mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

From lines of text on a screen?

Yep.

It's like a conversation with an advanced AI. Although some are more advanced than others.

I can understand you wanting to get a bit of a conversation going elsewhere Fish, a lot of the time there is precious little on here, but I can't understand why anyone intelligent would want to post on there.  The moment they work out someone is a Newcastle supporter (or they think they are) they just go straight on the attack.  But even without that, there's no real discussions on there.  I know you sometimes get a bit of a ribbing on here for long winded posts, but on there most of them struggle to construct one sentence.  Most of the posts on there seem to average about five words.  I've said it before but it's a really poor forum for real discussions.  

It can be quite a giggle to see the thick cunts arguing amongst themselves and generally sounding like they're typing from a shared computer at a special school.  But I'd be fucked if I could be arsed join in with them.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I can understand you wanting to get a bit of a conversation going elsewhere Fish, a lot of the time there is precious little on here, but I can't understand why anyone intelligent would want to post on there.  The moment they work out someone is a Newcastle supporter (or they think they are) they just go straight on the attack.  But even without that, there's no real discussions on there.  I know you sometimes get a bit of a ribbing on here for long winded posts, but on there most of them struggle to construct one sentence.  Most of the posts on there seem to average about five words.  I've said it before but it's a really poor forum for real discussions.  

It can be quite a giggle to see the thick cunts arguing amongst themselves and generally sounding like they're typing from a shared computer at a special school.  But I'd be fucked if I could be arsed join in with them.  

Sometimes it does feel a bit like I'm King Canute, but there's plenty of times I've tucked someone in.  I also think there's some value in disproving some of the nonsense. 

Say again, there are some decent posters on there, and the ones who define their support of Sunderland by how loudly and frequently they show their hatred for Newcastle are easily ignored. People like Bear, Reiver or whomever.

Plus at the minute their club is in turmoil, it's interesting to witness the tumult 1st hand. Like a AP reporter embedded in a country in the throws of a peasant uprising.

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sometimes it does feel a bit like I'm King Canute, but there's plenty of times I've tucked someone in.  I also think there's some value in disproving some of the nonsense. 

Say again, there are some decent posters on there, and the ones who define their support of Sunderland by how loudly and frequently they show their hatred for Newcastle are easily ignored. People like Bear, Reiver or whomever.

Plus at the minute their club is in turmoil, it's interesting to witness the tumult 1st hand. Like a AP reporter embedded in a country in the throws of a peasant uprising.

You can do the last bit without posting tbh. I have a fairly good sense of where they're at from just reading about it.

Curious though, why don't you post on NO? They're a far more active community than TT and are aligned with your team.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You can do the last bit without posting tbh. I have a fairly good sense of where they're at from just reading about it.

Curious though, why don't you post on NO? They're a far more active community than TT and are aligned with your team.

On RTG, by virtue of being a Newcastle fan I'm immediately a novelty and therefore more likely to get into a conversation.

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I suppose we did cover that in our last session.

Thanks Doc ;)

Tickles me that I'm accused of trying too hard to come off as a "decent Mag", when really I'm just saying what I say on here. I feel like the BBC, getting accused of bias from both sides. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Thanks Doc ;)

Tickles me that I'm accused of trying too hard to come off as a "decent Mag", when really I'm just saying what I say on here. I feel like the BBC, getting accused of bias from both sides. 

Big black cock?

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's not totally true though, is it? You didn't post your north east top dog thing on there ;)

It was just a Banter.

;) 

I have previously posted one of those league tables adjusted to account for erroneous refereeing decisions and offsides and the like. Just so happened that it launched us up the table and saw the mackems relegated.

That went down well. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It was just a Banter.

;) 

I have previously posted one of those league tables adjusted to account for erroneous refereeing decisions and offsides and the like. Just so happened that it launched us up the table and saw the mackems relegated.

That went down well. :lol:

:D Nice.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I can see why you would want to go on there and take the piss, lots of us glance over there and have a giggle when there's nothing going on here.  But I don't get why you'd want to try and have a sensible conversation, like I assume you were with the footballers you remember but other don't thread.  Or were you just trying to set them up there too?

Honestly I've not manged to distinguish any of their posters from another because they all basically post exactly the same shit and in the same style.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

I can see why you would want to go on there and take the piss, lots of us glance over there and have a giggle when there's nothing going on here.  But I don't get why you'd want to try and have a sensible conversation, like I assume you were with the footballers you remember but other don't thread.  Or were you just trying to set them up there too?

Honestly I've not manged to distinguish any of their posters from another because they all basically post exactly the same shit and in the same style.

Nothing draws out the madheads more than calm reason.

It's like the Gun debate in the states, make your case calmly and reasonably and soon enough they'll be trying to scare off a hurricane by unloading a clip into the sky.

I'm fucking chuffed at just how right we were about them, and how wrong they were about us :lol: it's fucking brilliant.

I see a bunch of them are trying to masquerade as South Shields fans, it wont be long until they're using their support of a non-league side as some sort of attack on Newcastle fans like the 'classy' shite from a couple of seasons back. Saying that they best pick which bampy side they really want to support now as the rate both teams are going SAFC will be playing them in the league soon enough.

Tbh they're fucking boring. I'm sick of their hypocritical shite and constant arguments of convenience, thrilled we wont be playing them in a league fixture in the foreseeable future the way it's going. 

• Like 1