Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

Mind if Pistorius is allowed in the Olympics, I assume there's a case for letting able-bodied people do the wheelchair races.

But your legs would weigh you down, you'd need them to shrivel up. It's likely a legless athlete would smash an able bodied competitor.

However your point stands and if it's your dream I won't stand in your way.

Edited by trophyshy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once got into a heated debate with a Paralympian over the validity of the Paralympics, saying they were basically just a massive nod to PC

bullshit, whereas he reckoned they meant as much as the regular Olympics.

I won of course, he didn't have a leg to stand on.

:lol:

Fair play to the lass that won gold in the boxing today .

Quite a change in direction since presenting Blue Peter .

Free Nandos for life for her now like.

Has been an excellent Olympics so far. Where has this Great Britain been in the past? Making me proud to be part of the Commonwealth! aussie.gif

That lass winning the taekwondo last night was brilliant. Flinging her head guard up in the air and just running around with this mad grin on her face.

19 year old man! Think back to what you were doing at 19, this lass from some nowhere town in Wales is an Olympic champion. :lol:

That lass winning the taekwondo last night was brilliant. Flinging her head guard up in the air and just running around with this mad grin on her face.

19 year old man! Think back to what you were doing at 19, this lass from some nowhere town in Wales is an Olympic champion. :lol:

Just watching Rudisha's 800m from last night again, and fucking hell. It's quite brilliant that the Olympics can allow both Jade and him to be champions. :)