Newcastle United v Stoke City

Christmas Tree

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Colo is well thought of here but in general I dont think many people realize just how good he is. By far the most comfortable defender on the ball in this league and one of those players who makes everyone else around him seem better than they are.

Santon was something else yesterday as well.

Yeah I agree with all of this. Colocinni is just a natural, his timing of tackles is immpecable.

That wee dribble into the box Santon did at the end, i actually thought it was Ben Arfa (because of the orange boots) He was very solid all game.

Cabaye's pass for the second goal beggars belief. Cisse was way on the other side of the pitch when he hit it and the placing and weight was perfect.

As far as i was aware Cisse's second goal should have stood, surely he was not interfering with play as Ba took a shot directly at the keeper? Refs need to really agree on a standard and stick to it. Look at those two chelsea goals against Wigan, they were both allowed.

did anyone else hear one of the commentators say " this type of play is really establishing Newcastle as a geniune mid-table team.....blahblah" (or something like that)

really fucking pissed me off, since when is 4th fucking midtable, they seem unable to give us credit where it's due.

Cisse's movement is lethal. He's constantly moving - but not just pulling them out of them - always finding space.

agreed, and he's making diagonal runs which pulls the defenders out of position and creates space for others

Basically it was 50 quid each with me and LBT that Blackburn would finish above Everton with Everton having a four point handicap.

That was a fucking retarded bet to offer like. For all the praise he gets he doesn't half talk some shite. He must hate Everton (can't remember where they do actually feature in his prejudice league table) as they seem to be his Achilles' heel when it comes to grandiose predictions, Leighton Baines and all that.

Actually, make it 50.I'll go 50 if they both start on 0 points now, i.e. Everton -4 fair crack that.

That wasn't the bet offered though.

I'll go for it, though on the proviso that neither Kean or Moyes leave their club.'

Now, I'm no big city lawyer, but would this mean if Kean gets the sack before the season end, the bet is null and void???

*edit* terrible attempt at quoting that, it was Ewerk that suggest the manager leaving clause

Edited by jonasjuice

Can't remember nowt about this like, thought it was for Blackburn to stop up. I'll honour the bet though, but I would never have agreed to bet with fuckin that wrongun Brevik there, so I'll send £50 to the SBR foundation at the seasons end.

That was a fucking retarded bet to offer like. For all the praise he gets he doesn't half talk some shite. He must hate Everton (can't remember where they do actually feature in his prejudice league table) as they seem to be his Achilles' heel when it comes to grandiose predictions, Leighton Baines and all that.

SHut up ya daft cunt.

Everton weren't getting any points at the time, and they were actually playing shit. Whereas Blackburn were playing OK and not getting any points with loads of players to come back from injury. Everton's fortunes changed with their three inspired window signings, particularly Pienaar.

50 from me too

You'll be praying for an early May Moysie departure ok Ewerk its a deal. Sputnik I'll take your bet too.

Stevie, you did take the bet from LBT so don't try and get out of it.