Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

He is gutted he has signed for us and thinks he is twice the player Colo is and built like a tank.

Think your friend is a little misguided on that last point, he's 6 foot and 80kg (12st 8 - About the weight of Stevie's right thigh or CT's lunch). For a defender he's not particularly big.

It doesn't mean he can't make up for it with athelticism and strength though, and it will be a brief welcome relief to havea player come through the door and sign should that actually happen.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal being linked again today. I'm far from convinced this is going to happen.

I wouldn't read much into that. He is expected to complete the move today??????? ( last famous words )

Flying in today. Medical a formality. Personal terms to be finalised. I think deal announced tomorrow. Some rumours that Bent is the mystery striker...Hmmmmm...

Edited by Park Life

If I was him I would ask for a plane back after watching that shite at the weekend.

Or he'd know that coming here, if he's replacing Williamson, the fans are going to absolutely love him. Would know loads about Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Debuchy etc etc. Sure we're in the shit at the minute but the rest of this season is one eighth of a four year contract and you would hope that he'd have the vision to look beyond the immediate dire position.

I really can't understand why any decent player would want to sign for us at the minute. We are a total mess and look odds on for relegation.

A couple of top signings and keeping Colo (don't think this will happen if I'm honest) could change that but I'm more than a bit worried that this won't happen.

I'd think this deal is far from certain even before the events of the last week but I'm even less sure now. I'll believe it when it's confirmed.

I really can't understand why any decent player would want to sign for us at the minute. We are a total mess and look odds on for relegation.

A couple of top signings and keeping Colo (don't think this will happen if I'm honest) could change that but I'm more than a bit worried that this won't happen.

I'd think this deal is far from certain even before the events of the last week but I'm even less sure now. I'll believe it when it's confirmed.

NUFC is quickly becoming Les Rosbifs division of Clairfontaine. Debuchy showed how attractive that seems to be to some Frenchies. Over and above cold hard cash.

Could we conceiveably sign 3 French players this window? + HBA,Cabaye,Cisse (speaka da lingo) Marveux,Abeid,Amalfitano,Obertan. Possibly 10 French squad members on 1st Feb...thats a lot. One of their wives probably makes lovely bread and pastries though....Dekka and Alan will love that :)

Hopefully Obertan, Abeid & Amalfianto will all be shipped out in the next window though as they're all shite!

Abeid and Amalfitano should go out on loan.

Totally harsh judging Amalfitano as of yet seeing as he's barely featured whatsoever.

So who do we replace them with in the squad?....we havent replaced Best or Lovenkrands yet. Not sure about Abeid, he's had two or three opputunities now over 18 months and he's not done much. Ashley is running a tight financial ship though, so am sure all will be fine... :glare:

So who do we replace them with in the squad?....we havent replaced Best or Lovenkrands yet. Not sure about Abeid, he's had two or three opputunities now over 18 months and he's not done much. Ashley is running a tight financial ship though, so am sure all will be fine... :glare:

So do you mean there exists no replacement for these players in this world that can be scouted by Carr and bought, like the manager situation where you are all shouting "so who do we replace pardew with? there isnt anyone"(like thats somekind of fact), or are you just open for suggestions?