NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

We have the perfect balance with 3 different types of midfielder in there at the minute.

Tiote the breaker

Jonas the carrier

Cabaye the passer

That's the simplistic version of it anyway.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the perfect balance with 3 different types of midfielder in there at the minute.

Tiote the breaker

Jonas the carrier

Cabaye the passer

Exactly and, as tpack said, ba, cisse and tiote will be going to the acn so after cb and lb some squad additions for their places would be next

Tiote the breaker

Jonas the carrier

Cabaye the passer

Not thought about it that way but that's a good way of looking at it.

Unfortunately you've missed the point and turned it into a Jonas love in.

If we want to progress, which I assume we all do, then there needs to be an order in which we upgrade the players from 1 to 11. I appreciate we all may not agree but at least Toonpack is honest enough to say that Jonas rates higher up his list than Tiote.

I would guess however that on most peoples list Jonas is third.

Much easier for people simply to say who there top three is too replace from the team above.

If you agree with toonpack fine, if you think Ben Arfa should be third then say it :lol:

I think, in a 433, Ba should be tbh

He's a striker who can play out there not a left forward or left winger.

While he'll do a job for the team out there he clearly doesn't enjoy it.

I also don't agree that we need to be thinking "upgrade the starting 11 one by one" with our squad and Europe on the horizon we need to build in some depth. Centre back and left back NEED starting 11 upgrades to bring them on level with the rest of the team.

The rest to me are optional as it stands but we need more depth across the front 3 for sure.

I also don't agree that we need to be thinking "upgrade the starting 11 one by one" with our squad and Europe on the horizon we need to build in some depth. Centre back and left back NEED starting 11 upgrades to bring them on level with the rest of the team.

The rest to me are optional as it stands but we need more depth across the front 3 for sure.

Thats why I put it like that so that people would force themselves to look at it in the cold hard light of day rather than the ambiguous squad depth stuff that we all agree on 100%.

If STaylor could stay fit for a full season then I think we just need cover at CB rather than a starting XI quality as you put it. A young CB to challenge Colo and Taylor would suffice. Agree on the LB though.

Edited by TicTacWoe

If STaylor could stay fit for a full season then I think we just need cover at CB rather than a starting XI quality as you put it. A young CB to challenge Colo and Taylor would suffice. Agree on the LB though.

Youre right about Saylor but at the same time, we all know thats just not going to happen, he wont stay fit, its certainly not something we can hedge bets on

Unfortunately you've missed the point and turned it into a Jonas love in.

If we want to progress, which I assume we all do, then there needs to be an order in which we upgrade the players from 1 to 11. I appreciate we all may not agree but at least Toonpack is honest enough to say that Jonas rates higher up his list than Tiote.

I would guess however that on most peoples list Jonas is third.

Much easier for people simply to say who there top three is too replace from the team above.

If you agree with toonpack fine, if you think Ben Arfa should be third then say it :lol:

Total misrepresentation of what I said. Thick as mince at times CT, truly you are.

You patently live in Championship Manager land where you just improve players at a whim, hey because it's easy, the computer says so.

Have you ever considered that what Jonas brings to the team is a huge part of what allows Ba/Cisse/HBA/Cabaye to "prosper" ?? (via his carrier role - well put Barney btw)

The conversation is about what our summer transfer activity should be, bearing in mind we are NOT in CM land and our targets/needs have to be realistic. Replacing Jonas is NOT a need, trying to find the next Jonas to develop would be nice but the NEED for a straight replacement is waaaay down the needs list . A new CB and FB will improve the team, we also NEED to replace Tiote/Ba/Cisse for two months in the middle of the season.

If you think we should spend money this summer replacing Jonas, you are beyond a fool.

Youre right about Saylor but at the same time, we all know thats just not going to happen, he wont stay fit, its certainly not something we can hedge bets on

Think there has to be a big doubt about Taylor irrespective of his injury track record.

Read a piece a little while ago by one of the top surgeons who deals with NFL players ruptured achilles', he said it's an 11 month recovery time and 80% of the players never get back to their pre-injury level of performance/athleticism. Appreciate it's a totally different sport but it's a very bad injury either way.

Total misrepresentation of what I said. Thick as mince at times CT, truly you are.

You patently live in Championship Manager land where you just improve players at a whim, hey because it's easy, the computer says so.

