This is getting ridiculous now

Banshee

"The fans are great too. Once we have saved the club, you never know. To sign for PSG would be a childhood dream. If there is a proposal, I will study it with interest."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...E3gPsyX1UAIx.99

Yes, I know it's just paper-talk but we thought that about Ba & Colo.

Do these modern players have any sense of loyalty or am I just naive?

Funny that he's in Paris, probably going to their games and mixing with the players.

Edited by Banshee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He genuinely could be in any squad in the world. I'd like to think he'd stay with us but if a good CL team comes knocking then you cant blame the lad. We have zero ambition to get there.

Edited by Holden McGroin

shame if he does go in the summer. most talented player we've had in such a long time and yet we haven't had one really good full season from him yet due to injuries or lack of fitness. i imagine we'd have done a lot better these last few years if he'd managed 35 games every season.

Don't really think there's a massive amount in that tbh but we'd be foolish to think that a player of his ability is going to be happy to be at a club where the owners are happy just to plod along without any great concern what division we're in let alone interested in putting the money in that would be required to go for a champions league place. Especially if a club like PSG who are more than happy to splash money around all over the place!

Enjoy him while he's here is all we can do as long as Ashley's in charge. Same goes for all of our players really (well obviously no one enjoys the likes of Williamson and Squidward but you know what I mean!).

This is Ashley's real cash cow....a club with money to burn comes in for his best player...ker-ching!!!!

Its what we're set up to do as a club, a stepping stone for waifs,strays,youn uns and the injury prone.

Thats ok, its what we do with the funds generated thats important. Should we stay up we've got to the likes of Ben Arfa's replacement bigger wages with the funds generated by (possible) deals such as this. Or Ashley could chuck the cash in his hip pocket. We'll see.

Exactly. You can move forward as a club by selling (Spurs have done it) but you need to be willing to invest the money back in. If we sold HBA for £20m or whatever we could possibly buy two £10m players with what we get in. But no doubt we would use wages as an excuse so just spend £5m of it and give Williamson a new contract!

I've said since the minute we signed him that you need to savour every moment as history suggests he'd have no problems shafting us. I don't see why anyone would be surprised, we got him on the relative cheap because of him kicking up a stink at OM. As long as we make a healthy profit, I've always expected that his time here won't be that long to be honest.

I've said since the minute we signed him that you need to savour every moment as history suggests he'd have no problems shafting us. I don't see why anyone would be surprised, we got him on the relative cheap because of him kicking up a stink at OM. As long as we make a healthy profit, I've always expected that his time here won't be that long to be honest.

Absolutely. And that's a measure of the player rather than the club. No different to Fabragas courting Barca when he was at Arsenal - he'll sign for PSG one day and probably quite soon.

There's little loyalty in football except from the fans. Too many of those fans expect too much loyalty from they playing staff IMO.

He's a French lad who wants to play for the biggest French team (who also pay the biggest salaries).

No surprise that he has a desire to one day play there. I imagine he'd have the same desire regardless of whether he played for us or Man Utd.

He's also under contract with us - if they want him, they'll have to pay big.

He is one of those players who was never going to be around for long, fantastic talent and wouldn't be surprised if he went to one of the worlds top teams. PSG are his team but hopefully won't happen for awhile yet!

I am surprised nobody on here mentioned on Saturday that while we were in Norwich, Ben Arfa was watching PSG, so I am not at all surprised to read this. I have thought for a long while next summer we would lose the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye. This just cements my thoughts.

He's a French lad who wants to play for the biggest French team (who also pay the biggest salaries).

No surprise that he has a desire to one day play there. I imagine he'd have the same desire regardless of whether he played for us or Man Utd.

He's also under contract with us - if they want him, they'll have to pay big.

With most clubs that would be a good thing, with Ashley at Newcastle it's irrelevant.

I'm even starting to believe that the Remy 'transfer' is just to shut us up.

Will it be strung out until the end of the window when he signs for someone else and we're told it's too late to get anyone except Carlton Cole?

Edited by Banshee

They already have Lucas, Pastore, Menez and Lavezzi. Can totally see why they want him like.

No one has said they do have they? It's just Ben Arfa getting asked if he would sign for them by the French press as giving a fairly diplomatic answer. Probably the same sort of answer that Danny Graham would give if he was asked about signing for us.

He's said previously he's happy at the club and would only leave if a bigger team came along with a concrete offer and a starting role.

That and he'd be fucking expensive given his reputation and ability.

Bit of a non story tbh.