Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Arfa seems to me that he's playing within himself which might be a bi-product of him trying to make up for any past discretions as he knows the microscope is on him and he's trying to play it safer rather than suffer those past labels of not being a team player etc.

It doesn't help him as well mind that the likes of Nasri and Ribery seem reluctant to pass to him and in the past he would maybe have lost his temper and tried to do things all by himself.

I hope Sweden do us a favour the neet, because Italy are shite. I don't like how they play, their players are far from top class they'd be there for the taking. Spain on the other hand are much better than we are, and we'd need loads of luck to get through. That fucking goal at the end was significant because it would've meant Germany v Spain in the Semi if it hadn't have happened.

FWIW I think the neet will be a shite game and we'll sneak it 1-0. Before a ball was kicked I said Sweden were one of the poorest sides in the tournament, what I've seen so far enhances that, and I don't hold much hope for them against France but you never know. The thing with France sometimes, I don't think it's the talent, it's their formation and actual desire that holds them back. Man for man I honestly believe they're better than Germany, but have half of their application.

Spot on that apart from it being a shit match, the intensity was good from both sides. Quality not high but it was entertaining.

Spot on that apart from it being a shit match, the intensity was good from both sides. Quality not high but it was entertaining.

Agreed, will be interesting to see how much of a focus is put on the 'goal/not goal' despite the ukraine lad being offside, but in general despite some general sloppiness both teams had some decent opportunities and there was some nice passing.

i STILL don't understand why milner is getting any game time ahead of Walcott, youth and impact sub excuses kind of pale when the most milner managed all night was one cross into the box (though that's one more than some alternatives managed all season) and the lack of Carroll is baffling, i'll admit to still being a little sore on the lad, but theres a reason why the likes of crouch always performed relatively well for england, tall powerful english centre forwards are not something many euro (or abroad in general teams) can handle, and i've no doubt by the end of the first half there's at least 2 chances he would have put away.

Regardless we are through so keep on being merry and hoping for the best, hitting where we are right now with what we had available at the start of the tournament is a decent effort.

And what the hell happened to france tonight? missed the game obviously, was it as one sided as the scoreline suggests?

Stevie you call Italy shite yet I'd love us to have an aged Pirlo and De Rossi in the centre of the park for England.

Aye, they'll keep the ball and use it much more efficiently than use thanks to those two

France type performance needed but better I think. Well have to step it up going forward, drop milner for walcott for the pace.

Aye, they'll keep the ball and use it much more efficiently than use thanks to those two

France type performance needed but better I think. Well have to step it up going forward, drop milner for walcott for the pace.

I don't think Italy are anything like France, couldn't be much less like them, will be a completely different game to the opener. I'm quite confident, it's a dream for England getting them instead of Spain. Completely different scenario to the first game, Italy have a tenth of the attacking potential of France, they're just too slow, in my view, and they don't have quality all over the park by any stretch of the imagination. We'll come unstuck against a side with lots of pace and incisiveness, Italy are definitely not that team in my view.

Stevie you call Italy shite yet I'd love us to have an aged Pirlo and De Rossi in the centre of the park for England.

Well that's yee. I'd rather have Gerrard than both, who if he keeps going the way he is will have a sneak for player of the tournament. de Rossi has been a decent player throughout his career, but he's also been vastly overrated, he's never been no where near the level of a Vieira, Keane, or even someone like Guardiola when he played. Now he's even slower, and while Pirlo is technically a good player he's without question not what he was, and it's noticable that Italy have tired in the later parts of games. Ireland were better than them for long spells, Russia demolished them 3 weeks ago 3-0 with their best side out, I've got far less worries about this game than the France game. Absolute result for us getting Italy, and as long as cockiness doesn't envelop us we'll be OK.

Di Natale despite his age isn't slow and neither is Balotelli.

Di Natale despite his age isn't slow and neither is Balotelli.

He missed an absolute sitter against Spain di Natale, he's alright though, not one to have sleepless nights about but a competent striker, and as for Balotelli everybody who's ever seen him knows that there's more chance of him being shite than good. Even the Italians acknowledge pace is one of their handicaps.