Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

We need two strikers and two centre halfs iyam. And we need to forget any attempt to let Simpson go now weve got Debuchy, if thats what theyre contemplating.

I remember one of the dildo sellers at West Ham saying when they went down "I thought we'd spent enough in January to keep us up....." That was the January they signed Ba, can't really remmeber who else but I do seem to rememeber it working for a while then they flatlined and went down. Bottom line is theres no guarantees of acheiving anything with no real time to blend new players into the squad. A fortnight after the window closes we're back in Europe too.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One out, one in.

I reckon thats the way this transfer window will go. Despite the fact we needed a CF before ba went, I don't think Ashley has any intention of splashing the cash. Unless the likes of Simpson goes, I doubt anyone will come in.

I'm thinking Debuchy will be it. Remember the summer they had Anita sorted out very quickly and 'won't be held to ransom' elsewhere. And then there's the Carroll debacle. Einstein's theory of insanity.

Edited by trophyshy

I don't think that even Ashley would take that much of a gamble on Premier League survival.... though he does seem the type to lose a war to win a battle.

The clubs of any potential targets will know that we need a forward having lost Ba, so they'll attempt to hold us to ransom early in the window.

I don't think that even Ashley would take that much of a gamble on Premier League survival.... though he does seem the type to lose a war to win a battle.

The clubs of any potential targets will know that we need a forward having lost Ba, so they'll attempt to hold us to ransom early in the window.

even though getting a player blooded earlier could result in a quicker impact on our team, hopefully staving off any relegation battle sooner. he doesn't see the big picture. why wait a month to get a player at a right price when we need goals in the team now?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8388431

Check out St Etienne's VC's last comments....

even though getting a player blooded earlier could result in a quicker impact on our team, hopefully staving off any relegation battle sooner. he doesn't see the big picture. why wait a month to get a player at a right price when we need goals in the team now?

Exactly. Flim-flamming.

Ashley saw last season that he can take a risk with a small squad and it can work fine. I'd like to think he will realise that we got very lucky with that and put the money in so we're not relying on luck to get us through this season. I fear he won't though and probably just thinks we've been unlucky so far this season!

http://www1.skysport...s/11678/8388431

Check out St Etienne's VC's last comments....

If we'd went after Cisse last season in a position like the one we're in now we'd have probably ended up needing another couple of million to sign him. We've backed ourselves into a corner allowing us to be down to Cisse and Shola as the only senior strikers on the books so it's obvious to everyone we're desperate. Yet again there seems to be no forward thinking from us!

I'm not too sure why Ashley is looking at splashing 10mil on Remy when someone like Danny Graham can be had for half the price and would snap our hands off to play here. Not saying I would prefer him but I just can't work out Ashley's reasoning behind it

Just done a bit of youtube scouting and he look pretty skillful and seems to score a fair few different types of goal. From the clips that are on there he doesn't look like a poacher type of player and often seems to be out on the flanks. Looks interesting.

I'm not too sure why Ashley is looking at splashing 10mil on Remy when someone like Danny Graham can be had for half the price and would snap our hands off to play here. Not saying I would prefer him but I just can't work out Ashley's reasoning behind it

14 goals in 51 league games for Swansea....more than 1 every 3 games. How does that comapre with Remy?...did he have a blinding season 2 or 3 years back?...

Just done a bit of youtube scouting and he look pretty skillful and seems to score a fair few different types of goal. From the clips that are on there he doesn't look like a poacher type of player and often seems to be out on the flanks. Looks interesting.

You want to be careful with that, look what happened with Boggle-eyes Wise.

You want to be careful with that, look what happened with Boggle-eyes Wise.

The big difference is I'm not recommending him. I'm just describing what I saw on internet clips. Well that and the fact that I have absolutely no power within the club!

I agree, but historically that does not appear to be the way that he does business. This next run of three games are incredibly important.

6 months of scouting and talks down the drain then. At least we've got 2 weeks to find a striker, full back and centre half to fucking break even. We must be the only fucking club fighting relegation who goes through a transfer window and loses 2 or 3 of its best players and comes out the other end even weaker as a team

6 months of scouting and talks down the drain then. At least we've got 2 weeks to find a striker, full back and centre half to fucking break even. We must be the only fucking club fighting relegation who goes through a transfer window and loses 2 or 3 of its best players and comes out the other end even weaker as a team

What was that line Ashley trotted out the relegation season about betting on a top 6 finish?

The cunt probably got unbelievable odds on us being relegated after finish 5th last season.