Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paulfraserecho Paul Fraser

RT @PremierLeagueCF: Top work @JonPijnen_TV picking up exclusive shots of DavideSanton leaving Newcastle hotel this morning. Medical now.

:D

Is this just Twitter boleks though? :D

Get over there in your cab, man, have a look :D

Dont think so, the local journos are all re-tweeting it.

I wonder if the club will use this as a way of getting down a fee for Cissokho, while quietly peddling Simpson to QPR?

I'd settle for that like. Given my successfully lowered expectations of course :D

I wonder if the club will use this as a way of getting down a fee for Cissokho, while quietly peddling Simpson to QPR?

I'd settle for that like. Given my successfully lowered expectations of course :D

:D nice work.

When was the last time you smiled, Sniffer?

i honestly reckon Sniffer's been to jail I'd put money on the fact he has a bluebird tattooed on his neck or something equally as pathetic and has led a Nick Cotton like life. Miserable cunt.

I won't be happy with this transfer window unless we sign another three decent players, but what some people expect on here is beyond belief. Those morons are first to give the new players stick in the stadium instead of supporting them.

I won't be happy with this transfer window unless we sign another three decent players, but what some people expect on here is beyond belief. Those morons are first to give the new players stick in the stadium instead of supporting them.

I've stopped going to games so as to not fall into this trap any more. The games are all on at my local anyway so I can shout at them there with complete impunity. I like to think of myself as the new, more savvy breed of soopafan tbh.

Hopefully he signs... and now we MUST get a striker... off load Best and Ranger. Keep Love as tbh the guy can score when in a decent position and I see him getting more goals coming off the bench than the above two!..

Then hopefully Ba will get some match fitness - liked the shot he took that skimmed off the Fulham bar - maybe a sign of what he can do..

Then we need to start playing "Sexy football" :D

Sounds like this could be an excellent signing. I don't think it would be bad him playing at left back either, he has done well there for a massive club and kept that Christiano Ronaldo chap quiet playing at left back.

I don't rate Best but I'd be inclined to get rid of Lovenkrands first. Doubt either are on big wages though so it's not necessary to bin either (neither is a new striker arriving dependent on either going imo). Can't see Ranger going anywhere either with no on interested and most of a 5 and 1/2 year contract still to run.

I don't rate Best but I'd be inclined to get rid of Lovenkrands first. Doubt either are on big wages though so it's not necessary to bin either (neither is a new striker arriving dependent on either going imo). Can't see Ranger going anywhere either with no on interested and most of a 5 and 1/2 year contract still to run.

Yes. I can see gangstaman getting convicted of GBH and having his contract cancelled. Don't see the point of Lovenkrands really.

Hopefully he signs... and now we MUST get a striker... off load Best and Ranger. Keep Love as tbh the guy can score when in a decent position and I see him getting more goals coming off the bench than the above two!..

Then hopefully Ba will get some match fitness - liked the shot he took that skimmed off the Fulham bar - maybe a sign of what he can do..

Then we need to start playing "Sexy football" :D

As opposed to Best's 8 goals in 11 premiership games (with another perfectly good goal ruled out)? :D

Sounds like Santon is all but a done deal. Have to say I think the club have done well here and before this all started I'd have taken him over Pieters from PSV. Quite surprised and pleased by this one tbh. Credit where it's due.

Still a bunch of cunts like. :D

Best has a cracking record and probably the quickest feet at the club.

No one is ever going to think he's the answer but at least he can hit the onion bag.

However, we need a proper striker, I'll turn a blind eye to the LB debacle if we get a proper striker in.

Sounds like Santon is all but a done deal. Have to say I think the club have done well here and before this all started I'd have taken him over Pieters from PSV. Quite surprised and pleased by this one tbh. Credit where it's due.

Wouldn't it be great if we signed Pieters or Cissokho as well? I realise it won't happen.

Wouldn't it be great if we signed Pieters or Cissokho as well? I realise it won't happen.

Be nice to sign Santon first like.

Best has a cracking record and probably the quickest feet at the club.

No one is ever going to think he's the answer but at least he can hit the onion bag.

However, we need a proper striker, I'll turn a blind eye to the LB debacle if we get a proper striker in.

By the sounds of it despite his goal record Pardew still isn't convinced with Best either. At times he is frustrating to watch but I would like to keep him.

Agreed.

Be nice to sign Santon first like.

True :D

Mourinho had said: “Santon is simply a phenomenon.

“At Inter we knew he could play against almost any team in Serie A.

“He is the type of player who could become the new Maldini or Zanetti over the next few years, I am sure of that.

“He needs a manager who can stand by him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1WabyxhR7

:D

Gemmill, you could ask the same about Cabaye. £4.8m or whatever looks like a complete steal, why weren't there better clubs in for him?

I still don't understand why there weren't more clubs in for Jose at £6m but for whatever reason these things happen.