Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Tories don't actually want the headache of having to carry out Brexit and it's clear that the majority of the public don't want it so why the hell are we doing it? Much has changed since the vote so why the hell are we jumping off a cliff without double checking if it's actually what the electorate want?

Because pulling back from doing so would undermine 'democracy' and more importantly, would make the Tories look absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I agree that all the rational arguments for doing so are there, but the truth is that the Tories simply do not value the 'national good' above being in power.

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Rayvin said:

Because pulling back from doing so would undermine 'democracy' and more importantly, would make the Tories like absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I agree that all the rational arguments for doing so are there, but the truth is that the Tories simply do not value the 'national good' above being in power.

Also the PM has such a tenuous grip on power anyway.

They don't have to look weak or undemocratic. They could paint it as being extra democratic by checking the temperature of the electorate before confirming our imminent demise. 

Just now, Alex said:

Also the PM has such a tenuous grip on power anyway.

If it's true that she'll be gone before the end of the year then what does she have to lose? If she led a winning remain campaign then that should only increase her stock. The problem is that no one trusts her to lead any form of campaign.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hold on chaps. Both Labour and Conservatives put in their manifesto that they were leaving the EU and their share of vote increased. The party offering a 2nd referendum (lib dems), saw their share of the vote decrease.

I voted Labour despite clearly wanting to stay in the EU. I've seen many people reel out this position recently and it just doesn't hold. People aren't voting to try to stop Brexit, they're just resigned to it and trying to get the best outcome they can out of what's left.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hold on chaps. Both Labour and Conservatives put in their manifesto that they were leaving the EU and their share of vote increased. The party offering a 2nd referendum (lib dems), saw their share of the vote decrease.

What does it mean? It means nothing. Musk is taking thousands to Mars.

Edited by Park Life

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I voted Labour despite clearly wanting to stay in the EU. I've seen many people reel out this position recently and it just doesn't hold. People aren't voting to try to stop Brexit, they're just resigned to it and trying to get the best outcome they can out of what's left.

'Optics'.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The Tories don't actually want the headache of having to carry out Brexit and it's clear that the majority of the public don't want it so why the hell are we doing it? Much has changed since the vote so why the hell are we jumping off a cliff without double checking if it's actually what the electorate want?

Never really got the argument from brexiters here about giving is a choice on destination, especially given the closeness of the referendum and the fact that Brexit meant different things to different people.

Actually, I think I do get it and it involves the word cunts.

See Boris is being one again. EU can whistle over 'divorce' settlement, there is no plan B because we are getting a great deal. Ffs. These are the best political minds we have? 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Never really got the argument from brexiters here about giving is a choice on destination, especially given the closeness of the referendum and the fact that Brexit meant different things to different people.

Actually, I think I do get it and it involves the word cunts.

See Boris is being one again. EU can whistle over 'divorce' settlement, there is no plan B because we are getting a great deal. Ffs. These are the best political minds we have? 

All the intelligent people have long since abandoned politics. Blair, much as I think he's partially responsible for causing this clusterfuck, was probably the last true statesman we had.

Nicked from Guardian comments...

''I am a backward Hungarian but I never heard of zero hour contracts, rubbish agency work, honor killings, gang masters, slavery, inbred pedo rings, beef lasagna made of horse, a garage/studio flats for rent for a grand, no go areas, 9250 quid tuition fees before I have lived in "developed" England. Please lecture me how socially backward I am with your royal family, your queen who cant be tried in a court of law, your unelected house of lords, your faux independent justice system that is unaffordable to the vast majority of the population. There are two nations in the world where un-elected members of the clergy members of the parliament the UK and Iran.

Orban the dictator whom I actually dislike did not let flags on half mast when the murderous Saudi King died to pay homage nor did he is responsible for the unlawful murder of hundreds of thousands of people like your ex prime minister Tony Blair. Freedom of press? You cant even comment freely on this website. It is not backward Hungary where police shoot blacks almost daily but the home of the land of the free, the gun obsessed USA. And yes most Hungarians do like Europe and European culture and don't want the same things to happen in Hungary or Poland or the Czech Republic what's happening now literally weekly from Munich to Brussels and from Nice to Paris. Plus you delude yourself that you in rich in general, it is only a very small segment of your society. Just go thru any ordinary town centre and you see five charity shops, a poundland, ten betting shops and a sea of poverty.'' :lol:

Good day

Edited by Park Life

6 hours ago, Park Life said:

Nicked from Guardian comments...

''I am a backward Hungarian but I never heard of zero hour contracts, rubbish agency work, honor killings, gang masters, slavery, inbred pedo rings, beef lasagna made of horse, a garage/studio flats for rent for a grand, no go areas, 9250 quid tuition fees before I have lived in "developed" England. Please lecture me how socially backward I am with your royal family, your queen who cant be tried in a court of law, your unelected house of lords, your faux independent justice system that is unaffordable to the vast majority of the population. There are two nations in the world where un-elected members of the clergy members of the parliament the UK and Iran.

Orban the dictator whom I actually dislike did not let flags on half mast when the murderous Saudi King died to pay homage nor did he is responsible for the unlawful murder of hundreds of thousands of people like your ex prime minister Tony Blair. Freedom of press? You cant even comment freely on this website. It is not backward Hungary where police shoot blacks almost daily but the home of the land of the free, the gun obsessed USA. And yes most Hungarians do like Europe and European culture and don't want the same things to happen in Hungary or Poland or the Czech Republic what's happening now literally weekly from Munich to Brussels and from Nice to Paris. Plus you delude yourself that you in rich in general, it is only a very small segment of your society. Just go thru any ordinary town centre and you see five charity shops, a poundland, ten betting shops and a sea of poverty.'' :lol:

Good day

Aye, but Hungary man? Never ben there but if it's anything like Romania where I have been the poverty is on a different level. Take two more general election wins for the Tories and a creamed button mushroom til we get that bad. 

Aye, it's funny but you could fly an Airbus through half of that logic.

Clearly never heard of horse lasagne because they export all of theirs.

Don't think you can really compare Hungary and Romania when it comes to poverty like (doesn't change the flaws in the comment or the fact Orban is a fascist cunt though :lol: )

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, but Hungary man? Never ben there but if it's anything like Romania where I have been the poverty is on a different level. Take two more general election wins for the Tories and a creamed button mushroom til we get that bad. 

I haven't been to Romania so can't compare but I didn't witness much poverty in Hungary and I was pretty far from Budapest. Wages are quite low but reflected in the cost of living. Unemployment being low created a noticeable difference in how well people were treated at work. They were basically immune from bollockings because they could just leave and get a job somewhere else the same day. Agencies were getting coach loads of workers in from neighbouring countries to plug the jobs gaps in the area I was in. 

Train we got on a few weeks ago to go to the countryside via Berlin was a Polish train. They had refurbished the ext to look almost like German trains but the interior was 20years out of date. :lol: Everybody in Germany knows these Ost Europa are just vassal states.

Edited by Park Life