Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather we signed Jonson than Carrol tbh. I think we can look very one dimentional attacking if we don't have Cabaye and Ben Arfa. He would alliviate some of the pressure on them and provide further options in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-2-1.

He'll be a good signing for the scum although I think he's a class above them like.

What is our 'wage structure' exactly? If we wanna be breaking into the CL won't we have to think about restructuring at some point?

We probably would if we broke into the Champions League. I'd be surprised if G.Carr didn't have tiers of players that he looks at, the better we perform in the league, or the more attractive we become by other means the higher tier he focuses upon.

bit of a chicken/egg arguement though.

Getting to CL with players like simpson and Williamson on the pitch is going to be a tall order this season.

Nah, it's an evolution question.

The players that got us 5th last season weren't expected to. You buy a player that will improve you and they may very well take you 2 steps up, not just one. We need to improve the back line, for sure, but Douglas isn't a centre half that would definitely get us to the CL but he's a dramatic improvement on Williamson and Taylor. With him and Colo I'd be far more confident about getting into the Europa League once more.

What I mean is, we don't have to go and buy Champions League players to get into the CL.

Wage str

What is our 'wage structure' exactly? If we wanna be breaking into the CL won't we have to think about restructuring at some point?

Wage structure is £45k a week tops.

However, it is "broken" by way of paying out some canny chunky appearance bonuses. Ba's contract is like that, where his basic is about £25k but he gets a shit load for playing games, thereby removing some of the financial risk if he was to knack his knee.

I imagine we'd have a similar system if we qualified for the CL. Same structure, but big bonuses for every CL game played and another big bonus for qualifying for it in the first place. It's performance related pay and it appears to be working.

However, I wouldn't put any money on us qualifying for the CL any time soon. Top 6 again this season would be another cracking year.

Nah, it's an evolution question.

The players that got us 5th last season weren't expected to. You buy a player that will improve you and they may very well take you 2 steps up, not just one. We need to improve the back line, for sure, but Douglas isn't a centre half that would definitely get us to the CL but he's a dramatic improvement on Williamson and Taylor. With him and Colo I'd be far more confident about getting into the Europa League once more.

What I mean is, we don't have to go and buy Champions League players to get into the CL.

How many times have you seen Douglas play?

WIth the amount of talent chelsea is piling on they are basically doing a City.

Our hope lies with arsenal and tottenham underperforming. Arsenal unfortunately have signed alot of good players as well.

Cant really see either Arsenal or Chelsea getting less than 70 points this season...

Adam Johnson is a great signing for the mackems. I'd like him here myself.

Johnson would be a good signing for anybody. It's sad that a local lad of such quality can come on the market and we can't compete for his signature.

It's even worse when you think we have to watch obertan instead.

Johnson would be nothing more than a squad player for us so there's no way we'd pay him what he wants. Whereas he's a big improvement for the Mackems at the current level they are at, hence why they've had to cave in to his big wage demands.

Johnson would be a good signing for anybody. It's sad that a local lad of such quality can come on the market and we can't compete for his signature.

It's even worse when you think we have to watch obertan instead.

Course we can compete for his signature, we just didn't. There's a world of difference, but don't let accuracy get in the way of a good moan.

Can't you see that one little word changes the whole context of your statement?

Don't you think you are being a little anal?

Either way, we don't compete for a very good player who actually supported the team as a kid, so you'd think it would be a dream move for him.