NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Chich, Chick, Chick, Chicken......... ;)

This is what we were talking about

http://www.toontasti...ost__p__1074052

If you just jumped in without checking then fair enough, apology accepted.

The point is, your question is based on a premise that I don't subscribe to.

You're saying we need to replace people from our 1st 11. I'm saying that this isn't what we need to do.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT, Jonas is not a player that needs replacing. The manager rates him too, his performances the past couple of seasons have rightly resulted in him being made our vice captain.

I'd say his position at the club is more secure than the first team regulars such as Simpson, Williamson, Santon, R Taylor, S Taylor, Gosling, Guthrie, Obertan to name just a few.

I'd say he's part of our senior group of players. He is rightly viewed by the manager - and the supporters - in the same light as the likes of Cabaye, Tiote, Colo, Cisse et al

Still not really clear what CT is banging on about here, he's had a good season Jonas, done an amazing amount of work to the extent its starting to go unremarked that he works his knackers off.

CT, Jonas is not a player that needs replacing. The manager rates him too, his performances the past couple of seasons have rightly resulted in him being made our vice captain.

I'd say his position at the club is more secure than the first team regulars such as Simpson, Williamson, Santon, R Taylor, S Taylor, Gosling, Guthrie, Obertan to name just a few.

I'd say he's part of our senior group of players. He is rightly viewed by the manager - and the supporters - in the same light as the likes of Cabaye, Tiote, Colo, Cisse et al

He's vice-captain ffs :lol:

But, because he hasn't got goals and assists, he's shit. :rolleyes: Never mind that when he was playing on the wing we were winning free kicks, throw-ins, corners, we were pushing high up the pitch, we were winning possession, we were a constant threat down their right, despite ALL this, CT wants rid. It's as bad as Gemmil's Laurent Robert vendetta.

First we need a full back and a quality centre back.

Probably will go down like a shit sandwich but I would go all out for Clyne, I admit this is based on the handful of times I have seen him and the comments from a Palace fan at work but he just looks class. Can see him ending up at Man U mind.

Say we get Douglas in too then Amalfitano or Butterfield in midfield then I would go for a quality young forward with potential like Zaha. Complete kneejerk but if not Zaha I would be tempted on a punt for Moses.

That said I don't think we will spend that much (probably looking at £20m), they are the sort of signings I think we should be looking to make though (a couple of quality defenders then good young players who will push the first teamers).

I dont think we're going to delve into the likes of Zaha tbh, hes been watched a lot this season and that kind of player from the CCC tends to cost a premium especially since hes gone for english nationalit

Moses could be coming good and his temperament looks to be improving, especially his composure. I just dont see us in for that sort of player. His value will be much higher now he is performing a bit more consistently but he isnt a 'value' signing.

The point is, your question is based on a premise that I don't subscribe to.

You're saying we need to replace people from our 1st 11. I'm saying that this isn't what we need to do.

But that was the theoretical proposition I posed. Had you not wanted to take part you should not have jumped in. A lesson learnt perhaps. :lol:

Still not really clear what CT is banging on about here, he's had a good season Jonas, done an amazing amount of work to the extent its starting to go unremarked that he works his knackers off.

Its pretty damn simple. :lol:

If you could replace three of the current first team who would they be?

Most people rightly go for Simpson and Williamson. I was interested who peoples third choice would be.

He's vice-captain ffs :lol:

But, because he hasn't got goals and assists, he's shit. :rolleyes: Never mind that when he was playing on the wing we were winning free kicks, throw-ins, corners, we were pushing high up the pitch, we were winning possession, we were a constant threat down their right, despite ALL this, CT wants rid. It's as bad as Gemmil's Laurent Robert vendetta.

What utter crap :)

Most people rightly go for Simpson and Williamson. I was interested who peoples third choice would be.

I gave you a few first team regulars from this season that he's ahead of.

Naturally, there aren't many in the current starting 11 that need replacing given its the best performing side for a decade

our none existent starting left-back, Taylor (since williamson is 3rd CB) and Simpson in all likelihood

I gave you a few first team regulars from this season that he's ahead of.

Naturally, there aren't many in the current starting 11 that need replacing given its the best performing side for a decade

You didnt, you gave me squad players. I even listed the first eleven for you. :lol:

Of course it was a theoretical question but at the end of the day, improving on the first eleven is the only way to progress.

I think its becoming pretty clear why people are avoiding the question :lol:

More wriggling than a bucket of snakes.

our none existent starting left-back, Taylor (since williamson is 3rd CB) and Simpson in all likelihood

He wasnt in the list either. :lol:

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Hatem Cisse Ba

I would probably value them in this order.

Cisse

Cabaye

Coloccini

Krul

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Santon

Ba

Jonas

Simpson

Williamson

Im not explaining it again. Ive just run it by the dog and she gets it.

I'd get rid of Ba and take Ronaldo then.

It's a question without merit you retard.

CT, you've basically tried to construct a cul de sac, but nobody is stupid enough to drive down it.

CT, you've basically tried to construct a cul de sac, but nobody is stupid enough to drive down it.

this.....or messi for HBA

Not at all. You are all quite happy to name two of the 11 but cant manage three.

You should try and ease of the name calling. It does you no favours :(

Our season has put a canny premium on even our less able players, this mob will be trying to cash in on that while obviously trying to resist losing the big stars. I imagine a mixture of relief and disappointment on outgoings but a pleasing influx. I'd accept losing Ba if we can hang on to Cisse. Of course I don't want us to lose any players, but think it is deluded to believe we can always hold on to everyone. I hope we can keep our superb midfield together. We need 2 defenders. If Wilson goes I think Perch can do that job as ably, but we need a proper CB. I'm not unhappy with Santon persisting on the left but it would be good to have more cover/options in that corner.

I think we'll feel in the black after the summer, but I expect a disappointment. Maybe that's a better place to be than expecting a marquee signing. Managing expectations is a subtle art, but it can serve all well.