mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Looks like the playoffs after a pretty shocking run of form. I reckon they might make it this time tbh, the teams around them all seem to be wobbling as well.

Their form has to be a concern, they play Blackpool tonight

image.png.7c1a97bfa28a2c376a056abed2687085.png

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Looks like the playoffs after a pretty shocking run of form. I reckon they might make it this time tbh, the teams around them all seem to be wobbling as well.

Still can't believe this is their third season down there. 

Looking at the table, if they lose to Blackpool tonight they will be panicking they might finish outside the playoff places.

After tonight, 2 losses for Sunderland and 2 wins for Oxford could see Sunderland finish 7th :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d prefer playoff final heart break 

Nah, not the final. To go out in the Play-off semis would be more crushing. Getting to the final could mean they were unlucky on the day, or whatever lie they tell themselves. Failing to even get there would sow another seed of doubt that they'll ever get out of the third tier of English football.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Still can't believe this is their third season down there. 

I think they can’t catch Hull and Peterborough only need a point to guarantee they finish above them.

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Looking at the table, if they lose to Blackpool tonight they will be panicking they might finish outside the playoff places.

After tonight, 2 losses for Sunderland and 2 wins for Oxford could see Sunderland finish 7th :lol: 

That would be sensational :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Nah, not the final. To go out in the Play-off semis would be more crushing. Getting to the final could mean they were unlucky on the day, or whatever lie they tell themselves. Failing to even get there would sow another seed of doubt that they'll ever get out of the third tier of English football.

Let’s be honest, them not even getting to the play-offs would do that, and be way funnier. 

37 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Let’s be honest, them not even getting to the play-offs would do that, and be way funnier. 

This a thousand times this!!

Accept Fish's sentiment as a perfectly acceptable plan B though

• Haha 3

Well yes, our luck is historically terrible, sometimes massively so but I wouldn’t call them lucky either. 

All they have is Greggs and a Kwik Fit. 

• Haha 4

bizarre really, a few weeks ago they looked every bit as nailed on certainties for automatic promotion as we did certainties for relegation.

I can't even begin to imagine the fucking rabid furore that created on rtg.

are they all depressed now?

I do hope so!   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll

Hats off to the mackems - this season they’ve really cemented their place as both a League One side and the third best team in the North East. Great stuff and I look forward to seeing what they can achieve next season with their 18 year old chairman :lol:

• Haha 5

I'm glad nufc doesn't have a rtg equivalent like. Pure poison. Heading to to playoffs (probably) and they want a new manager and are calling their players worse than shite. And comments from their manager suggests he's been reading it all as well. 

I wonder if anyone from nufc has ever been on here.

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I wouldn’t park a shite in Pennywell, never mind a car. :lol:

Make up your mind - COVID safe or car safe? :smile: (Let's not discuss your shites and where you may or may not park them!)

6 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm glad nufc doesn't have a rtg equivalent like. Pure poison. Heading to to playoffs (probably) and they want a new manager and are calling their players worse than shite. And comments from their manager suggests he's been reading it all as well. 

I wonder if anyone from nufc has ever been on here.

I hope they haven't. They'd never recover from being acronymed by essembee

• Haha 2