Demba Ba

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me. How did this lad ever get16 goals and become the hottest property in the premiership when playing for a tactically inept manager who plays hoofball?

It helps that Cisse is 7ft 9 and able to get on the end of this hoofball football.

It's a shame Cisse is getting amongst the goals at the expense of Ba. He hasn't looked the same since he dropped deep and I actually think he's a better point man. 7 games without a goal now

It amazes me how Cisse has managed 4 goals and Ben Arfa 2 while Ba has been struggling with the hoof ball.

He's just hit a lean patch, the penalty miss wouldn't have done his confidence much good either but his contribution to the team is still pretty good.

I couldn't care less who gets the goals as long as someone gets them, tbh.

It amazes me how Cisse has managed 4 goals and Ben Arfa 2 while Ba has been struggling with the hoof ball.

He's just hit a lean patch, the penalty miss wouldn't have done his confidence much good either but his contribution to the team is still pretty good.

Both spot on.

I just said that. He says he prefers it but he's far more dangerous playing on the back line. He spent most of today on the left wing

I think a few people said he played there quite a bit for Hoffenhaim. Not that I don't think he's better deployed more centrally.

Thing is opposition know what a goal threat he is. That means he will pull defenders away and open things up for HBA and Cisse. Or visa versa. It's a while since we had 3 such accomplished forwards. I have no concern at all about Ba's goals. He played well today without scoring and contributed to the solid win.

Thing is opposition know what a goal threat he is. That means he will pull defenders away and open things up for HBA and Cisse. Or visa versa. It's a while since we had 3 such accomplished forwards. I have no concern at all about Ba's goals. He played well today without scoring and contributed to the solid win.

Agreed.

Also everyone has a dip in form every now and again. Happens to even the very best players, and in terms of goals alone, it is happening to Ba. But then his play otherwise has still been top draw. If we can find a way to get Ba and Cisse firing at the same time then we are really onto something. Add Ben Arfa into that mix and we do really have 3 great forwards, as everyone is pointing out.

As long as one of them is scoring it doesn't matter. We're are currently experiencing the benefit of having more than one quality striker.

This is key. When was the last time we had three players seeming capable of scoring so regularly. You could possibly say Caroll and Nolan were a dual threat but you certainly have to go back to Sir Bobby's reign to have three.

He had a great shot vs Norwich too, the keeper pulled off an incredible save to deny him. OOOOHHHH. We have seen that Demba is capable of a period without goals, such as was the case during Ramadam.

Aye but he was shite for us during Ramadam.

He may not be scoring but he's contributing positively to our overall play. He's a great player and we'd sorely miss him if this contract business isn't sorted out and he ends up leaving (although I personally think he's going nowhere).

Sold or not, we'll sorely miss both Dembas in January/February 2013.

Hope we can get Ameobi/Best/Lovenkrands/Ranger off the books and bring in another good striker as competition.

To be fair, Shola has been a tidy sub in recent games. i wouldn't get rid if we continue utilising him in that role. Never would start him though....