Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Christmas Tree

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in the world iritates me more than players standing with their hands in the air praying for an offside to cover something up, try recover and worry about the freekick you may get after.

The incident where the ball went out (when Pardew gave the lino a nudge) was another example. Simpson stopped dead and let Lennon (I think it was Lennon) run away without a challenge, whilst he appealed to the referee for a throw in. He continued appealing for the next 5 seconds whilst Lennon ran into space.

Surely he knows the phrase, "play to the whistle"?

The sooner we get shot of this numpty, the better.

no it isn't :lol: are you blind? the commentator even tells you "DeFoe is denied by Krul" here have a picture below

let's not make assumptions about what i would or wouldn't post, perch did really well towards the end of last year, this does not make him immune from criticism when he's a pillock at the back.

Nothing in the world iritates me more than players standing with their hands in the air praying for an offside to cover something up, try recover and worry about the freekick you may get after.

ahem.jpg

Defoe's header wasn't on target until it hit Santon

no it isn't :lol: are you blind? the commentator even tells you "DeFoe is denied by Krul" here have a picture below

let's not make assumptions about what i would or wouldn't post, perch did really well towards the end of last year, this does not make him immune from criticism when he's a pillock at the back.

ahem.jpg

:lol: watch the clip I posted, It's clearly Santon who directs it at Krul and, to go along with your strange argument of 'oooo but the commentator said so' :lol: on this clip he says it's Santon.

He was trying to mark 3 players, successfully played Defoe offside and was close enough to him that Defoe wasn't able to get a decent head on it.

Edited by jonasjuice

I think looking back on it, their goal was probably Simpsons fault. If you look at the 1st phase of their attack when the ball is played wide left to Lennon, just how much space he is in and how out of position Simpson is. A fullbacks duty is to stop delivery from out wide. That there is where is should have been dealt with.

Arguments about Perch and Santon are futile. It should have been dealt with out wide.

That said, it was a soft goal aye, couple of positional errors but the goal did not cost us. It was our 1st game of the season.

After watching the highlights again i dont think Spurs deserved to win. A draw probably was a fair result. Both teams played some great stuff. Our move leading to Ba's goal was top 4 quality football.

Yeah and Simpson had a part to play in that goal but no-one ever praises him for it (whether Walker could have done better with Simpson's ball is another matter).

Why would someone praise him for being at fault? :P

He did well actually, him and Santon done well at FB but for me Simpson was still at fault for their goal. Just like Walker had a good game but was at fault for Ba's goal. The build up from us was exceptional.

Did anyone figure out what happened to marveux in the end?

Nothing has been made of it in the media and should there have been any ill doings then im pretty sure we'd have heard about it.

Like someone said yesterday it seems more a case of right time right place for Amalfitano.

Still, i think it should be club policy that for all squad members who are not in the match day squad should have to stay and watch the match.

sort've the point defoes header..

As opposed to "santon heading it towards goal" as jonasjuice put it

that's from the link you posted, not that other links of the same video matter as far as the rest goes *lets it go* i've not the time to be arsed with a debate on it today, i'll agree to disagree

:lol: So it was Santon that headed (or came off his head, however you enjoy saying it) it towards goal then not 'Defoe heading it at Krul'.

Not a debate, its black and white, but aye lets leave it there if you're just gonna get arsey about it.

The incident where the ball went out (when Pardew gave the lino a nudge) was another example. Simpson stopped dead and let Lennon (I think it was Lennon) run away without a challenge, whilst he appealed to the referee for a throw in. He continued appealing for the next 5 seconds whilst Lennon ran into space.

Surely he knows the phrase, "play to the whistle"?

The sooner we get shot of this numpty, the better.

As did HBA, you want rid of him an all?

Love it how some players can do no wrong and others get "wrong" hugely magnified.

Tiote was utter shit nearly all game yesterday but "he's not fit, needs a few games, always starts slow" Simpson was steady yet is monumentally and irredeemably shit. Laughable tbh.

I think looking back on it, their goal was probably Simpsons fault. If you look at the 1st phase of their attack when the ball is played wide left to Lennon, just how much space he is in and how out of position Simpson is. A fullbacks duty is to stop delivery from out wide. That there is where is should have been dealt with.

Arguments about Perch and Santon are futile. It should have been dealt with out wide.

That said, it was a soft goal aye, couple of positional errors but the goal did not cost us. It was our 1st game of the season.

After watching the highlights again i dont think Spurs deserved to win. A draw probably was a fair result. Both teams played some great stuff. Our move leading to Ba's goal was top 4 quality football.

It was Ben Arfa not tracking back that lead to Lennon having all the Space. Simpson was where he should have been.