Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed up with Spain now. For all people go on about their beautiful way of playing - that game against France was just anti-football. For all the ability they have in the squad, they just pass it around in their own half and do nowt. They were gifted two goals by the french, simple as that. If the french had taken the game to them then the Spanish were there for the taking.

Fabregas is ridiculously overrated and all. He only looks decent when the team around him is 3+ goals to the good. Nowt but a cheating little shit with massive delusions of grandeur. Amazing that he gets a game as the 'ghost striker' when Torres and Llorente are on the bench. Is Soldado even at the tournament?

It'll be Germany v Spain in the final and Germany will hammer them. Not even a scrappy 1-0, i'm saying 3-0 at the least.

Better team won, but Young was abject and I can't for the life of me work out why he remained on the pitch when Wellbeck was removed.

Fabregas is ridiculously overrated and all. He only looks decent when the team around him is 3+ goals to the good. Nowt but a cheating little shit with massive delusions of grandeur. Amazing that he gets a game as the 'ghost striker' when Torres and Llorente are on the bench. Is Soldado even at the tournament?

It'll be Germany v Spain in the final and Germany will hammer them. Not even a scrappy 1-0, i'm saying 3-0 at the least.

Not being funny but the football world rates Fabregas highly because of what he achieved at Arsenal, and you can't really say he only played well for them when they were 3 goals to the good. And he seems pretty down to earth to me for a big name player. not much of an ego and hardy cheats any more than most of his teammates.

But hey if you think you know better than Barca who saw fit to spend major money on him a year ago then fair play to you ;)

Also Spain have far more experience thah a lot of the German team, and the Germans have only come up against one supposedly decent team (the Dutch) so far this tournament so I wouldn't go too overboard on the likelihood of them beating Spain should they meet in the final.

Not being funny but the football world rates Fabregas highly because of what he achieved at Arsenal, and you can't really say he only played well for them when they were 3 goals to the good. And he seems pretty down to earth to me for a big name player. not much of an ego and hardy cheats any more than most of his teammates.

But hey if you think you know better than Barca who saw fit to spend major money on him a year ago then fair play to you ;)

Also Spain have far more experience thah a lot of the German team, and the Germans have only come up against one supposedly decent team (the Dutch) so far this tournament so I wouldn't go too overboard on the likelihood of them beating Spain should they meet in the final.

What did he achieve at Arsenal?

If they play 4-6-0 against the Germans then they'll be overwhelmed.

Agreed that the Spanish no striker formation thing is weird, though.

Soldado isn't at the tournament, Negredo is. Soldado scored more last season. I'd have said it would have made sense to have taken 4 strikers with them but in hindsight it'd have been pointless.

It's Llorente I expected to see play a lot this tournament. But if they can win the thing without him then who am I to judge.

Better team won, but Young was abject and I can't for the life of me work out why he remained on the pitch when Wellbeck was removed.

I agree.

And why did the fucking twat take a pen ?

Quick reminder that CT thought we would win 4-1 last night.

:lol: High on St George's Cross trifle, wiping whipped cream from his face with the back of his hand, "Aye 4-1. Me and the boy are watching the game on inflatable St George's Cross armchairs. Faces are already painted. Easy win for England."

Worked out who Balotelli reminds me of while watching that match the other night btw: Adebisi off Oz. It's the way he stares at people, like when he was walking up to take his penalty. I can imagine him telling someone to "Bring me some tits."

What did he achieve at Arsenal?

If they play 4-6-0 against the Germans then they'll be overwhelmed.

What did Shearer achieve at us? He must've been overrated too.

Worked out who Balotelli reminds me of while watching that match the other night btw: Adebisi off Oz. It's the way he stares at people, like when he was walking up to take his penalty. I can imagine him telling someone to "Bring me some tits."

:lol: Spot on like. Don't know if I can imagine him injecting people with HIV when they're doing a bit of rehab with the physio mind.

CT has a look of Schillinger about him actually. Just as well England got knocked out, cos I could see him carving the St George cross into his neighbour's arse cheek as his pre match ritual for the final.

Edited by Gemmill

CT has a look of Schillinger about him actually. Just as well England got knocked out, cos I could see him carving the St George cross into his neighbour's arse cheek as his pre match ritual for the final.

:lol: He does as well.

:lol: class

:lol: Bunting sales through the roof in Poundland.

UEFA have turned down Spain's official request to have a minute's silence for Miki Roque. They also had an informal request for a minute's silence on behalf of Manuel Preciado turned down too.

However France were allowed a minute's silence for Thierry Roland.

Shameful.

UEFA have turned down Spain's official request to have a minute's silence for Miki Roque. They also had an informal request for a minute's silence on behalf of Manuel Preciado turned down too.

However France were allowed a minute's silence for Thierry Roland.

Shameful.

piss poor that brock...by you

In a statement on their website, Uefa said: “Further to media reports of the alleged refusal to allow a minute of silence in memory of Spanish football player Miki Roque ahead of tonight's Uefa Euro 2012 semi-final between Spain and Portugal, Uefa would like to underline that it has not received any such request from the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF).

“Articles reporting its rejection by Uefa are therefore totally unfounded.”

Uefa did not allow a minute's silence for Thierry Ronald ahead of France's clash with Sweden during the group stages, even though the French journalist was a close friend of president Michel Platini.

piss poor that brock...by you

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/uefa-reject-spanish-request-minutes-135348106.html

The 23-year-old former Liverpool defender died earlier this week after losing a battle with cancer - and the Spanish national team asked for the chance to honour him before their Euro 2012 semi-final against Portugal on Wednesday night.

UEFA declined the Spaniards' request despite having allowed France to hold a minute's silence before their match with Sweden following the death of renowned French football journalist and commentator Thierry Roland.

"It is embarrassing that UEFA president Michel Platini authorised a minute's silence for Roland and not for Roque," said Eurosport's Spanish website.

"The embarrassment is even greater considering Roland was a personal friend of Platini's."

Daily newspapers Sport and AS along with radio station Cadena COPE also criticised the decision.

Football fans throughout the world took to Twitter to voice their disapproval at UEFA's decision and #OneMinuteForMiki and #UnMinutoParaMiki were both quickly trending.

It is the second time at these championships that UEFA has blocked a Spanish request for a minute's silence.

Spain asked to pay tribute to Manuel Preciado before their opening game with Italy; Preciado was a coach who died of a heart attack earlier this month just a day after taking charge of Villarreal.

On that occasion the request from the Spanish Federation was an informal one, but they went through official avenues to request a minute's silence for Roque.

Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta has already said Spain want to go on and win the tournament for Roque.

"When you talk about Miki, we will be thinking of him and his family during the match," he said in the build-up to the Portugal semi.

"They have suffered for his loss. If we reach the final, I hope we can dedicate it to him and I hope we can dedicate the trophy to him as well."