Fabio Capello has resigned

Ayatollah Hermione

No chance of mourhino not enough soon enough honours wise to interest him (plus h'd need to be paid mega bucks if he left real.m)

Capello gets a similar amount to him anyway so that wouldn't be an issue

The special one wants a break from club football (a sabatical if you like :lol:). He's unhappy at Madrid and that is basically the biggest club in the world. Two tournaments with Eng and then a top Eng job.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all conjecture. No coach worth anything would touch ingerland with a shitty stick... apart from ones interested in swelling their bank balance....

Think it's still a special job in world football.

might be amusing to see all the West Ham supporters in Fleet Street who have been urging Harry for the job when things don't go any better than for anyone else.

FWIW, Capello had a fantastic record as a manager, and they all to a man backslapped him and said he was the dogs bollocks.

Just goes to show how things can change. At the end of the day, the England players aren't good enough, and there is fuck all you can do about it when your hands are tied, you can only do so much.

Edited by LeazesMag

all conjecture. No coach worth anything would touch ingerland with a shitty stick... apart from ones interested in swelling their bank balance....

it is, Parky, it is. A poisoned chalice, on a hiding to nothing, but a special job all the same.

might be amusing to see all the West Ham supporters in Fleet Street who have been urging Harry for the job when things don't go any better than for anyone else.

FWIW, Capello had a fantastic record as a manager, and they all to a man backslapped him and said he was the dogs bollocks.

Just goes to show how things can change. At the end of the day, the England players aren't good enough, and there is fuck all you can do about it when your hands are tied, you can only do so much.

Youre not wrong

the attitude of players, media and the public towards the National side are absolutely shit

no manager has much of a chance without choosing to absolutely forsake media favour from the outset which just wont happen nowadays

I don't buy that they aren't good enough

I think their attitude stinks but really quite a lot are important players in sides that usually do pretty well in the champions league (though granted not this year)

Englands status and ability as a world nation is somewhere between about 6th and 10th, so their usual position is about right. We know last tournament was poor, and this time it could and should go better, but there are many things wrong with English football and we are unlikely to move forward much from this position in the world rankings.

I posted a while ago the difference between English footballing culture and the rest of Europe and basically why we fail but I really can't be arsed to find it.

Englands status and ability as a world nation is somewhere between about 6th and 10th, so their usual position is about right. We know last tournament was poor, and this time it could and should go better, but there are many things wrong with English football and we are unlikely to move forward much from this position in the world rankings.

Aye, there needs to be root and branch changes from the way 6yr olds are coached to the upper echelons of the FA hierarchy.

I reckon had we competed in the first three world cups instead of being utter fannies and leaving FIFA over pay disputes to amateur players we may have had more than one win. However apart from that I think over the past 40 odd years or so there's been a multitude of reasons why England haven't done so well.

Pre-Premier league money teams other than England seemed to have more talent and better ideas & the football culture is different and always has been, I don't think as a nation - we are open to different ideas at all - you've probably even seen England just booting it up these past couple of days so it's technique & tactics but a lot of it is football education & general lifestyle.

You wouldn't catch an Italian player going on the lash or eating badly because everything is about the game to the extent of taking performance enhancing drugs.

After getting knocked out of 66 by one of the Koreas - I forget which - the Italians banned foreign players from Serie a - despite having only a few - the foreigners were allowed to return in 1980 but the Italians won the World Cup in '82. That 14 year break from foreigners clearly had an effect and if you look at all the major leagues in Europe you'll clearly see more foreigners in England & more English youth starved of opportunity. Despite being corrupt as fuck & probably having worse teams at times - they seem to have a knack we don't.

I doubt you would catch many Dutch purveyors of kick & rush because they have been ingrained in Total Football for so long - like the majority of the current great Barcelona team is made of Spaniards the greatest Dutch Club sides (arguably Ajax 70's/95) was made up of great Dutch players - 95 beat a great Milan side made up of mainly Italian's so the loyalty to home grown talent has long since been there all across europe. English players aren't going to get the chance to be great when the transfer market offers many ready made & probably cheaper, less twattish players.

Spain's new game has been a long time coming but again it's down to ideas and not fluke. In England players don't get pulled out of school, in Spain the School and the training ground are the same place - some clubs & the Spanish F.A literally run schools - which again concerns the Dutch & Cruyff's influence at Barcelona, playing tiki-taka/total football from a young age & playing nine a side rather than eleven a side up to a certain age - which is something Gareth Southgate is talking about introducing in England just now!

The Germans took note when they went through bad times & now the talent is coming through & if it's not all coming through - like the French - they merely adopt. Their football league is totally class & the best teams are made up of Germans, the tickets are cheap , they have safe standing & you can drink on the terrace - this filters into a belief & synergy most England fans would die for.

These countries seem to have more belief and drive, you look at a player - any German player or Spanish, Italian whatever & they look like they would do anything to succeed for their national team, you just don't get that impression with England.

From Wayne Rooney criticising the fans in front of the camera to Ashley Cole calling them all cunts to his mates it seems as if our players find comfort outside of it. Possibly in money or being pampered by their clubs but there's a certain drive missing.

As soon as a decent player comes along they're talked about and paid like they've already done it all & they almost become infallible - then the press smash the sandcastle they built by snooping around for imperfections to create an enemy, they villanise the team for failure & invade the personal lives of players who they secretly knew weren't good enough in the first place.

It doesn't matter who they are - the sainthood is built up swiftly & removed equally as swiftly as the entire country and it's press find someone to blame.

Half the time it's no wonder they players don't give a fuck, unless they achieve the almost impossible, they will be the enemy to the press post tournament and by that same token they'll be heroes for the clubs that pay them more than handsomely & after doing it in the domestic competitions the good press returns and it's like the England nightmare never happened till they can get caught in the dream of the next tournament the next time qualifiers pop up.

It's understandable why we are shite but out problem is that so many things make us shite & will continue to make us shite until there's a wholesale change in our games culture.

Additional to this - who actually likes the England team?

That's the one. We are winning fuck all, they are tossers, other teams are better etc etc.

We aren't good enough & won't be till there are changes, everything else inbetween is a circus.

Personally I don't think there's been enough effort put in to bringing through the youngsters, it's been clear since his loan spell at Bolton that Sturridge was capable of going to the top yet Capello would happily stick Gerrard up there if he had too.

Too much of an old boys club atmosphere going on.

i dont buy its down to a lack of quality, its the attitude, the players don't give a rats ass

pick an england side full of youngsters, players still hungry and see what happens, pick a talisman and build the side round him, then keep that team for 4 years and see how it goes

it worked for england at the 2003 world cup, those same players reached the final in 2007 (fuck knows how mind)

I couldn't care less about England. After years of disappointment, couldn't-give-a-toss players, pointless friendlies, media hype etc, I'm over it. I just hope that Pardoo isn't caught up in the fall out iin some way, with the musical chairs that will inevitably go on.

I never thought I'd care about whether Pardoo left or not......

Mourinho won't be interested at all, working in an abattoir is a more appealing job than being manager of England. He will however have one eye on the Tottenham job when Harry becomes England manager. Though a fatter salary and an open chequebook may turn his attention the other way to Citeh if Roberto Mancini fails to deliver the Premiership this season.

i dont buy its down to a lack of quality, its the attitude, the players don't give a rats ass

pick an england side full of youngsters, players still hungry and see what happens, pick a talisman and build the side round him, then keep that team for 4 years and see how it goes

This along with alot of Tom's post is the crux of it tbh. The 'old guard' Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard etc need dropping their international careers are over they've had plenty of chances in tournaments and they're not suddenly going to win it now in their 30's (I know Italy 2006 but them players still give a fuck whereas this group stopped caring at 26). It's been a big difference between us and sides like Germany (I know they have better players) who when they started to slump they dropped their older lot and went straight to the youngsters allowing them to come through together which is what we should have done straight after the 2010 debacle, instead Capello played the youngsters in friendlies we've played better football but as soon as the important games come round it's back to the old shite and we're back to struggling for goals against USA and Algeria.

Cahill, Richards, Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Wilshere, Welbeck, Sturridge etc should all be more involved than they are currently (as well as players like Adam Johnson even though he can't get many games for Man City) in the same vein that Gotze, Muller, Kroos etc were blooded in quickly. These players will actually try for England (as shown against Spain).

I think the point made earlier about Capello looking for a way out was a good one because speaking out in the way he did hasn't been his style over this tenure (or his previous ones) and it seems a bit odd he'd come out like he did when Terry quite obviously made the comments he stands accused of.

Load of waffle really but Capello is a good manager but it didn't suit him or England, maybe cliche but we need an English manager either Redknapp or even Pearce would be my choices (I think Pearce would pick youth and he is very passionate about the national side) obviously the Team GB Olympic team is a slight problem for Pearce.

to some, yes. but a pragmatic capello and a more interested in shagging tv presenters and tranny's (sven) have set us back a few years.

Is it the year of an international tournament? Affirmative.

Something or someone to do with the England setup f*cks up? Affirmative.

Same old story... Hell of a day for Harry though. Starts it with a good possibility that he might end up in prison and ends it with a good possibility that he'll become England manager.

Mourinho on his way to Spuds - guaranteed.