Have you ever considered that what Jonas brings to the team is a huge part of what allows Ba/Cisse/HBA/Cabaye to "prosper" ?? (via his carrier role - well put Barney btw)

The conversation is about what our summer transfer activity should be, bearing in mind we are NOT in CM land and our targets/needs have to be realistic. Replacing Jonas is NOT a need, trying to find the next Jonas to develop would be nice but the NEED for a straight replacement is waaaay down the needs list . A new CB and FB will improve the team, we also NEED to replace Tiote/Ba/Cisse for two months in the middle of the season.

If you think we should spend money this summer replacing Jonas, you are beyond a fool.

:lol: No need to be such a little girl. And lets face it, my opinion on Jonas, even though you dont agree with it, is the opposite of a whim!

Its okay for you to say there's two that need upgrading but I cant say theres 3. Is this the Soviet Union. :lol:

You have said Jonas would be your first name on the sheet and that you rate him higher than Tiote. Thats fine.

The bottom line is that we can all agree about making the squad bigger etc etc.

Im simply saying if you look at it from a different angle and say whose your best to whose your worst.

If thats too complicated for you then fair enough.

:lol: No need to be such a little girl. And lets face it, my opinion on Jonas, even though you dont agree with it, is the opposite of a whim!

Its okay for you to say there's two that need upgrading but I cant say theres 3. Is this the Soviet Union. :lol:

You have said Jonas would be your first name on the sheet and that you rate him higher than Tiote. Thats fine.

The bottom line is that we can all agree about making the squad bigger etc etc.

Im simply saying if you look at it from a different angle and say whose your best to whose your worst.

If thats too complicated for you then fair enough.

Context and comprehension dimwit. It's about what a player means as part of the team, in the position they play. You can't just rank a team 1 to 11 in degrees of goodness/shitness, comparison can only be per position.

I really struggle to think of a realistic target player who would be better than Jonas at what Jonas does for the team. Can you ??

If you maintain your wish to replace Jonas, go ahead, but I reckon you'll be disgusted with the next transfer window if that is one of your measures.

Edited by Toonpack

But this is about next season ;)

YAY!! lets replace a player at the top of his game becasue he might not be as good next season. Should be shipping the whole fucking lot out by that logic.

If a players form/performance drops, absolutely look to refresh it but not until it happens or there are signs/factors leading to suppose it will (age being one example).

Edited by Toonpack

Id imagine looking at the squad, we'd have limited resources to invest and so priority is given. Full back and Center half would be top of mine. After that a new forward. Midfield I think is fine as is and would be something to look at later.

As for Jonas, I rate him. I think he is fitting in well with the current formation.

Statistically speaking CT, the probability of you being correct is close to 0% when i dont agree with you. Jonas has had a very good season.

Then answer the question who you think the worst three players are from that line up.

I think you will have to concede that rating some players better than others is opinion and not fact.

With the money we're likely to spend I'd be happy if we kept the current team together, added a full back and a promising young centre back. A new striker to fill in for the Dembas too. I have a feeling at least one key player will leave this summer so obviously a replacement there as well if that happens. Jonas is the least of our concerns. He's playing well, seems happy to be here etc

Edited by TicTacWoe

Then answer the question who you think the worst three players are from that line up.

I think you will have to concede that rating some players better than others is opinion and not fact.

Worst three players at what ???

Cabaye is a worse goalkeeper than Timmy (as are the other outfield players)

Cisse is likely a crap centre half

Collo sadly would be a shit striker

So Cabaye is shitter than Krul, Cisse is shitter than Collo who in turn is shitter than Cisse.

If you insist on playing CM, I'd ship them all out and have Barcelona's first team (probs retain Collo and Cisse).

YAY!! lets replace a player at the top of his game becasue he might not be as good next season. Should be shipping the whole fucking lot out by that logic.

If a players form/performance drops, absolutely look to refresh it but not until it happens or there are signs/factors leading to suppose it will (age being one example).

What a load of bollocks :lol:

You should be looking to improve the team whenever you can not once its too late.

You are doing exactly the same with Simpson and Williamson. Simpson has had an excellent season, probably the best of his career, secured us match winning points but I would like an even better player in next season. And you agree.

I have simply rolled that same scenario out to Jonas.

Worst three players at what ???

:lol: You know, the thing you have happily managed to do with Williamson and Simpson.

If you could improve three players in the team next year, who would you replace?

Thick as mince you say? :lol: