NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP press conference: "No immediate signings in next week but a body could come in in next 14 days"

One body? Bit disappointing that. This time last year we'd made 4 first team signings.

Hardly panicking yet and anyone who is needs to give their heads a shake but I'd like new players in as possible to get on board for pre-season. Long season ahead of us, need to be as best prepared as possible.

One body? Bit disappointing that. This time last year we'd made 4 first team signings.

Hardly panicking yet and anyone who is needs to give their heads a shake but I'd like new players in as possible to get on board for pre-season. Long season ahead of us, need to be as best prepared as possible.

All bases covered there.

Am not worried, long as we don't end up doing all our business at the end of August.

That said I feel slightly contradictory as whilst I respect the transfer policy the club have in place (i.e. that we won't pay over the odds for a player, but are willing to make revised bids), if it takes an extra £1m or so to secure the likes of Debuchy then I'd rather we just bit the bullet and gave in to Lille's demands a little.

"We don't expect anything immediate in the next week or so but we could have a body through the door within 14 days.

"I don't envisage too many coming in.

"We have a lot of young players here who haven't played much football.

"People like Mehdi Abeid and Haris Vuckic.

"But we are out there looking at players who will take us forward.

"We have various options still and nobody has left."

The last time we had a good season and didn't take advantage of that in the transfer window was the year we only Lee Bowyer on a free. Funnily enough that was probably the last season I really enjoyed as an NUFC fan as it all went downhill from there!

We don't really need to sign that many players. A full back, centre half and striker who can play wide in a 433 would do it as long as they're all first team material.

The key thing is hanging on to our best players. Or making sure we've enough time to get a good enough replacement in if another carroll like bid comes in.

I hope they've learned from the Kuqi incident.

The last time we had a good season and didn't take advantage of that in the transfer window was the year we only Lee Bowyer on a free. Funnily enough that was probably the last season I really enjoyed as an NUFC fan as it all went downhill from there!

You didn't enjoy last season like? I thought I was supposed to be the gloomy one around here.

We don't really need to sign that many players. A full back, centre half and striker who can play wide in a 433 would do it as long as they're all first team material.

The key thing is hanging on to our best players. Or making sure we've enough time to get a good enough replacement in if another carroll like bid comes in.

I hope they've learned from the Kuqi incident.

That's the positions I think we need to fill too.

If the window shuts and we've signed Debuchy, Douglas and Hoilett and not lost any of our big players I'll be more than happy.

We can afford to lose Ranger, Xisco and Simpson too if they come in.

You didn't enjoy last season like? I thought I was supposed to be the gloomy one around here.

Apart from last season obviously. The point is, we have the opportunity to spend modestly and kick on. You can guarantee if we don't we will lose Colo, Cisse and Cabaye to injury within 2 weeks of the season starting.

I don't understand why anyone would expect that we'll bring any players in until the last day of August unless it's for what Ashley/Llambias perceive to be very good business. They'll keep haggling over Debuchy until they get the price they want & the Douglas deal, if it goes ahead, won't happen until the end of August anyway.

On the other hand, I expect we probably have a number of alternatives to Debuchy/Douglas/De Jong that could take us by surprise. However, how many times have we all expected bodies to come in because they are clearly desperately needed, only for nothing to come to fruition? As soon ago as January when we didn't bring in another centre back! Expect the unexpected with this lot in charge.

That's the positions I think we need to fill too.

If the window shuts and we've signed Debuchy, Douglas and Hoilett and not lost any of our big players I'll be more than happy.

We can afford to lose Ranger, Xisco and Simpson too if they come in.

we can afford to lose ranger and xisco whatever happens