NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the Raul rumours. Who is making this stuff up now?! Completely founded in fantasy world given our transfer policy for the last two or three years. I suppose going to Russia or UAE will pay for a luxurious lifestyle for the rest of his life.

Seems like Butterfield is coming in now, another player I have seen absolutely nothing of but heard very promising reports.

Saw the Raul rumours. Who is making this stuff up now?! Completely founded in fantasy world given our transfer policy for the last two or three years. I suppose going to Russia or UAE will pay for a luxurious lifestyle for the rest of his life.

Seems like Butterfield is coming in now, another player I have seen absolutely nothing of but heard very promising reports.

354_l.jpg

butterfield? never heard of him, first thing i thought of was this guy pretty sure he's not a footballer

dont know anything about him but sounds more like a young squad player with upside. Nowt wrong with that. Depending on our other transfers (depending on which europe league we go into) he could also be loaned at least next season. I got no problem in collecting a few promising young players.

Agree but are we ONLY signing those players? Like I said in another thread, Demba Ba with his clause was not excactly a golden calf was he.

When we signed him we knew we would get 3.5 out of his 7 million release clause at best, and he is also coming into a age where his value starts dropping

Eh?

27 is an age where value starts dropping (any more than it would if he was 24-26 (current age)?

Basically, if we can get Douglas to play with Colo, Pieters at LB and move Santon to RB we will be sorted.

The way Guthrie has performed this season I am more than happy for him to fill in in the middle when needed. It would be nice to have competition for Jonas too but I think his workrate is what makes 433 possible at times.

That's if we don't sell anyone of course

I think it's fairly clear that the three weakest links that need upgrading are Williamson, Simpson and Jonas.

After those three, the remaining 8 would take some improving upon.

Fucking hell, how often can you say that and baring in mind 2 of those three have been pretty reliable all year.

Wouldn't surprise me if we already have a couple of deals tied up and these are announced in similar style to Cabaye's.

Basically, if we can get Douglas to play with Colo, Pieters at LB and move Santon to RB we will be sorted.

The way Guthrie has performed this season I am more than happy for him to fill in in the middle when needed. It would be nice to have competition for Jonas too but I think his workrate is what makes 433 possible at times.

That's if we don't sell anyone of course

agree. for once we dont really need any major surgery to the squad, just a few tweaks here and there.

all we'd possibly need in addition to what you said is maybe a new backup striker to replace lovenkrands/best and a backup goalie.

QFT

yup. it's a one man campaign by CT. can't see anyone else that doesn't appreciate he's had a class season. the manager clearly rates him too so he's not going anywhere.

yup. it's a one man campaign by CT. can't see anyone else that doesn't appreciate he's had a class season. the manager clearly rates him too so he's not going anywhere.

Despite all the other flair/quality available (bloody hell, when could I last say that !!!), Jonas will always be first name on the teamsheet for me, can't understand how people discount/deride (or can't see) what he brings to the side !!!!

Jonas isn't a weak link and that's fairly clear to everyone but you.

Your heads in the sand tbf. Even people who really rate him on this forum understand that we would benefit from competition for his place .

As we hopefully want to improve season on season, who do you think are the three weakest links out of usual line up these days.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Hatem Cisse Ba

If you were ranking these players who would the bottom three be?

Your heads in the sand tbf. Even people who really rate him on this forum understand that we would benefit from competition for his place .

As we hopefully want to improve season on season, who do you think are the three weakest links out of usual line up these days.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Hatem Cisse Ba

If you were ranking these players who would the bottom three be?

There's an obvious two who could be upgraded, but the rest are fine, if you want to be pedantic, I rate Jonas higher than Tiote, simply on the grounds of his availability to the side. You need cover for Tiote, Ba, Cisse before you need cover/upgrade for Jonas if only because they'll all be away for 2 months every ACN.

Priorities IMO are: CB, FB, cover up front and a few young'uns. Jonas doesn't even register the slightest "blip" on my "need to do something" radar.

Jonas gets us higher up the pitch, he is an outlet, he has pace, he tracks back. He wins free kicks in good areas.

His end product isn't great but he gets us in to areas where we can hurt other teams.

He is a lot like Dyer in that respect.