Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Christmas Tree

Mind when Warnock called El Hadji Diouf a sewer rat?

Well he signed him for Leeds on Saturday. Disappointed in Warnock tbh, have some conviction in your views man.

Assume this is in the wrong thread - but anyway. Here's hoping he signed him to make him sit on the bench and be spat upon by opposing supporters.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 more sleeps and it's back!

What a fucking awesome day this is going to be. Going to be so drunk i'll be lucky to make it home.

Looking forward to all the fucked up missed posts in the match threads from the regular drunken match goers.

Happy Days!

Worrying to have this many injuries already. Hopefully there's some gamesmanship amongst them with Pardew keeping AVB guessing who they'll be lining up against.

Of those Colo out would be the biggest cause for concern.

We'll be alright, am sure all bar Ben Arfa will start. As long they do, we win the game its that simple. This week will be the start of Tottenham's decline in my view, I hope so because without any doubt they are our main rival in this league. We are both far away from Everton and Villa in terms of squad, size, finance, potential and stature, so anything less than 7th for both will be disappointing, we'll see though. I'm sticking with 2-0 to the toon. Would love Jenas to play.

.com also saying Ba and Cisse doubtful. Pretty much all our 'reliables' possibly not starting. Barfa, Cabaye, Cisse, Ba, Coloccini and Tiote. Brilliant.

There has to be some mind games in that list... otherwise.

...........................Krul...................................

Simpson......Taylor... Williamson.......Santon

..Obertan......Bigi.....Abeid............Jonas......

.....................Marveaux................................

..............................Shola.............................

Subs: Harper, Perch, Amalfitano, Sammy, R. Taylor, Vuckic, Gosling.

I've got a right downer on football, partly cos of the Olympics. Footballers are all knobs and the game is massively overhyped. It's dominated by money factors and just gets less appealing every season. The most prestigious club tournament is rigged in favour of the big clubs, and the more you look at FFP the more it looks like a way of freezing everyone else out of the biggest action.

I'd say I fell 70% out of love with football a few years ago, and have racked up a few extra percentage points this summer.

So aye, there you go. Cheer up, me.

Welcome to my world ;)

Tbf I think the injuries mentioned will be Pardew trying to keep them out of the midweek friendlies so theyre fit for Saturday. At least 3 of them will start IMO

Excellent point well made.

Spurs have got loads of problems too....dos Santos, having missed pre-season by playing at the Olympics, is off with Brazil this week too :lol:

Looks like Livermore and Jenas in the centre of the park for them, and only Defoe up front....Defoe who scored a cracker at SJP last season like, but still...cant see their bench being anything to be scared of...

Looks like Livermore and Jenas in the centre of the park for them, and only Defoe up front....Defoe who scored a cracker at SJP last season like, but still...cant see their bench being anything to be scared of...

Not the greatest of defense from Raylor on that one...

Think we will see:

Krul,

Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Santon,

Obertan, Cabaye, Anita*, Jonas,

Ba, Cisse.

*If he signs. If not then Probably Gosling although i'd like to see Bigi given a go in the Tiote role.

Personally if Tiote and Ben Arfa arent fit enough then I'd rather see Marveaux start on the left and move Jonas to the right.

Amalfitano, Obertan and Shola on with 20mins to go.

2-1 Cabaye and Ba

Edited by StellarStripes

Looks like Coloccini will be fit and will start on Saturday. Thats a relief, i wouldnt want us to start the new season at home to another top 4 challenger without him. It will be good to see how him and Steven Taylor work together again after they were part of the team that seen us have the best defensive record in the country. My question is who is going to play RB and LB?. Ryan Taylor and Santon seem to have had more minutes than Simpson. I wouldnt be suprised if we see Santon at RB and Raylor at LB.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa are still doubts but i think Pardew is playing them down to maybe keep Spurs guessing on who will start. I think Cabaye will make it, Ben Arfa on the bench. Tiote to missout and Anita to step in. Jonas to stay in the team and start wide left. Obertan to start and start wide right in a four four two. Cisse trained well and will start where as there was no news on the fitness of Ba. Shola could start.

Krul,

Santon, S.Taylor, Coloccini ©, R.Taylor,

Obertan, Cabaye, Anita, Jonas,

Shola and Cisse.

A bench of: Harper, Simpson, Williamson, Gosling, Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Ba.

Ba on for Shola, Ben Arfa on for Obertan and Marveaux on for Jonas.

2-1 Cabaye and Ba.