mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: I was once on the Munich stadium tour and the guide asked me and my mates who we supported. Told him Newcastle and he went “ah, big club, big stadium” but just with a German accent. I can’t recall stopping the tour in its tracks so I could fire the beacons up and inform the rest of the Geordie Nation that a bloke in Munich thinks we’re a big club

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: I was once on the Munich stadium tour and the guide asked me and my mates who we supported. Told him Newcastle and he went “ah, big club, big stadium” but just with a German accent. I can’t recall stopping the tour in its tracks so I could fire the beacons up and inform the rest of the Geordie Nation that a bloke in Munich thinks we’re a big club

Not my experience unfortunately. I did a tour of the San Siro recently. The tour guide asked which club I supported. I said "Newcastle" with a grin on my face. He just looked puzzled.

"Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson, Alan Shearer". He was still not getting it. 

"Oh ffs, Sandro Tonali, we've just played Milan in the champions league? " 

He was Still scoobied, and asked me whereabouts Newcastle was. I told him the NE of England. 

"Ahhhh" he says "Vicino Sunderland?L'argomento di Netflix? Il black cats! Jack Ross, Phil Parkinson, Simon Grayson? Il Loch Ness Drogba! Founders of Athletico Bilbao! Mamma Mia! Il Sunderland è una squadra di calcio enorme. Forza Sunderlando!!! 

Gutted, tbh. 

• Haha 20

Just had a look through the first few pages of their match thread for our game and they’re all hammering Burn and asking why Tino isn’t starting too.

Now I’m starting to question my judgement 

• Haha 7

Wasn't Clough born in Boro? 

I suppose his name is Irish and he could have ancestry there but don't get the "Came from Ireland and loved Clough" connection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, NJS said:

Wasn't Clough born in Boro? 

I suppose his name is Irish and he could have ancestry there but don't get the "Came from Ireland and loved Clough" connection. 

He played for the mackems as well as Boro, which appears to be the reason the six fingered ones granda started supporting the tramps, it’s the only way I can make sense of his ramblings. And if watching us on the telly has that effect, I’d say the simple answer is to …STOP WATCHING THEN YOU GORMLESS TWAT!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Wasn't Clough born in Bilbaoro? 

I suppose his name is Irish-Basque and he could have ancestry there but don't get the "Came from Ireland and loved Clough" connection. 

It's starting to make sense now. 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Average day on the SMB, perfectly normal behaviour. 

Screenshot_20240211_221126_Chrome.thumb.jpg.78852a6e6e3c3f50cd2089b331ee9d73.jpg

Whereas these days I see them purely as an abundant mine of amusement. No deep shafts to dig to get to it, it's lying on the surface. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Whereas these days I see them purely as an abundant mine of amusement. No deep shafts to dig to get to it, it's lying on the surface. 

Well, this was on the member forum.

Difference between us is, I rarely if ever see any posts on here hating them or their city. As per the name of the thread, 90% of it is just laughing at their daft threads about us. No anger, bitterness. No mention of hate, scum, smashing tellys. Just a mixture of bemusement and amusemsent. Hardly even a mention of their tragic matches unless it's their other yearly play off games. Think most wouldn't even mind if they are promoted, as we know it is a guranteed source of more amusement. 

Of course, they know this and it makes them even more livid. :)

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, this was on the member forum.

Difference between us is, I rarely if ever see any posts on here hating them or their city. As per the name of the thread, 90% of it is just laughing at their daft threads about us. No anger, bitterness. No mention of hate, scum, smashing tellys. Just a mixture of bemusement and amusemsent. Hardly even a mention of their tragic matches unless it's their other yearly play off games. Think most wouldn't even mind if they are promoted, as we know it is a guranteed source of more amusement. 

Of course, they know this and it makes them even more livid. :)

Spot on. We all have a laugh if they get beat but I don't actively watch their games and if they do win then so what? They're shite. Most of the laughs I get from them these days are the many highlighted posts like the one you mentioned. There's a raysun they hide their stuff and has been mentioned, it has to be embarrassment plus denying us more giggle material. Even the normal ones must see they've got some borderline Abby Normal brain donors amongst them?

• Haha 2

Last month, we exposed the massive gap between the two teams and, had one Joelinton not got injured, 2-0 after 46 minutes would have been a mere prelude. No amount of “hatred” can ever soften the knowledge that we played with them like a lion with a dead gazelle

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.02600938b25de380661d0ff673f25f77.png

Jack Clarke is the best winger in the championship, better than any current premier league winger and would be 8th in the premier league on his own. FACT.

• Haha 11

22 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Jack Clarke is the best winger in the championship, better than any current premier league winger and would be 8th in the premier league on his own. FACT.

That's me convinced. :good:

(Just got to convince the likes of Pep, Ange, Eddie and co. Good luck Mr Andy78!)

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Everyone else can pack up and go home, Sunderland have won the Carries into the Penalty Area cup.

• Haha 11

Adam Armstrong has more goals and more than twice as many assists from less appearances this season. Which puts Clarke’s absolutely incredible numbers for 2023/24 into some context

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It's carries into the Premier league they need to worry about, and he's fucking SHITE at that. 

:lol: the way they go on about him, man. The next Chris Waddle and all that shite. You’re genuinely talking about the sort of player who’ll do very well to have a career anywhere near as good as someone like Wayne Routledge. Which isn’t a dig at either player. Just highlighting how batshit crazy a fair proportion of RTG are. 

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Adam Armstrong has more goals and more than twice as many assists from less appearances this season. Which puts Clarke’s absolutely incredible numbers for 2023/24 into some context

Exactly. The same Adam Armstrong who managed a whopping 2 premier league goals last season. 

Clarke against Ben White, Trippier, Walker, Reece James, TAA, Porro etc is lucky if he gets carries past the half way line 

• Like 2