NUFC Pre Season 2012 - 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Hopefully we can rack up a cricket score against the team that beat the m*ckems without:

Cisse

Ba

Ben Arfa

Jonas

Cabaye

Tiote

Santon

Colocinni

Krul

Basically, our 2nd XI!!

Small no of fans singing Ashley out chants at Hartlepool.

Fucking hell, we really have some thick supporters like. Assuming they are NUFC fans like.

Made up by a troglodyte from down the road thankfully.

Nice finish by Vuckic there. Should do good for him confidence-wise I hope.

Still can't make my mind up about him...

but Bigi again received a lot of praise.

Bigi came on at Den Haag at the weekend and looked confident and assured....didnt do much, just looked like he had a spark, demanding the ball etc. Hopefuly we'll put a few past Cardiff at the weekend too. Cabaye didnt appear at either game, not sure what that suggests...he came on at Braga, but hasnt even been on the bench since.

Still can't make my mind up about him...

I'm a bit the same. Sometimes he looks really assured other times he gives the ball away cheaply and looks completely out of his depth. Overall though I think he'll turn out to be a good player. Hopefully he can avoid injuries this year and get alot of games.

It was an easy run out against Pool's for Newcastle. Marveaux is looking really good and so is Amafitano. Pool's very rarely threatened us and apart from their goal which looked offside to me, I think they only had a few weak attempts straight into Harpers hands.

There was some good old tit for tat banter between the Pool's and Newcastle fans. The Newcastle fans had the full mill house stand and filled that. I thought more Pool's fans would have shown up though.

Overall it was a good night and great to see Newcastle's younguns in good fettle

Guest CabayeAye

Ameobi is genuinely quite a good striker. I get a feeling that he will feature a fair amount this season. Hopefully he will crack double figures.

Ameobi is best employed as an impact striker for the remainder of his career as this is where he can hurt the opposition in the last 20/30 minutes of a game when he's fresh and they are floundering a bit.

I'm not so keen on him starting games as he steadily becomes a passenger as the game wears on.

I still like Shola though as he is Newcastle through and through and is still a danger to the opposition so he is an asset, just best deployed in the latter rather than the first stage of a match.

Completely agree. Last season was the best he has looked for a while. This was mostly with him coming on in the second half.

Cracking goal from Obertan

'twas decent.

My favourite part of the clip was Shola's penalty appeal to stretch to sock pullup transitions. Cool as fuck.