Livorno's Piermario Morosini dies

henda11

Mino Favini of Atalanta on Morosini—"He lost his parents young…and his brother recently committed suicide. He had the most unfortunate life"

Poor bastard. RIP.

His heavily handicapped sister who he had the responsibility and cared for is the only one left in a once five strong family.

Absolutely horrific :(

Mino Favini of Atalanta on Morosini—"He lost his parents young…and his brother recently committed suicide. He had the most unfortunate life"

Poor bastard. RIP.

His heavily handicapped sister who he had the responsibility and cared for is the only one left in a once five strong family.

Absolutely horrific :(

http://www.football-italia.net/17735/udinese-look-after-morosinis-sister

Udinese to look after Morosini's sister. Top gesture by the club and Di Natale.

Muamba, 24, Morosini, 25. Scary that these are two guys scarcely older than I am but i'm lucky enough to be healthy.

Tragic that he couldn't be saved, top gesture from Udinese that.

Poor guy, at least he died playing a sport he loved.

Something fishy imo about very fit young guys suffering from heart attacks.

RIP, it's tragic.

people will always go to that conclusion but there are plenty of reasons why stuff like this happens beyond drugs (either performance enhancing or otherwise)

RIP, it's tragic.

people will always go to that conclusion but there are plenty of reasons why stuff like this happens beyond drugs (either performance enhancing or otherwise)

You're right of course. I vaguely recall reading a top Italian team (Juve?) was implicated with steroid abuse,,,,perhaps I'm being unduly cynical (and ignorant) about the reasons for this.

There seems to be a little uncertainty over whether it was a cardiac arrest or cerebral aneurism which killed him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2012-04-15-3031344729_x.htm

They are different cases, with different problems," said professor Eugenio Martuscelli, a cardiologist at the Tor Vergata hospital in Rome. "For Morosini, we have to wait for the autopsy to understand well what was the real cause of death. Because the reasons could be different: cardiac, rupture of the aorta or a cerebral hemorrhage. In the latter two cases there would have been little to do and it would have also been difficult to identify potential problems beforehand to prevent it.

Either way, it's fucking tragic

Edited by Monkeys Fist

RIP, it's tragic.

yea i think theres something fishy to what is causeing thease heart attacks is it just coincidence or something behind it

Awful, such a shame, RIP... Nice that when someone I know did a facebook status about it someone commented about loadsa kids dying in Africa which means we shouldn't be bothered...

I got a "wah wah wah our troops in Afghanistan" comment when Gary Speed died. Fucking wankers.

"It is possible the collapse was caused by an aneurysm (a swollen or even burst blood vessel, most often in the brain), especially as a few minutes before the incident he had accidentally clashed heads with Pescara player Emmanuel Cascione."

-www.football-italia.net

RIP Piermario