• Colorado: 583 gun deaths, 565 motor vehicle deaths
  • Indiana: 735 gun deaths, 715 motor vehicle deaths
  • Michigan: 1,095 gun deaths, 977 motor vehicle deaths
  • Nevada: 406 gun deaths, 255 motor vehicle deaths
  • Oregon: 417 gun deaths, 394 motor vehicle deaths
  • Utah: 260 gun deaths, 256 motor vehicle deaths
  • Virginia: 836 gun deaths, 827 motor vehicle deaths
  • Washington: 623 gun deaths, 580 motor vehicle deaths

So fuck? Loads of people die in car crashes. Are you bored or something? Pick a better subect to take the piss out of next time, eh? Or I'll pop a cap in your ass.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of gun deaths are to do with crime (drugs) and poverty. The media very rarely cover that with the same zeal as they love to jump on tragedies like this. The media rarely if ever draw the proper corrolations between the underclass and guns and the entertainment industry (where the gun and violence is king) and the ongoing needless deaths across the country. Cause they aren't really that intrested in it in all reality and that's what brings in the big bucks.

It's easy to say gun laws are to blame. Too easy...That is what makes me anrgy. As the quote earlier says let's look at the real issues behind the american psyche and guns and mental health and poverty, rather than chase ratings on the back of what is yet another tragedy. It's nothing to do with fukin gun laws or gun use. The vast and overwhelming majority of americans never even use their guns.

But do they have the right to bear arms? Of course they do or we'd still be running the place.ate

As someone said on another forum it's imossible for us to understand the relationship americans have with thier guns and how ingrained it is in their culture (way of life).

Edited by Park Life

I wish the government in the US the best of luck convincing conservative americans that they have to take away their firearms, for their own good. The firearms they incidentally constitutionally have the right to carry spesifically to protect them against the government, the ones trying to take them away from them.

I wish the government in the US the best of luck convincing conservative americans that they have to take away their firearms, for their own good. The firearms they incidentally constitutionally have the right to carry spesifically to protect them against the government, the ones trying to take them away from them.

Yes because the constitution is really as relevant today as it was back then.

It's also unconstitutional to imprison citizens without trial. To assassinte them without charge. To have different legal frameworks in place for rich and poor, for white and Muslim.

Might as well disregard the outdated bits if the relevant bits are being ignored.

Think they're gonna toughen up the gun laws (and they should), don't think they're planning to disarm the civilian population - would lead to civil war. There are about 100k heavily armed militia who believe in the bible and the gun. ;)

I was reading yesterday that this lad's mam took him out of school and was home schooling him cos she didn't like what he was being taught at school. Then some wife on BBC Breakfast was saying that the mam was part of some Doomsday preppers cult and was building an arsenal for the apocalypse.

If any of that's true and you mix that with a kid with mental health problems, it was a recipe for disaster.

It's never going to happen - Obama knows he would be dead quicker than a JFK drive through Dallas if he tried to amend the US gun laws.

And he has way to many post president opportunities to waste on a fruitless cause.

I was reading yesterday that this lad's mam took him out of school and was home schooling him cos she didn't like what he was being taught at school. Then some wife on BBC Breakfast was saying that the mam was part of some Doomsday preppers cult and was building an arsenal for the apocalypse.

If any of that's true and you mix that with a kid with mental health problems, it was a recipe for disaster.

That's all true. She had the back garden landscaped so it would provide cover if there ever was a shootout or somesuch. All the guns were hers and the flak jacket.

Was she actually a teacher? I wasn't sure if that was misreported or not.

She's not on the list of teachers at that school (I looked) and they came out and said she never worked there at any capacity. Think that was just an early internet rumour. My conspiracy chums are running with the "Oh look the woman who wrote 'Hunger Games' lives down the road!!11 ;)