NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I think alot will depend on what is available, Hoilett would do very well in our 4231 formation. Would be an amazing signing for nothing. At the end of the day we arent 100% desperate in any position. This is the first transfer window in ever, where I am actually quite confident we will have a good window. If the next wonderdeal ala Cisse or Cabaye comes along we will take it, if it doesnt I dont think we will panic-buy just to fill positions with John O'Shea and Shaun Wright Phillips.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Douglas and Pieters, whilst retaining the rest of our midfield / forward line, would be spot on.

If Guthrie leaves, as looks likely, we could do with a replacement for him.

We could also do with a decent stand in strike-force for January...

All the rumours about that FC Twente player Douglas seem to indicate he can't join until August because he's waiting to become eligible for Dutch citizenship but according to this:

http://www.twentefm....o-teixeira.html

Douglas Franco Teixeira is now officially a Dutchman. The FC footballer takes Wednesday proof of nationality in reception at a naturalization ceremony at the town of Enschede. He gets this from the Mayor Peter the Elders. The Brazilian born soccer already five years in the Netherlands. Recently he passed his naturalization, a process which lasted eighteen months.Douglas decided to naturalise because his girlfriend and daughter have Dutch nationality.

From back in November.

Edited by Howay

im on thin ice here, dont take my word for it. But i seem to remember having read it somewhere, he needs to at least start the season in holland as it will count as "another season". So I can see a late august or 1.september arrival being on the cards.

Alan Pardew jets to Holland on scouting mission

ALAN PARDEW shrugged off Newcastle United's defensive woes against Wigan - and jetted straight to Holland yesterday on a Euro scouting mission.

Pardew is understood to have been checking out two of his long-term targets as his rebuilding work on Tyneside looks set to continue in the months ahead.

Reports in the Netherlands today indicated that Pardew attended FC Twente’s 2-1 home defeat against champions-elect Ajax at De

Grolsch Veste. Steve McClaren’s side featured Toon target Douglas but the Brazilian-born defender could not stop Ajax taking victory as Jan Vertonghen skippered the Amsterdammers to victory and put them on the brink of the Dutch title.

Two weeks ago Pardew watched Vertonghen in Ajax colours in their 3-1 win over De Graafschap with the Belgian strongly linked with a move away from the Eredivisie this summer.

However, he was able to kill two birds with one stone yesterday with Douglas also a long-term target. Vertonghen has tried to play down talk of transfers and said recently: “Everyone has already made their peace with the fact I have gone, but I have not gone yet.

“I have a year left on my contract and I have not decided anything. I am still at Ajax.”

Douglas, though, has told McClaren his future lies elsewhere and the player is keen on a move to the Premier League.

Also on show for Twente was Luuk De Jong, the striker who United have already ran the rule over on several occasions.

However, with defensive signings seemingly the priority at Newcastle next summer it would seem Pardew is determined to make sure he gets his homework exactly right before taking the plunge on spending a lot of money on a big-name defender.

Papers linking us with a move for Raul. Thats right 34 year old Raul ffs. :lol: Fucking journalists.

Fucking hell :lol: why not go the whole hog and say we are looking to take Owen back!

Well I was really on about the tick boxes we are meant to have. Young? Good value? Able to sell on? I suspect the journo pulled the name from a hat!

Agree but are we ONLY signing those players? Like I said in another thread, Demba Ba with his clause was not excactly a golden calf was he.

When we signed him we knew we would get 3.5 out of his 7 million release clause at best, and he is also coming into a age where his value starts dropping.

I think we have a blueprint, but we wont snub good players on a free/cheap even if we cant make 50 million on`em.