Stoke City - Newcastle

Aeris

Suggesting we go with an offensive midfield is stillborn, Pardew would rather crash Fontes birthday party than letting his hair down again ( think wigan, Tottenham away).

Nope, likely another setup with two holding midfielders and jonas/obertan on the flanks. Ive seen less toothless displays at the local elderly home whenever supper is served.

What would you do differently then?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last season, we should be going to Stoke looking for 3 points. Instead, we're all praying for the draw.

As long as that twat Owen doesn't score.

Just coming back from injury and unlikely to be in the squad apparently.

I know you CT, a few molten lava tempered porky pies shovelled in and washed down with a pint or 5, the pipe will be singing to a different tune.

Pork pies are served cold. Or was that a deliberate mistake? ;)

I suspect roles will be reversed on last years score line. 3-1 to Stoke and where our goal comes for is anyone's guess. I don't understand why Pards doesn't go with last seasons successful 433 formation. Ok, injuries aside, it's a formation that worked and all I see is a traditional 442 that is clearly not working with Ba and Cisse not able to play together in his role. Cisse spends so much time offside, he may as well set up a picnic in the fucking goal. Get back to what worked and maybe try Cisse on the left with Ba up front if Cisse can't rediscover his form. For me, Obertan is our only attacking option on the right of the front 3 in Barfa's abcense.

Just when you think that all hope is lost.......

BOOM! up steps Nile Ranger to save our season and clinch the winner in injury time.

Christ, I thought I was delusional at the moment while on chemotherapy. What is your excuse CT?

So, a guess at the team for tonight. Obertan definitely misses, Perch could return.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Ferguson

Jonas Tiote Perch

Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Its a hard one to try and hobble together but this keeps us pretty strong in the midfield, allows Ferguson onto the pitch to hopefully create some balls from out wide and allows Marveaux to try and orchestrate some balls on the ground through to the front two.

Cant see us getting anything from this barring individual brilliance from Ba/Cisse. Mind who the heck is going to string 3 passes together and make sure they get the ball is a scoring position is beyond me.

So, a guess at the team for tonight. Obertan definitely misses, Perch could return.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Ferguson

Jonas Tiote Perch

Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Jesus christ a midfield three of jonas tiote perch... with the french crock in the HBA role and two strikers who cant stand eachother...

Team to play Stoke (mk 2)

Krul

Santon Williamson Coloccini Ferguson

Jonas Tiote Perch

Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Although Im sure Pardew will pick Simpson.

Given Stoke are built like brick shit houses and Ferguson is built like a fanny hair, yeah I'd pick Simpson too.