Colo Gogo

Banshee

It's all obvious now - the cloud of Colo's problems have been hanging over the squad for the past few months. He's meant to be the leader and it's had a dreadful knock-on effect. Explains Jonas' drop in form too, like McFaul pointed out. Added to that was Demba Ba's running the show and I'll bet there was one unhappy squad.

Ashley really will have to splash the cash big style now if Colo leaves. How on earth things have regressed this far in the space of a few months is incredible. We will now need two top quality centre backs and a top quality striker. I hope Carr has some names lined up - he should do if this has been on the cards. Will Ashley now be prepared to spend a bit more? He's not stupid, he'll know we're in deep shit if we don't replace these two.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to worry about. We apparently always have at least two players lined up for every player we currently have in the event of a sale. (Well that was the patter last season when all was hunky dory.)

Unless it was a fib.

A very diffferent scenario.

Let's agree to disagree then.

It could be for any number of reasons but contracts aren't just there to suit one side and he wants to break his part of the bargain.

Players have bereavements all the time and still play. Frank Lampard springs to mind.

Players get divorced.

If the speculation is true and he's been cheating on his wife but he's still trying to wangle a loyalty bonus would that change your mind?

James Tomkins is still young. Whilst he'd be an alright signing he's nowhere near a player of Colo's calibre.

He'd be a headless chicken if he played next to Willo.

The fucking hell didn't we pay out £2m for Mariappa?

No one is taking the threat of relegation seriously. There's only 18 games to go and we're 4 points worse off now than we were when we went down, and two above the relegation spots! We've got to go to Man City, and Tottenham so you're looking at thinking there's 16 games we can get points from. If Coloccini goes now, we are in turmoil. Even if we sign TWO top class centre halfs, it's unreasonable to expect miracles straight away, we could be fucked here you know. I'm trying to be positive, but the bookies have us at 7/1 to go down they're fucking idiots. The last time we went down a lot of the players who stayed were English on big money deals, like Nolan, Barton, Shola etc... If we went down this time do you honestly think Cabaye, Benny, Santon, Anita, Krul and the likes of Cisse would stay? Would they fuck, we'll be left with the perenial Shola, Harper, Williamson, and Adam Campbell making the break through. My god. The next two games couldn't be bigger.

No one is taking the threat of relegation seriously. There's only 18 games to go and we're 4 points worse off now than we were when we went down, and two above the relegation spots! We've got to go to Man City, and Tottenham so you're looking at thinking there's 16 games we can get points from. If Coloccini goes now, we are in turmoil. Even if we sign TWO top class centre halfs, it's unreasonable to expect miracles straight away, we could be fucked here you know. I'm trying to be positive, but the bookies have us at 7/1 to go down they're fucking idiots. The last time we went down a lot of the players who stayed were English on big money deals, like Nolan, Barton, Shola etc... If we went down this time do you honestly think Cabaye, Benny, Santon, Anita, Krul and the likes of Cisse would stay? Would they fuck, we'll be left with the perenial Shola, Harper, Williamson, and Adam Campbell making the break through. My god. The next two games couldn't be bigger.

Not taking seriously? I was 50/50 before we lost Ba and now this! We're fucked unless some serious cash is spent this window.

Cunt's trick if he leaves this month other than if somebody is on their deathbed.

I thought he was a better professional than that.

I'd expect and hope that Ashley holds out for top dollar.

Even then you deal with it and go back to work

Would have thought as well As signings we want a few loanees through the door.

if colo follows ba i think we need at least four players capable of going straight into the first team, whether it's loans or buys. bodies needed asap to prevent the looming disaster