mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

On 06/11/2017 at 11:55 PM, Alex said:

:lol: Loved that last one. Classic mag at work patter

I like the fact that they're going on about how pathetic it is that we think there's a referee and sky conspiracy against us (we don't we just think one makes shit decisions and the other are a pack of cunts but never let the truth get in the way of a good story) whilst constantly moaning themselves about the magedia.  You really couldn't make it up.

Just now, David Kelly said:

I like the fact that they're going on about how pathetic it is that we think there's a referee and sky conspiracy against us (we don't we just think one makes shit decisions and the other are a pack of cunts but never let the truth get in the way of a good story) whilst constantly moaning themselves about the magedia.  You really couldn't make it up.

Yeah but that's real

Didn't he say at the end of August that if he'd knew the backing he was actually going to get he wouldn't have took the job?

None the less he was appalling at Sunderland.

The first thing Moyes said when he got the job was he thought sunland were in a relegation battle as nothing has changed FFS ! 

Didn't do enough “due diligence”  my arse, he was just totally crap.

Fat Sam sticking his boot into the hilarity.

Allardyce:

To get Sunderland back into a fit state, the club needs to be sold. I think Ellis Short was fine while I was there, but it’s obvious he’s had enough. He’s pumped so much money into the club and I don’t believe he wants to risk any more of his cash.

They find themselves at the wrong end of the Championship table, they’ve sacked another manager – Simon Grayson – but the rot had set in at Sunderland and it’s very difficult to manage a club when they’re in that position. It’s even harder to overcome it and get a team back into the right direction. So maybe, at this stage, a new owner is what’s left to change and should get them back on the right track at this period in the club’s history.

It’s so tragic what’s going on at Sunderland at the minute. Especially for me, thinking that I left that club after saving them from a relegation fight. The fight for me in my time at the club was trying to convince the owner this really couldn’t happen again. It was the fifth time they’d been in that position and, in my experience over many, many years as a manager, it was me trying to say that a relegation fight shouldn’t be happening again. But before I got the chance to put that into action, I’d obviously left.

Honestly, when David Moyes came in after me, I genuinely thought he could carry it on. He’s a good friend of mine and a great manager. But, unfortunately, right from when he came in, things didn’t go well. Sunderland have never recovered from that.

The way they’re going at the minute, they’re dangerously close to being relegated again. 

When you saw what Simon did with Preston North End, and on a very limited budget, it was obviously good business by the owner to bring him in. He showed at Preston that he was more than capable of working on very little funds and still having success with a team.

Unfortunately, the fall-out of being relegated, which I experienced at West Ham, leaves the club in a very difficult position. Those lads will be scarred mentally, they’ll obviously want to leave and there’s cut backs, redundancies and sackings which follow. That’s tough on everyone, and it makes it almost impossible to get the right mood and spirit back into the club. I’m not sure how they’ll do it, but I really hope they do.

18 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Ffs they have a 3 page thread about our under 21 team result against Oldham.

The crowd for that match at Oldham was 1107 with 50 Newcastle fans there.

Meanwhile Sunderland played Grimsby away in front of crowd of 248 with 3 yes 3 mackems there.

Respect to all those traveling fans btw.  

I can't find a thread about their game and support.

"Especially for me, thinking that I left that club after saving them from a relegation fight."

Not quite after the relegation fight. He left them half way through the following transfer window, making his successor's job much more difficult.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

And he hardly left them safe and secure, he left them in a similar state to the managers that preceded him.

Aye that was my first reaction to reading that.  They escaped by the skin of their teeth, it's not like he'd rocketed them up the table.  They'd been out of the bottom three for about 30 days all season if memory serves.

22 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

The exact same thing is happening at Palace this season too. He signs shite that will do a 6 month to a year job for him then when he goes they're not good enough for the next manager. See Van Aanholt, Schlupp, Milovejevic etc all shite.

It's always argued he's some amazeballs manager because clubs often get relegated soon after he left, which makes no fucking sense if you think about it

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's always argued he's some amazeballs manager because clubs often get relegated soon after he left, which makes no fucking sense if you think about it

Aye I hate the media etc making it some sort of achievement to just avoid relegation season after season. If a foreign manager came in and constantly avoided relegation like a Pulis or Allardyce they'd be hammered. (See Bilic) however if theyre british then theyre an amazing manager.

10 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Aye I hate the media etc making it some sort of achievement to just avoid relegation season after season. If a foreign manager came in and constantly avoided relegation like a Pulis or Allardyce they'd be hammered. (See Bilic) however if theyre british then theyre an amazing manager.

It's not just that, you also have to question what sort of state they leave the club in if they go down soon after which has happened several times with Allardyce. It also suggests a very one dimensional approach in terms of the way the team can play and if you change that the players can't cope, i.e. he wants robots rather than adaptable players who can think on their feet when needed, as you alluded to with your earlier post.