FA Cup 3rd round: Newcastle Utd - Blackburn Rovers 2-1

Aeris

I really think we should make the FA Cup a priority for this season. We have no chance of finishing in the top 4 and personally it means little to me whether we finish 7th or 15th. We are not going down this season so lets concentrate on progressing in the cup and trying to win our first domestic trophy for 56 years. The prospect of spending the next 30 years finishing mid table in the premier league with no chance of winning it isn't very exciting as far as I'm concerned - We need to start taking the cups more seriously or we will never win anything. You can't beat an awayday in the cup with thousands of travelling geordies - its what following football is all about I cannot understand the logic of not starting with our strongest possible team and in my opinion anything less than the strongest team is disrespecting the Cup, the club and the fans. If we dont take the cup 100% seriously this season then we never will

Good post and I totally agree.

Fantastic getting that last second winner today, karma for their last gasp winner down there in the placca cup. ;)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent result and it sounds like we well had the beating of them. Great revenge for them putting us out of the other cup.

Really please for Ben Arfa, can't believe I have to wait until 11:30 to watch Adrian Chiles stare at his fucking knee before I can see the highlights.

Lots of credit to Pardew as well for turning it around very quickly.

Obertan definitely needs to go and find his game in the reserves and I think it's becoming clear we work better with two big lads up front at the minute.

Shola up top with Best against QPR and HBA on the wing.

Sounds like Albeid performed well.

Great stuff! Delighted for HBA of course but also Jonas because he's put in a lot of hard work for the team at the cost of looking like a crap offensive player at times.

And is it just me or are we scoring some super goals this season? Long may it continue! :nufc:

I seriously hope we get Stevenage in the next round and rip them apart.

I'd hate to get Stevenage. They looked very organized when dumping Reading out of the cup today.

Their fans also have the worst chant in the football league.

Fucking hell. :lol:

Lowes said he beat three or four men and then put it into the roof of the net.

Don't miss the highlights show - it was an amazing goal !!

Really influenced the game when he was switched to the right.

Santon had a great game as well - he's starting to link up well with Jonas.