Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Christmas Tree

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people are cautious about being optimistic (and ill be the first person to quote this post as moronic if the alternative happens...), but I reckon we should expect to steamroll Wolves like. Heavy defeats in recent weeks coupled with the return of key players should galvanise the squad to want to undo some of the damage at Fulham and spurs. Understood about new manager syndrome, but nee one wants the job! Surely that must be quite demoralising for a squad which in the past few games have played like they want to get the game over with? There for the taking. 3-0 at least.

Baffling decision to give the assistant manager the job. They'd have been better off keeping McCarthy to the end of the season imo. Hopefully this'll be a kick in the guts for the wolves players.

After a 5 nowt drubbing I'd ring the changes wherever possible.

Perch and Guthrie out, Cabaye and Tiote in is about as straightforward a change as it's possible to make.

Yet Cabaye's last 2 games before he was banned for kicking an opponent in the face were a 5-2 battering by Fulham and an awful 1-0 defeat against Brighton, in both games Guthrie had a better game than him in my opinion.

Guthrie did, however you are conveniently ignoring the fact when they have both played together Cabaye has been the one having to sacrifice his natural game and has been sat back a lot more.

We've taken 24 from a possible 36 points at home this season (lost twice).

Still got a bad feeling that Wolves might shut up shop and score on the counter. Fletcher missed training through a virus mind and he's a good player for them. Let's hope he doesn't play...

I hate it when we play Wolves. :lol:

More stats!

-Newcastle are chasing a third successive win against Wolves. They are unbeaten in their five previous Premier League matches against the Molineux outfit (W2, D3).

-The last time Wolves won a top-flight match away to Newcastle was on 7 February 1959 - the day former manager Mick McCarthy was born.

Newcastle

-The Magpies have won all four of their league and cup home games in 2012.

-Newcastle's 5-0 defeat at Tottenham was their heaviest Premier League loss since a 6-0 reverse at Manchester United in January 2008.

-Alan Pardew's men have yet to come from behind to win a Premier League game this season - Manchester United are the only other side with that record.

Wolves

-Wolves kept two clean sheets in their opening three league games, but have not recorded a shut-out in their subsequent 22 matches.

-They have won one of their last 11 top-flight games.

-The Molineux side have recouped 13 points from losing positions this season, the best record in the division.