Pardew warns Ashley

Banshee

http://www.telegraph...-spend-big.html

Alan Pardew has warned Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley that the club are in danger of tumbling out of the Premier League if he does not allow him to spend heavily in the transfer market this month.

Is there any need to warn him?

It's been totally obvious since the summer that we need to spend heavily.

The Ba money has already gone and the likes of Simpson won't bring in much.

Will Ashley take another risk on relegation, and hope the injured players are back in time, or spend the £20/30 million needed?

Edited by Banshee

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see him spending £30M like. £20M at a push and if we do I reckon that will impact on spending plans in the summer or we could even see someone head out in the summer to pay for these.

Relegation cost c. £25m iirc. so he's not going to spend £30m when we have a lower wage bill this time around.

More than that I would say, and that's presuming an instant return.

More than that I would say, and that's presuming an instant return.

They claimed it cost £500k a week last time (or thereabouts). If it had cost more I don't see them spinning it to hide that, given the crack then was all about how much 'Mike' was putting into the club out of his own pocket etc. Having said that, I'm not suggesting we won't bring more players in because I think they realise we need another striker at least and they won't want to risk relegation. I don't see us spending £30m net (or £20m for that matter) though.

Edited by Alex

I was thinking more of the impact on sponsorship and other corporate deals. I suppose the fact that we're getting nought from Sports Direct will nullify that somewhat.

Has the parachute payment increased along with the TV money?

If not then they have a lot more to lose this time around.

Plus his Sports Direct advertising isn't worth shite around the world when it's part of the Championship coverage or FA League highlights program.

Still won't make a difference to the chancer.

if ashley thinks 5 million for debuchy is enough hes sadly fucking deluded we need a least another 4 players maybe 5 tops or 6 even 2 defenders 2 midfielders and 2 strikers to cover us

After Saturday I think my point about spending £20/30 million stands, we simply can't be throwing in the likes of Ranger, he's just not very good.

Our squad is just shocking when we have injuries and have to bring in people like him.

The quickest Obertan ran, all day, was when he was subbed and sprinted to the dressing room.

It must have been like walking to the North Pole getting back from Brighton, gloomy, endless and silent.

Edited by Banshee

I don't think the amount of money spent really counts. For £35m Liverpool got Andy Carroll for instance and he didn't do them much good.

It's more about the quality of players brought in than the money spunked.

I don't think the amount of money spent really counts. For £35m Liverpool got Andy Carroll for instance and he didn't do them much good.

It's more about the quality of players brought in than the money spunked.

Yeah, because there's loads of quality players available on the cheap.

I'm not suggesting we spend more money on shite like Xisco.

Edited by Banshee