left hba on.

So? Obertan will still play more minutes in the next 5 games than HBA.

Both will play more than Sammy too. He doesn't hate Sammy.

Sammy when available is playing more than ever under Pardew. Hatem when available is playing less than ever.

Oh and just seen the goals, fuckin class both of them. Ben Arfa's last feint before the shot was unbeleiveable, so little room to work in. Can't think of many players capable of that (morning Senor Messi :D ) Jonas's was great too, cool as fuck finish. Can only imagine the pandamonium at the end, gutted to miss it.

Couldn't do more than play him for the full 90.

A 90 which exemplified the best and the worst of the bloke. It's clear what pardews concerns are from that. And its not personality, its performance.

A 90 which exemplified the best and the worst of the bloke.  It's clear what pardews concerns are from that.  And its not personality, its performance.

Well his longest run in the team was his starts against the best three teams in the league. Basically, against the teams where you can't accommodate 'luxury' attacking players. In those games he set Ba up for a chance he should have scored, hit the post, and won a penalty which earned us our only point in these games. Despite that he was dropped. His performance will never improve without a run of games, but he's too stubborn to admit that he's pissed away half of his tiny summer budget on one of the shittest players around, so persists with him instead.

A 90 which exemplified the best and the worst of the bloke.  It's clear what pardews concerns are from that.  And its not personality, its performance.

Well his longest run in the team was his starts against the best three teams in the league. Basically, against the teams where you can't accommodate 'luxury' attacking players. In those games he set Ba up for a chance he should have scored, hit the post, and won a penalty which earned us our only point in these games. Despite that he was dropped. His performance will never improve without a run of games, but he's too stubborn to admit that he's pissed away half of his tiny summer budget on one of the shittest players around, so persists with him instead.

And we got 1 point from 9 in those games.

Yet we convincingly beat man u in the week without him.

I want to see him play too. But Pardew has a dilemma over his energy level. He doesn't hate him.

And we got 1 point from 9 in those games.

Yet we convincingly beat man u in the week without him.

I want to see him play too. But Pardew has a dilemma over his energy level.  He doesn't hate him.

:lol:But didn't convincingly beat Norwich Swansea or West Brom.Simply put he needs game time and Pardew seems reluctant to even use him as a sub. I'm sure he only does it when the crowd start chanting for him, to keep us off his back. No chants for him on Wednesday, and oh look, he doesn't get on!

I'm in love with this fabulous man! <3 That goal is more than just great, it's godlike, legendary, from another world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OioYlwbOlNo&feature=player_embedded

#!

Thanks for posting.

That was insane! B) I'd love to see it in slow motion from another angle. That's up there with Maradonna's against us in 86. :omgwank: Jonas's goal was a peach too...!

I didn't see any of the match bar the 20 seconds or so highlights on itv. Anyone who was at the game have anything to report? Did HBA start out wide? How did he look? What was Abeid like? Did we look like we missed Ba?

We started with HBA in the dropped off role and had a great 10 minutes before struggling against a weakened Blackburn team.

According to reports HBA was ineffective first half ( as were others).

Just after the second half, amoebi replaced Obertan and we went two up front, best and Shola, with Hatem on the wing.

By all accounts this totally changed the game. Everyones game seemed to pick up second half and Jonas put in a great offensive shift.

Albeid was solid according to Happy.

Hope this helps by bear in mind I wasn't there :)

Couldnt make it yesterday, family stuff going on, was round the outlaws when the winner went in, think I scared them a bit....

So me and the missus went out for a meal to celebrate and so I could explain the phrase "our names on the cup this season am tellin ye"....which led to me drinking loads of some lovely imported Peruvian beer, which led to me saying that I'd marry her if Newcastle win the cup this season

After I explained we last bothered the scorers 5 months before I was born she was a bit crestfallen, but she's suddenly taking a real interest in football for a change...not sure if thats a good thing either, shes on about coming to the next round now

Better get saving :)

That was an incredible goal from HBA! Superb control and composure. Good to see he's impressing when he gets the chances, changed the Bolton game and now this. Might not be imposing himself over the 90 minutes but great to see he's proved a gamechanger already and with time the consistency will come too. Very encouraging stuff.

Class goal and celebration from Jonas too :lol:

Didnt catch the highlights last night, ended up on the lash and didnt stumble home til after 7 this morning.

That being said two things id heard all night are completely true.

1) that Ben arfa goal is technically fucking amazing, defenders just did not know how to deal with him, but to keep the composure to be so damn precise with that crowd with him is bloody impressive.

2) What a joke itv's replays are, absolutely shocking quality regardless of how impressive the goal was. 10 seconds of 1 angle then move on - honestly gutted we werent a televised game yesterday, catching that finish from a better angle would be possibly the only way it could look any better.

Here's hoping that we get a decent draw for the next round, n more bogey teams were expected to beat then make hard work of it

The thing with Ben Arfa is not just the technique he has but its the fact he can do these things at such pace, he can run at full pelt yet weight a perfect pass to a player in his stride without a seconds thought. Adn the goal speaks for itself obviously but he played well all match. Yes he lost the ball the odd time when he could have passed, but he did it near their box and did it trying to open them up.

As for the match, at 1-0 down i was very confident we'd win because i knew Kean would employ his usual moronic 2nd half tactics of 11 men behind the ball, getting further and further back with time and begging the other team to score, just took us longer than i thought!

Really liking the look of Santon as a footballer, and straight away him and Jonas seem to have a good link up, with Jonas the right foil for Santon as he is great at getting back to cover for a fullback who likes to attack alot.