Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've absolutely loved this olympics - everything about it. firstly the opening ceremony, which was a triumph, i've loved reporting on it for work, going to watch events, watching it on tv and online around the clock thanks to the beeb.

one of the best things has just been the buzz in london. first of all, getting around's been a piece of piss because loads of people were scared away with all the talk of getting ahead of the games and the overcrowding that never materialised. the volunteers have just been so nice. it's been like living in disney land for two weeks everyone smiling, talking to each other - even on the tube ffs! you know the games has caught the imagination because this never happens usually.

then there's the performances of team GB. truly inspiring and really shows up the footballers for the bunch of overpaid, spineless turds they are. i was in the pub the other night and everyone was talking about show jumping and gymnastics. quality.

Edited by Dr Gloom

i've absolutely loved this olympics - everything about it. firstly the opening ceremony, which was a triumph, i've loved reporting on it for work, going to watch events, watching it on tv and online around the clock thanks to the beeb.

one of the best things has just been the buzz in london. first of all, getting around's been a piece of piss because loads of people were scared away with all the talk of getting ahead of the games and the overcrowding that never materialised. the volunteers have just been so nice. it's been like living in disney land for two weeks everyone smiling, talking to each other - even on the tube ffs! you know the games has caught the imagination because this never happens usually.

then there's the performances of team GB. truly inspiring and really shows up the footballers for the bunch of overpaid, spineless turds they are. i was in the pub the other night and everyone was talking about show jumping and gymnastics. quality.

Superb :)

Dr Happy!

Because they paid an awful lot of money for the broadcast rights?

Yeah...with oodles of public money! Thats why am single-ing them out, that just isnt on. A woman paid to read the news Monday-Friday shouldnt be in the stadium on a Sunday night on a freebie when Chris Hoy's folks had to go to the press to get in to the Velodrome.

And that still doesnt explain why BBC staff got in for fuck all.

Because they paid an awful lot of money for the broadcast rights?

Fair play if you can get in for fuck all, I'm sure you would and I certainly did.

They didn't spend any extra to get those tickets though, it's all part of the deal.

And I'm guessing that all athletes regardless of nationality got two tickets, that's the real problem. Would it have been a major issue to give them six each?

I enjoyed Inverdale's subtle crack after the Australian lass won a track gold last night "despite reports to the contrary, Australia haven't boycotted The Games" :)

–----------

'It's fair to say that the Australians are not having a good Olympics. In fact the last Australian to have something hanging off his chest was Steve Irwin .'

They didn't spend any extra to get those tickets though, it's all part of the deal.

And I'm guessing that all athletes regardless of nationality got two tickets, that's the real problem. Would it have been a major issue to give them six each?

Do you know how many athletes there are competing? over 10,000.

Six would be a bit too much imo.

What tickets?....do you think George Riley of 5live needed a ticket for the Velodrome yesterday?...he said he'd been "lucky enough to haqve been there" at 6am this morning, doing his "sports monkey" bit on the breakfast show...I'd have imagined his BBC media pass would have sufficed. Is that fair seeing as Hoy's parents had to beg? I know how things go in life, freeloading is part of it. But we do still have the right to piss and moan about it, unless we're Cuba all of a fuckin sudden. Maybe I'm just not making things clear enough...Why did Hoy's parents go to the press?

Fair play if you can get in for fuck all, I'm sure you would and I certainly did.

If youve been to Iraq or Afghnistan and been shot at or a likely to pretty soon I'd say fair play to you mate. If not....rocky ground iyam.

Edited by PaddockLad

5Live saying that the Dunblane post box is going to be getting another lick of gold paint as Murray fans have been chipping flecks off as souvenirs .

Dear deuce .

Must be a very small post box ........

If youve been to Iraq or Afghnistan and been shot at or a likely to pretty soon I'd say fair play to you mate. If not....rocky ground iyam.

I see where your coming from tbh but when you've got over 10,000 athletes competing it must be hard to get tickets for all of them. A lot of the media in the venues will also not be taking up tickets as they will be in the press areas but get to watch the action.

5Live saying that the Dunblane post box is going to be getting another lick of gold paint as Murray fans have been chipping flecks off as souvenirs .

Dear deuce .

Typical jocks, they'll be mailing it into www.cash4mygold.co.uk.

72% of L'Equipe readers think we cheated.

2012 will not be a good year for French wines.

http://ht.ly/cOLr0

Openly stating we are cheats on national television, apparently it's justified because of Hindes statement (which I thought was a joke at the time but maybe he was serious) and Zac Purchase's seat coming off. From this we've had the Director of French cycling hypothesizing in an interview on Rue89 that we have introduced a special cheating mechanism inside the wheels which uses inertia to generate more speed. I thought Brailsford's response was too self-satisfied, he should have demanded an apology.