WBA v Newcastle Sunday 4pm

Happy Face

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hysterically speaking,......... must admit I have misgivings about this one based on the fact that other results are going in our favour and when that happens we historically shoot ourselves in the foot.

On the brighter side, we're due to have a good game as we haven't had one for a while.

Well my misgivings soon flew out the window with Cisse's first goal and it was obvious we weren't we weren't going to be foot-shot.

As for the brighter side, looks like we were due a good game and got one.

Too bad Willo gifted them a goal ....... hurry back Saylor, we need you.

More magic from BenArfa, another great goal. Don't know why he was taken off.

Stalwart Colo, hope he'll be fit for Liverpool.

Perch put in a decent shift again as a utility player.

Downside, Ba and Cisse don't seem to win many of the high balls that are hoofed up from the back.

As for Pardoo, not sure Perch is a better option than Santoni at left back.

Would prefer to stick Santon at CB with...well, with who I don't know. I think what Colo does back there is keep everyone organised and focused. Could stick Tiote at CB? I know Pards won't, but we need someone there to keep everyone organised and I don't trust any of our other defenders to do that...

Class result and performance, only sour note is of course Colo's injury.

Noticed someone complaining about how we've not scored more than 3 in a game this season. Yeah it's a bit strange as we had no problem doing that last season but I can't complain as long as we score enough to put points on the board. It's when we take the lead but fail to add it and let a team back into the game that it's a problem.

Aye I'd rather Santon play with Williamson in CD as I think Santon's 6' 3" and Williamson is 6' 4" but that's literally the only reason I'd favor Williamson as CB over Perch.

Absolute mint. A team of players with a blatantly clear desire to play for the football club and each with a point to prove. As it absolutely always should be.

Nothing personal as they were all good players for us, but really good to see Enrique and Carroll below us, Joey Barton hopefully getting relegated and Kevin Nolan not coming back up with his dildo millions.

It's good to see us actually looking a class above teams that we should be looking a class above. Naturally they came into it a bit more in the second half but I wasn't really ever that uncomfortable. Morrison going off pretty much calmed any nerves I was having.

Great result. 6-1 should have been on had Cisse put away the one on one.

Ben Arfa obviously man of the match and his goal was sublime. Thought Cisses did magnificently on the first not getting put off by Ba.

Perch quite magnificent and is fast becoming a great utility man for u's.

Williamson just fuck off asap.

And little Shane did great with what time he had. Cool as a cucumber in possession, sensible passes, lots of closing down and won a corner. Still pipped by Ben Arfa for MOTM.

Btw, who else but Newcastle could have you shitting yourself 3-0 up, ten minutes into the second half!!!

Tonight's MOTD2 will be all about us, if you missed the game. Think Shearer is sticking around for it as well after being on last night.

Lee Dixon as well. Beeb bottling it with Colin Murray the only scouse fan.

Yeah I think if Cisse had scored that goal the scoreline would have been a highlight of our season but it wasn't to be. I'm tired of thinking "what if" in my mind when it comes to football, it's turning into a real pet hate of mine (there's an idea for a thread...) so I'm not going to worry about it. We scored enough to win, no complaints.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

And little Shane did great with what time he had. Cool as a cucumber in possession, sensible passes, lots of closing down and won a corner. Still pipped by Ben Arfa for MOTM.

:icon_lol:

Tonight's MOTD2 will be all about us, if you missed the game. Think Shearer is sticking around for it as well after being on last night.

Lee Dixon as well. Beeb bottling it with Colin Murray the only scouse fan.

Given as guest pundit too

Guest CabayeAye

Ben Arfa is mint. Easily our best player. We just need to forget about him tackling or passing and just let him do his own thing. Playing a front three is perfect for him, and may be the way forward for us, even after the critisism it drew when Pardoo tried it earlier this season (albeit with different players).

Think I might have to change my signature after this match! :lol:

Absolutely delighted with the result, massive win which I wasn't expecting. HTL.

Colo's injury is a blow but I'm excited about Shane Ferguson coming in at centre back and dominating the oppo strikers. Every faith in CT's judgement on this.

Ben Arfa is mint. Easily our best player. We just need to forget about him tackling or passing and just let him do his own thing. Playing a front three is perfect for him, and may be the way forward for us, even after the critisism it drew when Pardoo tried it earlier this season (albeit with different players).

It's a stupid fucking signature anyway.

Edited by StevenL

Guest CabayeAye

It's a stupid fucking signature anyway.

Ooooohhhhh!!! Handbags! :lol: