Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

So who do we replace them with in the squad?....we havent replaced Best or Lovenkrands yet. Not sure about Abeid, he's had two or three opputunities now over 18 months and he's not done much. Ashley is running a tight financial ship though, so am sure all will be fine... :glare:

I said the next transfer window rather than this one because I am meaning that they need replacing at that time, we won't be able to do that this month. As to who we would replace them with, I've no idea. I don't really think any of us can be expected to come up with cheap young players to add to our squad. That's where we really need our scouts to come up with options.

I know I'm probably being harsh on Amalfitano given that I've barely seen anything of him but the fact that throughout our injury problems and awful form, he's never got close to playing tells me he' not up to it! And I've seen Abeid play about ten times now in cup and friendly games and I can't see anything in him at all.

You're spot on we haven't replaced Lovenkrands or Best yet but that doesn't alter the fact that our back up players simply aren't good enough.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do we replace them with in the squad?....we havent replaced Best or Lovenkrands yet. Not sure about Abeid, he's had two or three opputunities now over 18 months and he's not done much. Ashley is running a tight financial ship though, so am sure all will be fine... :glare:

Amalfitano hasn't featured for us at all though, so even a month's loan to get him some first team football would be beneficial don't you agree?

So do you mean there exists no replacement for these players in this world that can be scouted by Carr and bought, like the manager situation where you are all shouting "so who do we replace pardew with? there isnt anyone"(like thats somekind of fact), or are you just open for suggestions?

No, I mean Ashley wont spend enough money to build the squad in general. We didnt have a proven premier league standard player on the bench on Saturday bar Steven Taylor and he is returning from long term injury. Are you beginning to see the problem?

I said the next transfer window rather than this one because I am meaning that they need replacing at that time, we won't be able to do that this month. As to who we would replace them with, I've no idea. I don't really think any of us can be expected to come up with cheap young players to add to our squad. That's where we really need our scouts to come up with options.

I know I'm probably being harsh on Amalfitano given that I've barely seen anything of him but the fact that throughout our injury problems and awful form, he's never got close to playing tells me he' not up to it! And I've seen Abeid play about ten times now in cup and friendly games and I can't see anything in him at all.

You're spot on we haven't replaced Lovenkrands or Best yet but that doesn't alter the fact that our back up players simply aren't good enough.

I was making a general point about Ashley & co's policy in general...if he's taking money for Best and Lovenkrands, not replacing them and then taking gambles on complete unknowns from the French second division like Amatifano, it tells its own story on the pitch. Its the opposite of development, its taken us backwards.

Youre right, Amaltifano barely made the bench v Brighton

Abeid has had his chsnces and not taken them

We need them for the squad though because the first XI hasnt been strengthened properly.

I was making a general point about Ashley & co's policy in general...if he's taking money for Best and Lovenkrands, not replacing them and then taking gambles on complete unknowns from the French second division like Amatifano, it tells its own story on the pitch. Its the opposite of development, its taken us backwards.

Youre right, Amaltifano barely made the bench v Brighton

Abeid has had his chsnces and not taken them

We need them for the squad though because the first XI hasnt been strengthened properly.

Yeah I totally agree with all of that. We are stuck with them at the minute because we have nothing else. Given that Swansea picked up Michu for £2m you would have to think there must be other players out there who we can bring in fairly cheaply and are experienced enough to be able to cover for one of our 'Purples' albeit at not quite the same standard. It's all well and good bringing in youngsters like Abeid in for nothing with the hope that they will one day make it and we can rake in a good transfer fee at that time to use on paying for more 'Purples', but you can't rely on them to cover the first team.

Just waiting for Wenger to crawl out of his chrysalis..

god i wish you guys would stop getting me all excited. To be honest it doesnt even have to be a good player, any signing would be something to look forward to at the minute. :( I really cant imagine how the hell we can stay up this season barring a miracle this month