Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

That 800 was the highlight of the athletics for me last night, ahead of Bolt. That 1:41.73 record of Coe's is stuck in my head from childhood, and I know this bloke had already beaten that record, but to watch him basically just sprint for two laps, smash the world record and drag everyone behind him to lifetime bests/national records was crazy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree last night was fuckin epic....It was the greatest half mile race of all time. Rudisha breaks a huge barrier to get below 1min 41, but the thing is the GB lad Andrew Osagie ran 1-43.77 and finsihed in last place...that time would have won him gold at Beijing only 4 years ago.

The lass from Leeds who won the boxing produced one of the great Olympic gold medal displays...she demolished the Chinese girl. Never seen tae kwon do before but it looks a great martial art to actually watch, the scoring seems to be very fast and can change quickly, lots of flying kicks to the head etc...to be fair, she'd get it too, which am sure is the forefront of her thinking this morning...."wonder what faceless internet tosspots want to shag me now I won a gold..." :D

aye, i saw that. surely he's on the wind up. how do you break your leg running around a track?

Was going up some stairs and missed a step the other day apparently, which is where the damage was done. Then it just went in the run. It's confirmed broke, so he's definitely not swinging the lead.

Good luck to Sarah Stevenson in the taekwondo today. Lost both of her parents to cancer within 3 months of each other recently. I think even i'll be bubbling if she can pick up a medal today.

Ouch.

Really not a fan of TKD especially the stuff they serve up in the Olympics but good luck to her.

Ouch.

Really not a fan of TKD especially the stuff they serve up in the Olympics but good luck to her.

what is it you do?...is the tkd at the olympics different to normal tkd then?...is it like the boxing i.e. a lot more protection?...

Jiu Jitsu. As most people here know already ;)

I'm not too familiar with TKD but I have seen sparring that actually looks more like people fighting rather than just waving their legs at each other - to me anyway, and I'm sure people would say similar things about Jitsu or judo. Clearly, it's just not my thing.

Guest CabayeAye

Far too many 'Hi Yah!s' for my liking. Not sure what that point of a martial art is if it cant at least be partially applied in a real fight

TKD is a sport, rather than a martial art, isn't it?

TKD is completely useless in a fight. A Ju Jitsu fighter would destroy a TKD player in nano seconds in a fight. It's just gay kicks with no power and nowt else.

Guest CabayeAye

This TKD is properly gay. I'm actually ambivalent about whether the Brit wins or not because it's such an embarrasment.

Get three points if you touch his head with your foot, but power and staying on your feet are irrelevant.

I just want to step into the ring and beat the shit out of the pair of them for being such little pussies.

This TKD is properly gay. I'm actually ambivalent about whether the Brit wins or not because it's such an embarrasment.

Get three points if you touch his head with your foot, but power and staying on your feet are irrelevant.

I just want to step into the ring and beat the shit out of the pair of them for being such little pussies.

:pmsl: