mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Aye but you can't judge any manager on their time at Sunderland, look how well he's done since: AEK sacked after six months, Real Betis sacked after six months, some shithole in China sacked after ten months, Bordeaux sacked after eight months...

• Haha 4

:lol: So he spoke to them, found out they’re in league one and went “erm, yeah actually fuck that”, what a draw they are that a failed manager has no interest dropping to their level. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: So he spoke to them, found out they’re in league one and went “erm, yeah actually fuck that”, what a draw they are that a failed manager has no interest dropping to their level. 

They have a thread that was started at almost 2pm this afternoon, confirming that Poyet had signed. It has now reached 80 pages. The first 20 pages of it is joy and euphoria, the rest is swinging wildly looking for people to blame and cursing their fathers for raising them as Sunderland fans :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/gus-has-signed-ed-or-maybe-he-hasnt.1535224/

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 3

I'm not going to watch the video but the opening shot does look like a short news feature on a man who got carried away with his success as a DFS regional sale manager and fell into alcoholism and homelessness but is now on the straight and narrow and trying to give back by volunteering at a homeless shelter.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

I really don’t think they’re enjoying Burton.

:)

since they came up with that hilarious little quip have they ever actually managed to beat burton in the many, many times they've now played the staffordshire minnows?

or do they merely get relegated by them?

:lol: I don’t understand why media outlets are giving him any time at all. It’s great mind, what a fucking embarrassment it is for the mackems that this tramp is constantly loitering around hovels in Sunderland pretending he’s buying them. 

#trampycunt #neemoney #knockingaboutunderbridges

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

Sol Campbell in talks apparently :lol:

The same Sol Campbell who told this delightful story in his autobiography!

In 1993, he formally graduated from Spurs' youth team to the senior side – with whom, during a match against Sunderland, he was subjected to something much more brazen than a comment about cricket. "I played right back that day," Campbell recalls, "and every time I touched the ball – monkey chants. Every single time."

This was in January 1995. I'd naively imagined that this nonsense had been shamed out of British football by then. "Mad thing is," Campbell says, "the captain of Sunderland was black." (The captain, Gary Bennett, asked on Twitter recently if he remembered the chants, said: "No, not at all I was busy making myself big in the goal.")

What did Campbell say to his team-mates at the time? "I was a youngster, what am I going to talk about?" Didn't they hear the monkey noises? "No one said anything. It was my first or second season in football. They [the opposition fans] might have been trying to put me off. But now I'm older I think, fucking hell, what was going on there? Whole sections of the crowd doing monkey chants – and no one said anything… I was young. I was just happy to be in the team. But no one came up to me to say, 'You all right, Sol?'