Other games

nortoon

Part of me thinks the fact Mourinho has been so accepting of the fact ManUtd were done by the ref and even said they would not have won it otherwise is designed to add salt to their wounds. I mean, the feeling that you were done by bad luck gets exponentially larger when the other party comes out and says they wouldnt have had a chance otherwise. Certainly wouldnt put it past Jose :lol:

Ferguson too much of a fanny to talk to the media, so Phelan steps in...

"We feel as though we had the tactics right for the game on such a big occasion. We felt we were comfortable at 0-0. It was where we wanted to be, then we scored the goal that put us in a commanding position.

"We were in reasonable control and then the game totally changed. The decision was amazing but we had to carry on because it is hard enough playing Real Madrid with 11 men.

"Referees are there to make decisions but there is also an element of doing the right thing. All the media and a television audience watching all over the world will have an opinion on the decision but it was a disappointing one and it spoiled the game."

First of all the goal they got didn't put them in a commanding position at all. It changed nothing. Madrid went to Old Trafford and had to score one at least. That didn't change after Man U's goal. It seems Madrid understood that a lot more than Man U did.

Second, the decision didn't spoil the game at all. Made it much more entertaining for me. Up until then you had a very cautious affair. It opened up nicely with chances aplenty at both ends afterwards. Would have been unmemorable if it petered out to a one nil own goal result with Van Persie and Ronaldo failing to live up to the big game.

Part of me thinks the fact Mourinho has been so accepting of the fact ManUtd were done by the ref and even said they would not have won it otherwise is designed to add salt to their wounds. I mean, the feeling that you were done by bad luck gets exponentially larger when the other party comes out and says they wouldnt have had a chance otherwise. Certainly wouldnt put it past Jose :lol:

I think, to all intents and purposes, Mourinho had a cracking night. Won the tie, progressed in the tournament, pleased his current employers, the controversy allowed him to humble himself in defeat thus pleasing his (likely) future employers, and, more importantly, gaining further favour with the English press. Good innings imo. Bet he had a cheeky smile to himself when he got a moment to digest what happened.

Edited by ADP

From the beeb :lol:

Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane on ITV: "I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It's dangerous play - it's a red card. You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself? Whether it's [a brave decision] or not, it's the right decision. Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter. Nani's a quick boy to go down anyway. He's not the bravest player on the planet."

Paddy Crerand, who played for Manchester United from 1963-1971, told BBC Radio Ulster: "Roy Keane was in a minority of one. Not one person said it was a red card except Roy. Does Roy want to be noticed?

"Why are we talking about Roy Keane? Why do we not talk about the 99.9% of people who said it wasn't a sending off. Why are we talking about Roy Keane - because he played for Manchester United. Well, let me tell you something. I played with Manchester United, I played in a European Cup final, Roy didn't. The referee was wrong."

:lol:

When was that?...around Christmas 1990?...anyone calling for his head after that is a touch on the misguided side..

Aye it was before their 1990 cup run. He didn't think he was good enough for Man U.

You've got to post them then! :lol:

I've gone for West Brom/Swansea DRAW Reading/Aston Villa DRAW. QPR WIN & Norwich WIN

As well as four draws & Everton to beat Wigan 3-1.