Would you drop Cisse?

colinh9

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisse was the best thing since sliced bread when we bought him and proved what he could do. His movement , when in form is fantastic and his strike rate and ability to score out of nothing is top class.

The best way to regain confidence, is to go back out and keep trying. Getting dropped will send out the wrong message to the player, plus destroy his confidence in himself and in the club.

As viper said to Jester when Maverick blamed himself for Goose's death and Jester said, "you know, he just might not make it back" and Viper said, " keep sending him up."

Talk to me Goose...................

The big concern for me is how he and Ba don't seem to have an effective partnership in a 4-4-2 at all.

They both seem to be on each other's toes all of the time, so the movement between the pair of them needs to be worked on in training.

That is a concern that our coaching staff must work on because a 4-4-2 could work,when Shearer first came to the club we had the same dilemma with Ferdinand,they were going for the same ball and making it easy for defenders.When the coaching staff pointed out certain things to them they hit it off.Good players can always adjust.

As for dropping him it's a no from me as we all know what he's capable of doing and will do it again i'm sure of it.

I pointed out awhile ago that the partnership with Ba was not working. Naturally I took shit from people on here who may watch Newcastle but don't know what they are seeing.

Until Pardew get's them sorted out in training and get's some understanding between them, then the partnership is not going to click. Based on his performances so far, and yesterday was absolutely dreadful, I'd drop Cisse and go back to Ba as the front man and push Ben Arfa up behind him. I' don't see many more options given the form of marveaux, the lack of ability of obertan and I'd assume there are no kids really pushing for a place or Pardew would've tried them already. Not much from the Euro games thats for sure.

Cisse doesn't seem to pose any threat and his movement is poor. Totally different to last season. Its not a case of bad luck that he's not scoring, he's nowhere close to scoring but more importantly, his overall game is right off the boil. Thank Christ we have the manager of the year to sort it out.

Saying that, I hope Cisse goes out and scores six on Wednesday night.

Agreed. To be fair, everyone was saying before he got here that the partnership had never work for Senegal. They both seem to be poachers that are incredible in and around the box but make similar runs and don't play off each other well. Even further, as you mentioned...he has not been getting in the right positions or creating chances. Hasn't even been holding the ball up well.

I think we should try the 4-5-1 against Reading.

1) I think we would get the full amount out of Ben Arfa if we played him as a "Trequarista" Where we have been using him lately has been ineffective

2) Jonas isn't a CM, let him get back to the wing where he is effective and has proven to create chances- albeit we all know his final delivery isn't the best

3) Pair Cabaye with Tiote/Anita in the middle. This will allow Anita to slot to RB when Tiote is ready to start- and also allow the freedom for Cabaye to go forward a bit more.

4) The 4-4-2 hasn't worked for us at all. And this 4-3-3 with Ba playing out wide is fitting square pegs in round holes. If we are going to play the 4-3-3, I'd rather us start Jonas out wide and have a Cabaye-Anita-Tiote midfield with Cabaye at the top, which would really allow him creative freedom. Enough of this Jonas in CM nonsense just to get the players into the squad that deserve it based on past performances in other positions. Makes no sense.

Anyway- people keep saying "Play him Wednesday and he will regain his form"....that's what I'm suggesting. Nobody in their right mind is saying don't play the lad at all- shit even if we wanted to do that we don't have the depth. Point is, play him in Carling Cup Wednesday and unless he is lights out or demonstrates he should be in the starting line-up, then play a 4-5-1 with Ba up top against Reading away from home.

Ben Arfa has only looked effective centrally behind a front two. With only one up top he seems to push further forward and is easily marked out of it. I'm not convinced it would work at all.

And Cisse in the last couple of games has had a few chances, he's just fluffed them. In the first couple of games he barely touched the ball.

Its the fucking left you BASTARDS!!!!!!!

4118984-xs.jpg

Having another proper winger (whatever you want to fucking well call it) will give defences the headache of not simply having to concentrate on Ben Arfa. we will then have multiple channels of quick attack

DadsArmy.jpg

leaving Ben Arfa even free to do what he wants when he wants.

He did indeed. Most forwards do. I remember last season dropping Rooney from my fantasy team as he was doing shit and then no sooner he started banging them in.

Id play cisse tonight, perfect chance to get some confidence back.

He did indeed. Most forwards do. I remember last season dropping Rooney from my fantasy team as he was doing shit and then no sooner he started banging them in.

Id play cisse tonight, perfect chance to get some confidence back.

I dropped Ba before the Blackburn game ffs. :lol:

I dropped Ba before the Blackburn game ffs. :lol:

I dropped Cisse after I convinced myself that he won't come good until after Xmas.

I fully expected to be embarrassed in the Fantasy leagues, but I'm top of 3 of them and in a respectable place in the TT one

The 7 people would voted "yes" must be feeling fucking stupid this morning.

Can we close this thread down? Nothing but utter stupidity now.

All the people that said yes, said "start him against Manchester United"

Nobody wants to move him to the reserve team FFS. Just not in the starting XI for Reading.

Fuck. ing. hell.

Edited by colinh9

The 7 people would voted "yes" must be feeling fucking stupid this morning.

Does not compute. He was dropped from the starting team. Scored from the bench.

I didn't vote.

• 1 month later...

He's done stuff like that before too hasnt he? Visiting kids etc.

Always seems to have a smile on his face too.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I bloody well hope we keep faith in him. The kind of talent he showed last season, cant just disappear. Going through a lean patch no doubt but all strikers do and we're bloody hopeless as a team at the moment which doesnt help.