mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I saw one of them claiming that official club tallies for attendances (not the season ticket boosted publicised ones) for the past two homes games have been 17k and 15k respectively.

I'm starting to think they're in serious trouble actually. You have to ask yourself mind, at what point will it stop being funny? :lol:

When the last of them to try and use "6 in a row" to win an argument realises that it just makes them look fucking stupid given the situation they're in.

When we went down we were derided for our arrogant belief we'd bounce right back up, but objectively we had the best manager in the league, he'd spent well on a squad, rather than buying big names, we had a core spine to the team that was at best lower Premier League, at worst top Championship and most importantly we had few arseholes and a good number of hard-working solid professionals. It then transpired we had one of the best strikers in the league, the best right winger (Knockaert can suck my plums), the best Central Midfielder, the best defence in the league and so on. Our "gambles" paid off on the whole; Atsu, Clark, Hayden, Murphy, Yedlin, with only really Lazaar and Sels being total failures.

They've gone down and are now stuck with their 3rd choice manager who is bang average in the Championship, a man who's not been backed anything like enough, regardless of their healthy transfer income. He's signed fairly well known names, rather than addressing key weaknesses in the team. After relegation they were left with a team that was at best top Championship, at worst League 1. Only Lamine Kone is good enough for the Premier League on his day, and he clearly couldn't give less of a shit. They haven't a reliable striker, any real creative spark and a leaky fucking defence. None of their "gambles" have paid off.

All that said, I still think they've enough in their squad to survive, but that that is even up for debate is a damning indictment of the way that club has been run into the ground for years. The warning signs were there, flashing stark cautions into the wearside gloom, but every season those signs were eclipsed by the spotlights shining on the derby wins, the relegations or whatever else was happening at circus that is Newcastle United.

"You finished on 39pts and would have gone down if.."

"DORRRRRTY KNEEEES! Horse Punchers!" 

"You failed to get 40pts again and all your points came in th..."

"Borini is class marra! 3 in a ROWWWW!"

"This is the 3rd year in a row that you've failed to get 40pts, aren't you worr..."

"HE SHAGS WHO HE WAAAAAANTS!"

"4yrs out of 5 you've been involved in a relegation fight."

"Wis sent yiz dooon! 6 in a row! Yis are gutted! Yiz'll be down for years, Benitez won't stay and it's a pub league."

"You've been relegated, there are persisting rumours about administration and you're in the bottom 3 of the 2nd flight."

"6 IN A ROW!"

• Like 2

However they've scored less goals than Rotherham did...

Also to answer a previous question I don't think there's a stage I'll stop laughing after the way these dickheads having been behaving for the last few years.

There are probably league one clubs better run, so what divine right to Sunderland have to be a championship club? They don't, they....have...to...earn it... :spit: 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

However they've scored less goals than Rotherham did...

Also to answer a previous question I don't think there's a stage I'll stop laughing after the way these dickheads having been behaving for the last few years.

There are probably league one clubs better run, so what divine right to Sunderland have to be a championship club? They don't, they....have...to...earn it... :spit: 

:lol:

You'd think a brief spell in League One is as far as it would go though. A club with a 45k seater stadium in League One for more than 2 seasons at most has to be basically unheard of, surely?

Edited by Rayvin

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You'd think a brief spell in League One is as far as it would go though. A club with a 45k seater stadium in League One for more than 2 seasons at most has to be basically unheard of, surely?

Leeds had 3 years down there. That would be nice

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Elland Road hosted LEague 1 football for a few years. I know it's 8k short of the Stadium of Light's capacity, but that's still a huge stadium for England's 3rd tier. The average attendance in that league so far is 7,600, but that's skewed massively by the 17,000 and 20,000 pulled in by Portsmouth and Bradford respectively. Bradford pull in nearly 7 times the amount Fleetwood do. 

Look how long it's took Leeds to sort themselves out and now they're only in with a shout of promotion. Plenty to go wrong for them.

Plus I reckon Leeds have a better fan base when the shit hits the fan. As above - mackems getting under 20k for home games :lol: 

Agree with Tom, this won’t ever stop being funny. I don’t want their club to be liquidated or anything like that as no fan deserves that, but a long spell as a League One and League two yo-yo club would be grand. 

Pardew would be an improvement tbh. 

Although the 46 games format could go either way for him. Saturday/Tuesday/Repeat is a good way to get out of poor form I suppose.

Think I've had to many painkillers again 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

When the last of them to try and use "6 in a row" to win an argument realises that it just makes them look fucking stupid given the situation they're in.

When we went down we were derided for our arrogant belief we'd bounce right back up, but objectively we had the best manager in the league, he'd spent well on a squad, rather than buying big names, we had a core spine to the team that was at best lower Premier League, at worst top Championship and most importantly we had few arseholes and a good number of hard-working solid professionals. It then transpired we had one of the best strikers in the league, the best right winger (Knockaert can suck my plums), the best Central Midfielder, the best defence in the league and so on. Our "gambles" paid off on the whole; Atsu, Clark, Hayden, Murphy, Yedlin, with only really Lazaar and Sels being total failures.

They've gone down and are now stuck with their 3rd choice manager who is bang average in the Championship, a man who's not been backed anything like enough, regardless of their healthy transfer income. He's signed fairly well known names, rather than addressing key weaknesses in the team. After relegation they were left with a team that was at best top Championship, at worst League 1. Only Lamine Kone is good enough for the Premier League on his day, and he clearly couldn't give less of a shit. They haven't a reliable striker, any real creative spark and a leaky fucking defence. None of their "gambles" have paid off.

All that said, I still think they've enough in their squad to survive, but that that is even up for debate is a damning indictment of the way that club has been run into the ground for years. The warning signs were there, flashing stark cautions into the wearside gloom, but every season those signs were eclipsed by the spotlights shining on the derby wins, the relegations or whatever else was happening at circus that is Newcastle United.

"You finished on 39pts and would have gone down if.."

"DORRRRRTY KNEEEES! Horse Punchers!" 

"You failed to get 40pts again and all your points came in th..."

"Borini is class marra! 3 in a ROWWWW!"

"This is the 3rd year in a row that you've failed to get 40pts, aren't you worr..."

"HE SHAGS WHO HE WAAAAAANTS!"

"4yrs out of 5 you've been involved in a relegation fight."

"Wis sent yiz dooon! 6 in a row! Yis are gutted! Yiz'll be down for years, Benitez won't stay and it's a pub league."

"You've been relegated, there are persisting rumours about administration and you're in the bottom 3 of the 2nd flight."

"6 IN A ROW!"

Obviously they're not all like that but there's a very sizeable portion who are, especially on that forum. :good:

It's like everything else isn't it?  I feel bad for their genuine, decent fans but most people are arseholes regardless of their loyalties so fuck that lot.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I'd be careful with that, it's not beyond Ashley to bring Pardew back here if Rafa walks out...

Fuck sake I just threw up a bit sick in my mouth.   

I'm ok now, but please don't post that again :D