Why Aren't You All Talking About Morrison?

Tottenham Dave

Souness signed Parker because, despite not giving him a game, Jose Mourinho said he was mint. At the time, Mourinho saying that was like John Candy with his Casio at the hotel desk in Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Wasn't it Souness who bought the wrong player for Southampton over the phone to the lads 'agent'.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness signed Parker because, despite not giving him a game, Jose Mourinho said he was mint. At the time, Mourinho saying that was like John Candy with his Casio at the hotel desk in Planes, Trains & Automobiles. And they have this cretin in the studio as an expert.

Mourinho also said Solomon Kalou would be one of the best five players in the world.

his goals to minutes ratio must be fair up there tbf ;)

Souness signed Parker because, despite not giving him a game, Jose Mourinho said he was mint. At the time, Mourinho saying that was like John Candy with his Casio at the hotel desk in Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Wasn't it Souness who bought the wrong player for Southampton over the phone to the lads 'agent'.

Not sure? Possibly. I remember him signing a player who was supposedly George Weah's cousin and a proper cush player. He brought him on as sub and then went on to sub him later in the game, after it became apparent that he wasn't even a professional footballer.

Not sure? Possibly. I remember him signing a player who was supposedly George Weah's cousin and a proper cush player. He brought him on as sub and then went on to sub him later in the game, after it became apparent that he wasn't even a professional footballer.

:lol: Aye I think that's him, class.

Guy's name is Ali Dia. From Wiki:

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain, and had played 13 times for his country. None of this was actually true, and the phone call was made by a fellow university student of Dia's to Souness, suggesting that he should give Dia a chance with Southampton.[2] Souness was convinced

Fucking hilarious.

Why would we be gutted he's leaving Manchester exactly?

This new lad calling out Fish for his avatar btw, cheeky Yid

I wasn't calling him out, it just freaks me out!

On the 'United' thing, that would wind me up too. Luckily there's only one Hotspur

Your avatar pic freaks me out, looks like the guys face is melting off!

Anyways, Morrison is another Ranger who is on the road to becoming a jail bird. I think if he came to Newcastle it would not help him any further given the party culture of the city. He would probably end up in jail. Might do a Joey Barton and end up becoming civilised. Would love to see Morrison, Ben Arfa and Ranger on the same training pitch... Fuck it we sign Carroll we could maybe make money from training ground fight nights!

Gypsy Carroll vrs Nile Gangsta Ranger

Fiesty Benny vrs Radge Ravel

I quite like the idea of this tbh. I don't see it as a risk if we can get him for <£1mill, sure theres every chance he'll just be another 'could've been', but the reward if he comes good far outweighs the risk of him being another Ranger. I enjoy having a few exciting youth players to keep an eye on too.

From my extensive youtube scouting, a tweet from Rio and reading that guardian article with a mushroom, bacon, sausage and egg sandwich, he seems to have some natural talent and they would prefer it if he stayed but his agents pushing for too much cash. They also want a big sell on % clause apparently too so they obviously think he's got a shot.

edit: independant http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-go-back-in-for-morrison-6289065.html

Edited by jonasjuice

Sort of puts into context the notion that Ferguson would've 'saved' Gazza imo. 20-odd years later and a more mature / mellow Ferguson still just bins the trouble makers. Not saying that he's wrong to do so like.

Guy's name is Ali Dia. From Wiki:

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain, and had played 13 times for his country. None of this was actually true, and the phone call was made by a fellow university student of Dia's to Souness, suggesting that he should give Dia a chance with Southampton.[2] Souness was convinced

Fucking hilarious.

Better signing than Boumsong tbh

Anyway, where's my League predictions TD?

As the World's most superstitious football fan, I will have to politely decline I'm afraid.

If I say third, which would be an amazing achievement I think, it would inevitably kick-start a second half of the season Spurs collapse reminiscent of the 90s England Cricket team.

As the World's most superstitious football fan, I will have to politely decline I'm afraid.

If I say third, which would be an amazing achievement I think, it would inevitably kick-start a second half of the season Spurs collapse reminiscent of the 90s England Cricket team.

That said I think it's City's title to lose, they are far and away the best side in the league I think.

That said I think it's City's title to lose, they are far and away the best side in the league I think.

I'd be amazed if Spurs achieved 3rd spot. I don't think they have the strength in depth to mount a serious challenge.

I think Spurs are the 2nd best side in the country (after City). That said, I've got a nasty feeling Man Utd will win the title (just because Ferguson is so adept at his job).

Edited by alex