Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

It begs the question 'why' though? A purple player for the bench? Aged 28 too. Makes zero sense looking at what we know about Ashley.

27 same age as Debouchy. Plus it won't be a fortune.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he did - but he also has kick abouts there apparently.

How do you think ageing will effect him? I think he's intelligent enough to get around it.

personally i think players who have never been blessed with pace age better than those who have e.g Teddy Sheringham (no-one mention Ryan Giggs though eh?)

If players are used to relying on the having the first yard of pace "in their head" rather than their legs it makes it easier to lose a yard of pace, in my opinion! e.g can you imagine Obertan beating anyone in ten years time without a burst of pace?

Danny Graham coming too, I'm being told. Don't shoot the messenger, but I've got a text about it there from someone I trust.

Wasn't the same lad that old you about tiote going and baine signing was it?

'If' Pardew is looking at playing a more attacking, 433 style or such he's going to need the extra attacking players for any prolonged run with it - besides, we needed another striker before Ba left, getting two in (one being able to play wide) sounds about right and 27 is probably the top end of what's acceptable for our transfer policy.

Havent seen too much of him but he's a different type of player from Ba/Cisse isnt he? So hopefully we wont have the same problem we had with the Dembas playing together. Now to sign a CB. A decent winger wouldnt hurt either but that would be asking for too much now wouldnt it :P

I'd love to see Graham come in and offer something a little different up top. Even if/when Remy goes over the line, we're still going to be light up front. As for the man himself, he's as big a Toon fan as we all are from what I've heard so it'd be a no brainer. £4m is a bargain to go a few months outside the Llambias/Ashley blueprint. My one fear is that he could be used as one of Pard's hoofball recipients. At least he'd have a chance of getting onto one of Willo's humps upfield, unlike Cisse.

Many of the hoofs come from Williamson, so replace him in the side and that's a big step towards changing the way we play. Next they need to work on improving Krul's kicking and getting him to look for shorter more accurate passing options as he's another prime candidate. Simpson being replaced in the first team by Debuchy should help as well.

Graham would be a good bet as back up (really don't think we should be considering him as more than that) and him being a fan would be a good thing but I do wonder whether there's not a cheaper option we could get from the championship for that role (and I would think Ashley and co would be thinking the same thing).

£4m is reasonably large expense for us these days (well it always has been really, yes we've spent £10m-£15m a few times but if we were spending £4m it would have always been on someone you'd expect to be a regular starter) so I just don't see it happening.

Are you not only allowed one player under that ruling? I'm not certain but I seem to remember when .com had details of that ruling on when Debuchy signed it said something about it only being one player that an exception could be made for. I could be totally wrong there mind.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't field out strongest XI against Metalist, with the week off in between thanks to our FA Cup exit. I'm hopeful that we should be some way clear of the relegation places by the time we came to a potential last 16 encounter anyway, so I'd like to see us try and win the competition. When are we next going to have a go at a European cup?

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't field out strongest XI against Metalist, with the week off in between thanks to our FA Cup exit. I'm hopeful that we should be some way clear of the relegation places by the time we came to a potential last 16 encounter anyway, so I'd like to see us try and win the competition. When are we next going to have a go at a European cup?

absolutely. the approach to the fa cup was a disgrace. silverware - or even a major final or semi final appearance - would give the place such a major boost after a disappointing league season.

and ashley invests the required fund this window, we should be capable of surviving and going for it in the uefa cup. whether he does or not is another matter.

Marseille were in the europa league this season anyway and Remy has already played and scored in the competition I believe

thats what I thought then I checked on wiki....

In the UEFA Champions League, Rémy scored group stage goals against Slovak club MŠK Žilina and Russian club FC Spartak Moscow.[45][46]

but it turns out that refers to 2010/11.....so I'll just get me coat... :blush2:

thats what I thought then I checked on wiki....

In the UEFA Champions League, Rémy scored group stage goals against Slovak club MŠK Žilina and Russian club FC Spartak Moscow.[45][46]

but it turns out that refers to 2010/11.....so I'll just get me coat... :blush2:

I think Marseille were losing two nothing at home to somone (maybe Fenerbache), Barton was replaced by Remy and the game ended 2 a piece! Pointless information I guess....!