Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also not seeing this fantastic debuchy that everyone else is seeing. Cost us a goal and looks very average so far.

Thought the pen was soft in fairness, hardly touched him, guy had already made up his mind he was going to ground well before Debuchy got near him. Not seen the games but I think he offers a lot more than Simpson.

Excellent first half. Very excited about the way everyone linked up. Cracking goals too and a very promising start from Sissoko. That guy looked every bit as good as he was touted to be.

Dont want to talk about the second half, havent read through the whole thread but Im sure its been discussed in length already. We disappeared completely and in all fairness were lucky to come away with a win. Man of the match Krul for me.

Good to get a win under the bealt and hopefully can go on to better things from here.

We noticably dropped 15 yards further back in the second half, and gave Villa the impetus. The first half though we completely dominated, there's so many positives, and today is the first day I've felt happy about our future in ages. Pardew needs to stop being a cunt though, his decisions this season have been as bad as they were good last season.

Thought the pen was soft in fairness, hardly touched him, guy had already made up his mind he was going to ground well before Debuchy got near him. Not seen the games but I think he offers a lot more than Simpson.

Schoolboy error for the pen, the player and ball were heading away from goal. No need whatsoever to get that close in that situation.

So Debuchy is definitely your new target so you can say I told you so?

I mean it's worked before for you so can't see why it wouldn't now. ;)

you know Fritzl Tree wouldn't say this sort of shit when he's in some wank Carvery pub with a load of replica shirted spastics like him, just in case a proper fan was there & put him on his arse; he comes on here & says it, because he's a worthless cunt

While most of us were hiding behind our settees and biting our nails down to the skin, you were making notes about Shola's success at winning long balls! Brilliant.

It pissed me off because I knew exactly what we were going to do & exactly what was going to happen when we did it. I think I needed the numbers.

It looked more of a tangle to me - not a dive or a bad tackle. Couldn't call it either way for fault so it's not a penalty for me.

Debuchy has looked fairly solid to me, a great addition in his second game in a different team in a different league.

It looked more of a tangle to me - not a dive or a bad tackle. Couldn't call it either way for fault so it's not a penalty for me.

Debuchy has looked fairly solid to me, a great addition in his second game in a different team in a different league.

Agreed...although I think with experience Debuchy might have avoided even the tangle.

Debuchy is still getting used to the pace of the premier league

He bommed on loads in the first half, then had his ankle stamped on and had to contain agbonlahor's pace.

Give him time to adjust. I thought the same about Santon when he first joined, he was great going forward but always out of position, he's improved ten fold since joining.

Debuchy is still getting used to the pace of the premier league

He bommed on loads in the first half, then had his ankle stamped on and had to contain agbonlahor's pace.

Give him time to adjust. I thought the same about Santon when he first joined, he was great going forward but always out of position, he's improved ten fold since joining.

To be fair, Santon is only 20 or 21, whereas Debuchy is 27.

I like Debuchy though, but Santon can use age and lack of experience to excuse his positional weaknesses, Debuchy should have it sorted by now.

He does have a bit of a reputation for being poor positionally, but his pace and ability going forwards stops it from being too significant to his overall game.

To be fair, Santon is only 20 or 21, whereas Debuchy is 27.

I like Debuchy though, but Santon can use age and lack of experience to excuse his positional weaknesses, Debuchy should have it sorted by now.

He does have a bit of a reputation for being poor positionally, but his pace and ability going forwards stops it from being too significant to his overall game.

He didn't look too quick against agbonlahor last night. Got skinned for pace a couple of times

He didn't look too quick against agbonlahor last night. Got skinned for pace a couple of times

To be fair Agbonlahor is still one of the fastest players in the league and had 45 minutes more rest.