mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Alex said:

He gets a lot of respect for the Bradley Lowery stuff (which he should from everyone, not just Sunderland fans). He did a decent job as a player for them when they were a struggling PL side and scored that excellent derby winner of course. He was past his best by then, which is the only reason he went there. Nowt against the fella but he was never that good anyway imo. In the scores goals but does nowt else mode. But I think the love is largely a one way thing, aye 

I’ll continue to give him abuse on rtg.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

30 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"Indeed. H'es one of our own! Can't imagine he would want to stay at Dortmund over us if offered."

"I'm convinced he'll play for us one day."

"Could be a cult hero"

"If we’re somehow in European football, aye."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-reyna-child.1575074/

Just watched the clip waiting for something amazing at the end, but no, it ends with him needlessly turning the ball over after trying to beat the whole team and never looking likely. I'm more impressed by this incredible Shane Ferguson belter.

Moyes:

"When I look back at it, they had just stayed up with Big Sam. But it was by the skin of their teeth. I felt I would be able to do the same."

"And you only have to look at what has happened to Sunderland over the years to see there were bigger troubles there. It’s not just been down to one manager or one incident, so yes I chose wrong. That’s how things can go. It didn’t go so well for me at Sunderland."

3 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Moyes:

"When I look back at it, they had just stayed up with Big Sam. But it was by the skin of their teeth. I felt I would be able to do the same."

"And you only have to look at what has happened to Sunderland over the years to see there were bigger troubles there. It’s not just been down to one manager or one incident, so yes I chose wrong. That’s how things can go. It didn’t go so well for me at Sunderland."

And the only common denominator throughout that period has been... the fans.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

And the only common denominator throughout that period has been... the fans.

They’re bigger and bolder and tougher and rougher 

:lol: Tbf it’s dead unfair on them as the entire league treats them like a cup final, it’s definitely not because they’re a shite club and have found their level.  

Looks like they’ll be playing Forest Green Rovers next year :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

Noticed a thread on Radio Newcastle complaining about an imbalance of coverage between the two teams (of course) and some fucker describes the fact that its called Newcastle and not something NE based as "abhorrent"  :)

• Haha 4