Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Christmas Tree

Nice to get the week under way and start to look forward to a home game again.

Hopefully Tiote and Cabaye straight back in and I would guess Pardew will go with Ryan Taylor on the wing so we should be starting as follows.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Rtaylor Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba Cisse

(Not too shabby

:)

According to the bookies, Lee Clarke could be managing Wolves by then as well.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cabaye will start, served his ban, should be nice and fresh

never thought Id say it but I would like to see Raylor on the right of midfield, can play a good cross and he and simpson will attack and defend together like we see from santon and jonas supporting each other (when we're not under the cosh)

Guest CabayeAye

I think Pardew will start Guthrie in the middle with Tiote.

I hope not! I think we'll see the enigma that is Obertan watching the match on the pitch.

Guest CabayeAye

Id like to see him stick with Jonas on the right and Ferguson on the left but that would mean snubbing Rtaylor, Obertan and Ben-Arfa so I cant see it.

I think Fergy is shit.

Why would he do that? Cabaye hasn't been injured, he's trained for nearly a month now without kicking a ball competitively. He'll be raring to go

I don't think there's been much between them this season and I think Pardew will keep Guthrie as a reward for his good form.

Guest CabayeAye

Why would he do that? Cabaye hasn't been injured, he's trained for nearly a month now without kicking a ball competitively. He'll be raring to go

I don't think there's been much between them this season and I think Pardew will keep Guthrie as a reward for his good form.

Sorry mate, but I must say that Cabaye is a much better player. I agree that Guthrie has done well, but Cabaye really is key to our team. Without him, Ba and Cisse got totally starved at spuds.

Id like to see him stick with Jonas on the right and Ferguson on the left but that would mean snubbing Rtaylor, Obertan and Ben-Arfa so I cant see it.

You'd seriously prefer Ferguson over Ben Arfa and Raylor? (agree with him over Onlyran though)

Sorry mate, but I must say that Cabaye is a much better player. I agree that Guthrie has done well, but Cabaye really is key to our team. Without him, Ba and Cisse got totally starved at spuds.

I don't think he is on this seasons form, lets not forget Cabaye played in both of the Fulham and Brighton no shows where he was outperformed by Guthrie on both occasions, he also dominated the QPR midfield when Cabaye went off injured in the game before.

Tiote is the key player we're missing, not Cabaye.

You'd seriously prefer Ferguson over Ben Arfa and Raylor? (agree with him over Onlyran though)

I think its pretty well publicised Id like to see him given a full game on the left wing. Some people also want to see Jonas given a go on the right. Both would offer good defensive cover as well. Not going to happen though so mute point.

I think its pretty well publicised Id like to see him given a full game on the left wing. Some people also want to see Jonas given a go on the right. Both would offer good defensive cover as well. Not going to happen though so mute point.

Is Rtaylor fit?

Moot btw

Is Rtaylor fit?

Moot btw

Im sure on twitter he has said hes fit if picked.

Guest CabayeAye

I don't think he is on this seasons form, lets not forget Cabaye played in both of the Fulham and Brighton no shows where he was outperformed by Guthrie on both occasions, he also dominated the QPR midfield when Cabaye went off injured in the game before.

Without Tiote, Cabaye had to do much more defending, limiting his ability to get forward and play penetrating balls. With Tiote, it allows him to play in the attacking role and support the strikers. Cabaye and Tiote is much better than Guthrie and Tiote or Guthrie and Cabaye due to the way they compliment each other.

completely agree. i don't think there's much between cabaye and guthrie on this season's form. cabaye has impressed after taking a month or so to settle in and guthrie has excelled in centre mid. i didn't think he had it in him to perform at the level he has in the premiership.

perch, for all his good effort, isn't in the same league as tiote. tiote plus one of cabaye and guthrie is a sound central midfield platform.

i do think cabaye will start though it'll be harsh on guthrie, whose done nowt wrong at all this season.