Chelsea vs Newcastle United Wed 2 May 2012 7.45pm

Andrew

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a copy of the match tape to Munich.

Flip a cheeky one the way of the Nou Camp as well.

Santon is a bit overconfident at times. Tried this sweeping pass to Jonas I think it was which took half our team out and ended up getting intercepted. Other than that he was class and his defensive teammatess were solid too.

That pass was ordinary, agreed. He looks fantastic getting forward where it actually works in his favour being right footed (against right footed defenders). Has quality on the ball and isn't afraid to take on his man.

Taylor v mackems

Sammi v Scunthorpe

Best v Fulham

Cisse x 2@ Chelsea

Cisse v Villa

Guthrie @ Fulham

cabaye v manutd

Ba v Manutd

Ba v West Brom

Cabaye v Wigan

Taylor v Everton

HBA v Bolton & Blackburn

Jonas v Wolves & Blackburn

Ba's 2 against Norwich were both excellent too.

Forgetting Cisse v Swansea!

To be honest, Jonas was exhausted out there and I would rather have seen Ferguson (was he on the bench?) brought on for him than Obertan for Ben Arfa

At the half I think Jonas was 3rd or 4th overall in the ground covered stakes. Worked hard and combined well with Santon, but like HBA faded late as a result of the early effort. Could do with a little rest.

Edited by OTF

At the half I think Jonas was 3rd or 4th overall in the ground covered stakes. Worked hard and combined well with Santon, but like HBA faded late as a result of the early effort. Could do with a little rest.

He's been like that all season like. I wouldn't be surprised if he's covered the most ground of any of our players this season, he's only missed the one game for suspension and the work rate of the fella if outstanding, I think he's been a big part of our defensive efforts all season. He's one of my favourite players, a real asset to the team.

When Mike Williamson is doing little tricks to get past Chelsea players, you know it's going to be a good night

That was probably the most astonishing part of the night like! Willo, who normally looks terrified if the ball comes near him, going for a stopover and whipping back a couple of their players down the right wing. And in the same phase of play Ben Arfa whacked in to win a 50-50 if I recall correctly!