Newcastle United V Reading

Christmas Tree

I still think we'll get 3 players this window. But I don't think Pardew will maximise our resources or really knows how to...He's lost some of his spark.

I think it's fair to say Pardew's lost momentum within the team and maybe evening a certain portion of the dressing room. I agree that we'll make some signings before the transfer window closes but will they be enough? Prior to this poor run I'd have said so but I can't help feeling that the buzz from the team last year has gone and there's no way of getting it back without a change of manager - but then is there really anyone decent available out there who 1) would work with Ashley or 2) could make best use of the resources we have for the remainder of this season, enough to stop a slide in to relegation? My time for Pardew has passed I'm afraid, especially since his most recent excuses, he's lost my support to be honest and as much as I hate to say it I'd like to think we're now considering our options. That said I still maintain that this whole dismal situation is 100% Ashley's fault for not strengthening last summer, had we done that I think we'd have kept momentum and these problems would never have arisen. We probably wouldn't have increased much in the end result of the season from last year but we certainly wouldn't be in a relegation battle.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We managed it with Debuchy, Cisse and Cabaye. Under the Radar, announced as signed/signing, then signed the same day.

Debuchy wanted to come here all the fuckin time, Cisse was not surrounded by better alternatives and we were in a good position when signing him and had Ba, and Cabaye came here while nobody was looking at him or knowing Carr had a knack for finding good players. Everything spoke for us getting those players signed more or less easy.

Edited by Aeris

So you dont think any other manager could have produced a better result this season with the same squad?

Of course another manager could've done better - but not one we're likely to attract.

Losing at home to Reading had to be the worst possible league result. Yesterday really hurt. I'd say we are 50 50 to go down now. Gobsmacked, could only happen to us.

We need 6 wins and a couple of draws to be safe.

Trying to forget yesterday even happened.

Call it sad if you want but I've been ignoring the league table for a few weeks now. The last thing I want to do is to start looking at how many points we need to be alright.

No use looking, it only needs to be 1 goal better than 18th.

So apparantly it was Cisse who played as the winger yesterday according to Sky? Can we like ever get a system where people are assigned to a real position...

It was obvious they were rotating but the 1st half it was mostly Cisse up top, 2nd half when Shola's arse was hanging out, it looked like both of them.

Shola's arse hanging out, ahahahaha. There wasn't even the slightest hint of him getting subbed off. Pardew's rule #1 for how to win a game "Our rugby-like hoof-ball target must never leave the pitch, since he's the only player allowed to be near the ball from the midfield and up"

Edited by Aeris

It was certainly hard to believe what the eyes were telling me yesterday...

Hang on sunshine, either you need to take Sky's word for Cisse's position because you lack the where with all to assess it yourself, or you have to take Sky's word for it because you didn't watch the game.

So you either know nowt because you're stupid, or you know nowt because you didn't watch i.

Hang on sunshine, either you need to take Sky's word for Cisse's position because you lack the where with all to assess it yourself, or you have to take Sky's word for it because you didn't watch the game.

So you either know nowt because you're stupid, or you know nowt because you didn't watch i.

Dave, think of the children.

Tell that to whoever calls themselves football experts on that page. I simply pointed out the confusion we have in our arse system.

I saw the match, I saw Cisse doing most of the striker work from the start so I caught what was actually happening in practice. But I never really see them sky folks getting the formation right for us. According to the score center we played 442 the whole match...

So apparantly it was Cisse who played as the winger yesterday according to Sky? Can we like ever get a system where people are assigned to a real position...

For someone who is so critical of Pardew and the way the team are playing, you should at least watch the team yourself so you can actually comment with some shred of integrity.

If you'd watched the game, you would've seen Cisse was up top, not Shola. :unsure2:

For someone who is so critical of Pardew and the way the team are playing, you should at least watch the team yourself so you can actually comment with some shred of integrity.

If you'd watched the game, you would've seen Cisse was up top, not Shola. :unsure2:

For most of the 1st half ;)

The sky app had Santon and Debuchy as centre backs, and Colo and Williams as full backs. Is this what aeris relies on to inform her/his views?

Was it Deano that use to give his player ratings post game after only experiencing it through the match thread and the bbc match updates???