Colo Gogo

Banshee

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH if he has personal problems that is his own business. If it's just home sickness from his family (seems a bit unlikely given previous comments he's made about how happy he is here) he can at least wait two or three months but if it's something deeper he's well within his rights to put his family before his career.

In this instance Mashley is the last person to fuck about with and I think Collo will find that out. San Lorenzo have no money and are probably angling for a loan. That can't happen. This is a mess Collo has got HIMSELF INTO.

The bloke stuck with it when we were relegated. OK he was on a tidy sum but then so were others at the time who made damned sure they got out of a sinking ship.

He's been resolute ever since and signalled his intentions to stay by signing the deal last summer - had he wanted away that was easily his best opportunity to get a mega-buck deal with a club in the CL that would have suited him but instead he signed a new deal with us.

Clearly something has happened since and the desire to return home has come about. Personal reasons / crisis are being cited but there's no obligation for him to have to divulge anything . He owes the club an explanation but he reserves the right for that to be made public - particularly if it's as sensitive as is being rumoured.

If he shows up in 6 months time at somewhere like Chelsea or one of the Manchester clubs then we have a right to be pissed off but he's been a loyal servant of this club is if there are personal reasons, it shouldn't be questioned.

TBH if he has personal problems that is his own business. If it's just home sickness from his family (seems a bit unlikely given previous comments he's made about how happy he is here) he can at least wait two or three months but if it's something deeper he's well within his rights to put his family before his career.

Absolutely. However pissed off we are with the situation something's are more important than football.

The bloke stuck with it when we were relegated. OK he was on a tidy sum but then so were others at the time who made damned sure they got out of a sinking ship.

He's been resolute ever since and signalled his intentions to stay by signing the deal last summer - had he wanted away that was easily his best opportunity to get a mega-buck deal with a club in the CL that would have suited him but instead he signed a new deal with us.

Clearly something has happened since and the desire to return home has come about. Personal reasons / crisis are being cited but there's no obligation for him to have to divulge anything . He owes the club an explanation but he reserves the right for that to be made public - particularly if it's as sensitive as is being rumoured.

If he shows up in 6 months time at somewhere like Chelsea or one of the Manchester clubs then we have a right to be pissed off but he's been a loyal servant of this club is if there are personal reasons, it shouldn't be questioned.

Club comes first. I wouldn't entertain any option that lets him swan off to Argentina, especially if it doesn't mean 10m in our bank account. He's a big lad and he has to get on with it. I hope the club make that clear to him.

I think the whole loyalty when we went down is more than a bit overplayed.

He was on big wages and his reputation in this country was in tatters after an awful first season so there was no one here going to come in for him. His reputation in Spain would have still been ok but which clubs over there could afford the sort of transfer fee we'd have demanded (given that he'd just cost us £10+ a year before) and his wages. Not many past Barca and Real so really he didn't have that much of an option but to stay with us.

Beyond that I can have no complaints about his effort on the pitch and to make sure he is on the pitch (his injury record tells you that he is a player who wants to play) but I wouldn't say that he's been incredibly loyal more than anyone else.

I think the whole loyalty when we went down is more than a bit overplayed.

He was on big wages and his reputation in this country was in tatters after an awful first season so there was no one here going to come in for him. His reputation in Spain would have still been ok but which clubs over there could afford the sort of transfer fee we'd have demanded (given that he'd just cost us £10+ a year before) and his wages. Not many past Barca and Real so really he didn't have that much of an option but to stay with us.

Beyond that I can have no complaints about his effort on the pitch and to make sure he is on the pitch (his injury record tells you that he is a player who wants to play) but I wouldn't say that he's been incredibly loyal more than anyone else.

Totally agree with that. He seems like a good person however by all accounts and he we have to make as strong a case as possible that he sees out the season with us (even if it means the odd flight to Arg to see his family and so on...) He has to see the season out.

Club comes first. I wouldn't entertain any option that lets him swan off to Argentina, especially if it doesn't mean 10m in our bank account. He's a big lad and he has to get on with it. I hope the club make that clear to him.

Agree and I'm sure they will but this is a footballer we're talking about, just loses that half a yard of pace doesn't go full tilt when he should, easy for these fuckers to make a position untenable.

Not handed a transfer request, but asked to leave, sounds like agent nonsense to get a move and loyalty bonus.

If that's the case I'd tell him to jog on.

Transfer request or no move.

There's absolutely no chance that we'll let him go without him forgoing his 'loyalty' bonus.

Agree and I'm sure they will but this is a footballer we're talking about, just loses that half a yard of pace doesn't go full tilt when he should, easy for these fuckers to make a position untenable.

Think the situation can be managed so it doesn't come to that and I don't think he's that type of person.

Hands up all those who think Pardew has diddled his missus.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately it's more likely he's been caught hanging out the back of someone other than his missus and she's fucked off out of Dodge!

Nobby Solano anyone?

Problem for the club is, if his heart's not in it we are fucked whether he plays or not.

If it is a serious personal/family matter he's under no obligation to tell anyone other than the club what it is. If I had issues so serious they made me want to relocate my family halfway round the world on a much lower salary, then I wouldn't take kindly to loads of people demanding I give all the details to the press.

The irony being he told us it was his dad who convinced him to sign a new contract last year when they were walking down Grey street.

We were in relegation form prior to selling Coloccini and Ba, our 2 best players IMO. What sort of state are we going to be in now?

It's like the Keegan sacking all over again when we signed Xisco, Colo et al. Debuchy must be asking himself what the fuck he's walked into

Unfortunately it's more likely he's been caught hanging out the back of someone other than his missus and she's fucked off out of Dodge!

Nobby Solano anyone?

Problem for the club is, if his heart's not in it we are fucked whether he plays or not.

That's the rumour. Totally unsubstantiated but would make sense as to why he's so eager to throw a lucrative contract and loyalty bonus away

I thought footballer's wives were uniformly of the opinion that turning a blind eye to a cheating husband is a pre-requisite of the job.

Until such time as they retire and they knick off with half the career earnings.

British skank wannabe's probably but potentially devout Catholic Argie, not so much.

I agree to a point but there are some things that are more important than your job and if this is to do with such things (we have no idea if it does at this stage mind) he could very well decide just to walk out on his contract in any case.

That's the rumour. Totally unsubstantiated but would make sense as to why he's so eager to throw a lucrative contract and loyalty bonus away

He doesn't need any bonuses or any other payments, the man is set for life in Argentina, financially. I'd like to think it is something a bit more respectable like a family illness or his family's homesickness rather than the "I shagged a Sharon" line.

Edited by Ken

The irony being he told us it was his dad who convinced him to sign a new contract last year when they were walking down Grey street.

We were in relegation form prior to selling Coloccini and Ba, our 2 best players IMO. What sort of state are we going to be in now?

It's like the Keegan sacking all over again when we signed Xisco, Colo et al. Debuchy must be asking himself what the fuck he's walked into

I can't see this being very positive for trying get Debuchy bedded in a playing at his best either!

If it is a serious personal/family matter he's under no obligation to tell anyone other than the club what it is. If I had issues so serious they made me want to relocate my family halfway round the world on a much lower salary, then I wouldn't take kindly to loads of people demanding I give all the details to the press.

Unless it's caused by something naughty he's done.

If the rumours are anywhere near correct expect it to be handled under "wife couldn't settle" despite him/them having been here a pretty long time.